Still thinking about going to Russia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Still thinking about going to Russia?

Post by MatureDJ »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Huddo
Freshman Poster

Re: Still thinking about going to Russia?

Post by Huddo »

I’ve been to Russia recently and felt equally welcome as previous visits. If you’re a regular nobody there’s nothing to worry about, in fact I get the feeling the state wants to see regular tourists visiting because it gives the impression of normality for it’s citizens.

If you’re a fellow Russian dater, this is the golden time to visit. The 5% of serious men who usually travel after meeting women on the legitimate FSU dating sites is now 0.5%. They like a man of action and getting on a plane when the rest of the western world won’t makes you a mans man in their eyes. I’m off the market but some of my single US friends have moved to Russia recently because of the dating situation. They started meeting potential partners in a third country, but it wasn’t cost or time effective with the numbers of women they have been meeting lately.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

"Evan Gershkovich" is he an Americanized Russian or Ukrainian Jew?
No wonder he got arrested. He kept peddling western propaganda that Russian is going down economically or he might be a CIA agent or mole.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

You never know what will happen. If you are an US citizen you could maybe become a hostage, regardless what you did or not did.
Hostages are good material for prisoners exchange.

I think it is better now for your own safety NOT to enter Russia, especially not if you hold US-citizenship.
Why should you take such a risk?

Same is true with countries like North Korea, Iran, Afghanistan... there are also complaints about China.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Totally agree with Yohan here. Going to Russia is not worth the risk.

You can do video dating, then when you select the one meet her in another country such as Turkey or Georgia.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
March 31st, 2023, 7:01 am
No wonder he got arrested. He kept peddling western propaganda that Russian is going down economically or he might be a CIA agent or mole.
Yep, he's a Jew alright. But not the lying kind; it's hardly "Western propaganda" to believe Russia is going down the drain, it's basic common sense when many of your best and brightest have fled the country and your youth is being slaughtered in a pointless war. I mean for sure Ukraine is being absolutely destroyed by the war but one has to be pretty naive to believe Russia isn't being severely damaged as well.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
March 31st, 2023, 12:52 pm
March 31st, 2023, 7:01 am
Yep, he's a Jew alright. But not the lying kind; it's hardly "Western propaganda" to believe Russia is going down the drain, it's basic common sense when many of your best and brightest have fled the country and your youth is being slaughtered in a pointless war. I mean for sure Ukraine is being absolutely destroyed by the war but one has to be pretty naive to believe Russia isn't being severely damaged as well.
No doubt about it. The Russian Economy is also taking some heavy hits with money spend on war, their men dying ,and their best and the brightest fleeing. That's why for every American Journalist snooping around Moscow, they are a target for arrest. Things are no going well for Russia and Ukraine either.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

March 31st, 2023, 1:04 pm
No doubt about it. The Russian Economy is also taking some heavy hits with money spend on war, their men dying ,and their best and the brightest fleeing. That's why for every American Journalist snooping around Moscow, they are a target for arrest. Things are no going well for Russia and Ukraine either.
The years ahead may be the "Golden Age" for Western men who are into Slavic women. :lol:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I would agree with @Huddo that now is a perfect time to visit Russia if you have been in contact with a woman there for some time, though I am skeptical about guys who meet women through dating sites of any sort, whether scam sites or legitimate. In person is the only wsy to really evaluate chemistry, and social dancing is best form of in-person. So great time to go social dancing in Russia to meet girls who want to leave. I know Huddo actually met his girlfriend in person, after meeting via some web dating site, so this skepticism doesn't apply to him anymore.

The other issue is that Ukraine border control might be unfriendly if they see Russian stamps in your passport, and vice versa. So pick one of these countries and then stick to it. In my case, that's Ukraine. Hopefully, the war will end soon, with all the Ukrainian nationalists dead so no partisan/guerrilla war, and Ukraine goes back to being a Russian puppet state and I can finally visit again without worrying about bombs, no electricity, long bus rides in and out instead of air flights, etc. Ukraine should be very cheap after war, but unfortunately short of pretty young single women, since they all got snapped up in Western Europe. Might be some Russian girls will move to Ukraine to replace them.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
March 31st, 2023, 1:26 pm
The years ahead may be the "Golden Age" for Western men who are into Slavic women. :lol:
I don't think so, if I see these people coming over the border. Young women are rarely alone, but they bring their entire family with them.
She might be a widow with two children and also the grandparents and even the pets are coming with them. At least this is the situation in my own native country, Austria.

In Japan about 2000 women arrived, also with family, but they are clearly better off financially and better educated than those heading to Europe. It is not so easy to enter Japan.
After arrival they are asking for accommodation with air-con, internet and for computers for their children, and often can pay with their international credit-cards which are not blocked as they have off-shore banking accounts outside of Russia. It seems they are doing well here, many of them have already a job and regular income and are on a 1-year visa without working restriction.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Shemp wrote:
March 31st, 2023, 10:23 pm
... Hopefully, the war will end soon, with all the Ukrainian nationalists dead so no partisan/guerrilla war, and Ukraine goes back to being a Russian puppet state and I can finally visit again without worrying about bombs, no electricity, long bus rides in and out instead of air flights, etc. Ukraine should be very cheap after war...
I don't think your dreams are realistic.
This war will continue until the Russians are gone back to Russia and it will take a while until the Russian leadership and military are getting weak and give up and are gone.

If not, expect a lot of hateful partisan movements, Ukraine is fairly a large area and Russia has not enough man-power to occupy it all and to check about every single person, every single home, partisans will also come and go over the borders, especially Poland and they will receive a lot of supplies from Western countries and from the local Ukrainian citizens.

About visiting Ukraine, you will see only a lot of destruction in wide parts of the Ukraine and it will NOT be cheap at all, as all what you need for a comfortable life will be imported from Western countries and you have to pay for it with hard currency.

This post-war situation might go on over many years...reconstruction will take 10 years or so I guess.