Alternatives to Russia (and Ukraine)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Alternatives to Russia (and Ukraine)

Post by ladislav »

With the present war going on and Russia becoming a pariah, it is not a good idea to go there. The anti-American sentiment is strong, the country is being boycotted by half the world, and taking a woman out of there will be fraught. Russia may become totally off limits. Plus, unless your future spouse has another passport, Russian citizens are not particularly welcome anywhere now.

Ukraine is being bombed, there are no flights there. I can think of only one semi-safe area for now. The Zakarpattia ( Transcarpathia)

This oblast ( province) is about the size of Lebanon. Population 1.5 million, largest cities are Uzhorod and Mukacheve

These are near Slovakia and Hungary so for now, so they are unlikely to be bombed, but there is still that risk. So, unless you are especially love-starved, maybe you should consider alternatives. If you still want to go there, you may have to go from Slovakia or Hungary.

Chernivtsi near the Romanian border has also not been attacked, btw.

The Baltics should be OK, and people have reported good " fishing" in them. Poland is also good, apparently. Hungary not so. Moldova is still possible to go to and they have many Slavs living there. Kazakhstan is right next to Russia and there is a risk of invasion to "protect" the 30% of their " white people" from the Mongol Kazakhs. Risky, but unlikely there will be a major war.

Georgia and Armenia are like Arab countries, and other Stans are Muslim, same as Iraq/Iran, no one goes there to find GF's or wives.

What does everybody think?
Last edited by ladislav on January 11th, 2023, 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Re: Alternatives to Russia ( and Ukraine)

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

ladislav wrote:
January 11th, 2023, 12:24 am
With the present war going on and Russia becoming a pariah, it is not a good idea to go there. The anti-American sentiment is strong, the country is being boycotted by half the world, and taking a woman out of there will be fraught. Russia may become a totally off limits. Plus, unless your future spouse has another passport, Russian citizens are not particularly welcome anywhere now.

Ukraine is being bombed, there are no flights there. I can think of only one semi-safe area for now. The Zakarpattia ( Transcarpathia)

This oblast ( province) is about the size of Lebanon. Population 1.5 million, largest cities are Uzhorod and Mukacheve

These are near Slovakia and Hungary so for now, so they are unlikely to be bombed, but there is still that risk. So, unless you are especially love-starved, maybe you should consider alternatives.

The Baltics should be OK, and people have reported good " fishing" in them. Poland is also good, apparently. Hungary not so. Moldova is still possible to go to and they have many Slavs living there. Kazakhstan is right next to Russia and there is a risk of invasion to "protect" the 30% of their " white people" from the Mongol Kazakhs. Risky, but unlikely there will be a major war.

Georgia and Armenia are like Arab countries, and other Stans are Muslim, same as Iraq/Iran, no one goes there to find GF's or wives.

What does everybody think?
Why is the world so quick to be anti-Russian just because they attack some shitty ass country like Ukraine? But then when the U.S. attack hordes of other nations you don't see the world going up and arms turning against the West. America is one of the most destructive nations on earth and not a single country has tried to boycott it other than the obvious ones like North Korea.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Why is the world so quick to be anti-Russian just because they attack some shitty ass country like Ukraine? But then when the U.S. attack hordes of other nations you don't see the world going up and arms turning against the West. America is one of the most destructive nations on earth and not a single country has tried to boycott it other than the obvious ones like North Korea.
Not the point I am discussing here. This is for another topic. This topic is what place to go to date now if one wants to meet Slavic ladies.

Plus how is this shitty-ass?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAyWhJ6tr9E&t=386s[/youtube]
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

ladislav wrote:
January 11th, 2023, 12:53 am
Not the point I am discussing here. This is for another topic. This topic is what place to go to date now if one wants to meet Slavic ladies.

Plus how is this shitty-ass?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAyWhJ6tr9E&t=386s[/youtube]
Then what you bringing up nations turning on Russia for if it's not the point you were bringing up? You could of simply said "There is war going on here." But this is where you can go to meet Slavic women. The way you wrote all of that I responded to it with my own response.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
January 11th, 2023, 12:38 am
Why is the world so quick to be anti-Russian just because they attack some shitty ass country like Ukraine?
I can only agree with Ladislav, it's about your own safety. Don't visit both countries.

If Ukraine - with its more than 40 million people and large as France - is considered to be a shitty ass country, I can only say, Russia is nothing better, what is the difference? I also doubt if Russia will improve after Putin is gone.

Russia is not such a nice country and its government is very aggressive and untrustworthy. A military weak Russia is good for everybody, not only for Europe, but also for Far East. Russia good, Ukraine bad is not true.

Whatever, about the present situation, if you like to travel, especially as US-citizen, I can only recommend you to stay away from both, Ukraine AND Russia for your own safety.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Then what you bringing up nations turning on Russia for if it's not the point you were bringing up? You could of simply said "There is war going on here." But this is where you can go to meet Slavic women. The way you wrote all of that I responded to it with my own response.
Well, even if you go to Russia and find a lady, traveling with a Russian citizen out of there may be very problematic. And for you to stay with her there will also be problematic. And the Russians now hate Americans or any other NATO country. So, even if you are not pissed off at them, they are already prejudice against you. You can get arrested on trumped up charges and never be heard from again.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Totally agree with ladislav on the above post. Bald almost got locked up.

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Chisinau Moldova is jammed with Russian speaking Ukrainian women. However, these are married with children. The pretty young single ones all went to Western Europe and found new boyfriends there. You can still compete for them, of course,but it's similar tocompeting with local men for local women, with the main difference being an even playing field with respect to language. That is, I'm assuming neither you nor local men speak Russian/Ukrainian fluently, whereas local men have advantage with respect to language with local women.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Shemp wrote:
January 11th, 2023, 8:45 am
Chisinau Moldova is jammed with Russian speaking Ukrainian women. However, these are married with children. The pretty young single ones all went to Western Europe and found new boyfriends there. You can still compete for them, of course,but it's similar tocompeting with local men for local women, with the main difference being an even playing field with respect to language. That is, I'm assuming neither you nor local men speak Russian/Ukrainian fluently, whereas local men have advantage with respect to language with local women.
Moldova is no good. Few if anybody go there for women. It is a Latin country ala Spain or Italy. The Slavs are OK, but as you said, they are all married. Moldovan girls just go off to Italy, France, etc and they are snapped like like bloody meat by piranhas in the Amazon.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Voyager1 wrote:
January 11th, 2023, 8:13 am
Totally agree with ladislav on the above post. Bald almost got locked up.

And one Irishman was interrogated in Ukraine. They thought he was a Russian pretending to be Irish.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Honestly finding traditional white women is getting rare. Western European men sick of western european women go after eastern European women and over monger the place. And now you have Arab men and other men of color with money.

Hoping they invent women android that can be a companion.