Are there dating sites for Ukrainian refugees in other countries?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Are there dating sites for Ukrainian refugees in other countries?

Post by MatureDJ »

I can't fathom going to Ukraine for this, but with so many of these gals as refugees abroad, and with so many men missing, it would seem that there is a vibrant market for these gals to meet Western men.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are there dating sites for Ukrainian refugees in other countries?

Post by Yohan »

It does not seem to be like that. Most Ukrainian women who left Ukraine are married or widows with children, often bringing other family members with them. I don't think something really changed in that sense before or during the war...

About same with Russian women, if you check out some typical countries like Japan and Thailand you will see them with family members and children and often even with their husbands or boyfriends, who try to escape to be sent into combat.

-----

In Thailand, immigration officers were surprised how these Ukrainian and Russian refugees can pay their bills - as most money transfer is frozen, creditcards blocked - and checked it out. They found that most of them are not really poor refugees - they had already since long time ago overseas banking accounts and overseas creditcards which were not affected by sanctions at all - they really were found to be able to pay on the spot and had overseas savings accounts with enough money for several years.

----

Here in Japan are about 2000 Ukrainian refugees and the Japanese government accepts only married women and single mothers and many of them arrive with their children. About 80 percent or more consider to leave Japan again after being cleared for other countries like Canada or Australia.

They were to the surprise of immigration officers asking immediately after arrival for a nice home to rent, full furniture, with aircondition and fast internet connection and computer system - and yes, they were able to pay, no sign of poverty at all.

Might be in Europe the situation is different, I don't know, I can only comment about Japan and Thailand, only Ukrainians and Russians with money made it up to Far East and South East Asia.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

MatureDJ wrote:
December 2nd, 2023, 3:28 am
I can't fathom going to Ukraine for this, but with so many of these gals as refugees abroad, and with so many men missing, it would seem that there is a vibrant market for these gals to meet Western men.
There are Ukrainian centers or Ukrainian clubs and events these girls go to. You just have to seek them out.

They also join regular dating sites such as Plenty of Fish.

Someone else said, I think it was @ladislav there are hoards of beautiful women walking the streets of Ukrainian towns and cities. You have to go there and approach them. Invite them to a cafe.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I heard on a video that there are now 30,000 Ukrainians living in Varna, Bulgaria. Also a lot in Antalya, Turkey. So maybe they tend to migrate to the beach cities. My Ukrainian haircutter said she grew up believing that if you spend a week at the Black Sea in the summer you wouldn't get sick during the school year, and this belief was widespread, which would explain the beach's attraction.