[Brazil] Is it worth it for my internet-based skillset?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
fuzzy_corleone
Freshman Poster

[Brazil] Is it worth it for my internet-based skillset?

Post by fuzzy_corleone »

Hello,

I'm a web designer and internet marketing and I want to expand my services to the Brazilian market. I'm simply going this route because Brazil is a smaller market and there's less competition than here in the U.S. (so it would be much easier to find a potential client). However, the main roadblock I'm facing with my plan is the average wages of the various professions in Brazil. For example, are dentists and plastic surgeons in Brazil well paid like their American counterparts? I'm skeptical of this because I've always heard that a breast augmentation, for example, merely costs a couple of hundred dollars which leads me to believe that plastic surgeons aren't well paid.

My internet marketing scheme only works with highend clients. For instance, I have a dentist in NYC who pays me $500/month for what I do (I actually should charge him more but he was my first client). Is there aren't any professions/industries in Brazil willing to invest that kind of money on marketing then it would be a waste of time for me.

Am I wasting my time pursuing a smaller, less competitive market?