Can East Indian looking men get women in Colombia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Can East Indian looking men get women in Colombia?

Post by yick »

I am British - do East Indian men 'slay it' with white British girls and the answer is 'no', of course, the top ten percent of men of this background might get nice looking white British women but the reality is white British women aren't an easy catch for very little reward - tall, handsome Poles and Ukrainians would have a hard time getting one unless they were truly versed in the culture and were up on the lingo (full fluency) and pop culture. Also, men of an East Indian background are going through a PR thumping in this country with all the 'grooming' scandals that have been going on which have involved Pakistani Muslim men but also tars Hindus, Sikhs, Arabs and anyone who looks anything like them - what would be a big thing is his favour is being American - if he can open his mouth and say something funny, girls might think 'ah, an American' but the reality is white British women like white British men in the main and the more you deviate from that - the less your chances but of course, come over and try - a lot of the younger women like tattoos and vaping so if you like that too - you're in luck!

NB: Also, the UK is going through a refugee crisis with men coming from all over west Asia and the Middle East and with it the negative PR - there's now Kurdish barber shops with dozens of staff in every village and town in the UK and unfair or not - if you look like one of those types - your chances of women are going to be very low and of course I have never seen swarms of local women around these establishments despite the men working there being in shape, young and decent looking.

I think Colombia is a good idea but Medellin isn't the place to go to... try a smaller city nearby like Manizales.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

publicduende wrote:
August 20th, 2023, 8:16 am

Move to the UK buddy. They have been living with Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Sri Lankan people more than 2 centuries. British girls have zero complaints about men who look like you
Not true.
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mobo »

@MarcosZeitola
@publicduende
publicduende wrote: Move to the UK buddy.
Wishful thinking, real life data confirm it's not true..
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Mobo wrote:
August 21st, 2023, 10:34 am
@MarcosZeitola
@publicduende
publicduende wrote: Move to the UK buddy.
Wishful thinking, real life data confirm it's not true..
Well, I lived 12 years in the UK, not only London, also Birmingham and Cambridge. I have never seen a society more welcoming towards an East Asian looking young men than Britain.

There are some caveats, though...
  • you still have to have chiseled features (many British-born Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Sri-lankans know their spiel and hit the gym)
  • you have to NOT smell like native food (not so difficult, most British-born Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Sri-lankans avoid eating spicy food every day)
  • you have to blend in the cultural status quo: exploits of "nativeness" won't be well-received by the typical white British girl.
A typical British-born indian who is seen as unequivocally handsome? Look no further than Kunal Nayyar, the actor who plays Raj in The Big Bang Theory.

No surprise he bagged Neha Kapur, a model, former Miss India and MIss Universe contestant.

Come to think of it, the whole character of Raj in TBBT is predicated upon a very decent looking man who tries his best to act nerdy and stereotypical Indian. His real self is quite far from those stereotypes, even if those stereotypes made him into one of the most recognisable faces on TV.
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mobo »

@publicduende

You should not use the term "East Asian", OP makes it clear that he is Indian and looks Indian.
I don't know during what "era" you lived in the UK, but in the age of social media, the world has truly changed.
Your advice was applicable maybe in the early 2000s, at that time mobile phone was more of a fancy gadget.

You can't really compare data which is a series of observations, vs observations from one or two person,
But even worse, data is valid but sometime the premise is flawed..
As the saying goes, the eyes are useless when the mind is blind.

But then one must also take the time factor into account, which you did not mention.

"Big Bang theory" is as synonymous to Media Science Fiction.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Mobo wrote:
August 21st, 2023, 11:43 am
@publicduende

You should not use the term "East Asian", OP makes it clear that he is Indian and looks Indian.
I don't know during what "era" you lived in the UK, but in the age of social media, the world has truly changed.
Your advice was applicable maybe in the early 2000s, at that time mobile phone was more of a fancy gadget.

You can't really compare data which is a series of observations, vs observations from one or two person,
But even worse, data is valid but sometime the premise is flawed..
As the saying goes, the eyes are useless when the mind is blind.

But then one must also take the time factor into account, which you did not mention.

"Big Bang theory" is as synonymous to Media Science Fiction.
I was in the UK between 1998 and 2006, with a 3-year gap back in Italy. I was doing a Masters and then worked in London in IT, so I can't really say I saw the sample I observed was "small". I personally know dozens of men of Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Sri-lankan descents who have been doing just fine with the girls.

I am sorry, but I am starting to think all of this self-flagellating because one has a brown skin is self-defeatist.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

yick wrote:
August 21st, 2023, 9:42 am
I am British - do East Indian men 'slay it' with white British girls and the answer is 'no', of course, the top ten percent of men of this background might get nice looking white British women but the reality is white British women aren't an easy catch for very little reward - tall, handsome Poles and Ukrainians would have a hard time getting one unless they were truly versed in the culture and were up on the lingo (full fluency) and pop culture.
You're basically repeating what I said. To get a British girl, cultural alignment is much more important than ethnical ancestry and skin tone. I have experimented this on my own skin, as it took me a good couple of years to "blend in" in the typical Brit-only group. I started to come across as funnier, more interesting and ultimately more successful with local dates when
  • I dropped my heavy Italian accent
  • my listening skills got to a point where I could catch even the quickest, more occasional exchanges, especially those spiced up with irony and/or sarcastic remarks, and give back my own witty and/or ironic bits
  • I started to understand most cultural references, via TV, news or magazines, which allowed me to understand and use those cultural references in a conversation
yick wrote:
Also, men of an East Indian background are going through a PR thumping in this country with all the 'grooming' scandals that have been going on which have involved Pakistani Muslim men but also tars Hindus, Sikhs, Arabs and anyone who looks anything like them - what would be a big thing is his favour is being American - if he can open his mouth and say something funny, girls might think 'ah, an American' but the reality is white British women like white British men in the main and the more you deviate from that - the less your chances but of course, come over and try - a lot of the younger women like tattoos and vaping so if you like that too - you're in luck!
That is surely true, but it's also true that every young (and not-so-young) Brit can tell the difference between members of those closely-knit East Indian communities, often unemployed or resting on the welfare system, and well-educated, well-groomed, well-spoken young men of Indian descent who work the same blue collar or management jobs as them.

Brits have been dealing with these communities for way too long to be naive about it. You should give your people a bit more credit, to this respect.
yick wrote:
NB: Also, the UK is going through a refugee crisis with men coming from all over west Asia and the Middle East and with it the negative PR - there's now Kurdish barber shops with dozens of staff in every village and town in the UK and unfair or not - if you look like one of those types - your chances of women are going to be very low and of course I have never seen swarms of local women around these establishments despite the men working there being in shape, young and decent looking.
Again, as in paragraph 1, the fear is clearly about the "just in" stranger who can't have had enough time to blend in, rather than the Kurdish, or Albanian tout court. It's the lack of those socio-cultural references that keeps those girls away.
yick wrote:
I think Colombia is a good idea but Medellin isn't the place to go to... try a smaller city nearby like Manizales.
Colombia is one of the most racially divided countries I know. Going to smaller cities might be counterproductive, as those rural Latinos might have seen very few Indians or Pakistanis and have a head full of negative stereotypes.
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mobo »

@publicduende
trident765 wrote: 1. my East Indian appearance is going to be a problem.
2. I look 100% east Indian
3. if I am Indian

4. Assume that I am Indian
5. American women absolutely despise East Indian looking men
6. I know looking Indian is unattractive

7. "Excludes East Indian" row
8. If you look Indian in the USA, you are going to have to go through at least 20 times as many rejections as a white guy.
9. What kind of American girl would date a guy based on nothing other than the fact that he looks Indian? None.
10. looking Indian is not an immediate dealbreaker.

11. I am not actually Indian
12. big of a problem is looking Indian in Colombia?
13. looking Indian a dealbreaker for Colombian women

14. Latina women as excluding East Indian men
15. Latina women in Colombia as hateful towards East Indian looking men
OP needs therapy, this type of compulsive self-hate is very unhealthy.
According to OP's narrative, he is a US citizen.
OP is of Indian descent, he is in the US, but he feels Indian.

trident765 wrote: I am not actually Indian
I am kind of sick of this Indian identity
I would be submitting to this Indian Identity
Submitting ?? The self-hate can no longer be hidden.

trident765 wrote: I know looking Indian is unattractive, but it shouldn't be THAT unattractive!
am not obese
OP confirms that he is unattractive.
I highly doubt that a US citizen of Indian descent have this train of thoughts,
and who does not live in India.

trident765 wrote: When I tried Tinder in the USA.
OP is an Indian national in the US..
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mobo »

@trident765
I am sure @yick or @publicduende would give everything, to be in your position, your age.

@publicduende
There are white folks who hate being white, blacks who hate being black, asians who hate being asian
I believe, negative people will find something to hate, in that case OP has resentment build-up towards himself.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

publicduende wrote:
August 21st, 2023, 12:31 pm
yick wrote:
I am British - do East Indian men 'slay it' with white British girls and the answer is 'no', of course, the top ten percent of men of this background might get nice looking white British women but the reality is white British women aren't an easy catch for very little reward - tall, handsome Poles and Ukrainians would have a hard time getting one unless they were truly versed in the culture and were up on the lingo (full fluency) and pop culture.
You're basically repeating what I said. To get a British girl, cultural alignment is much more important than ethnical ancestry and skin tone. I have experimented this on my own skin, as it took me a good couple of years to "blend in" in the typical Brit-only group. I started to come across as funnier, more interesting and ultimately more successful with local dates when
  • I dropped my heavy Italian accent
  • my listening skills got to a point where I could catch even the quickest, more occasional exchanges, especially those spiced up with irony and/or sarcastic remarks, and give back my own witty and/or ironic bits
  • I started to understand most cultural references, via TV, news or magazines, which allowed me to understand and use those cultural references in a conversation
yick wrote:
Also, men of an East Indian background are going through a PR thumping in this country with all the 'grooming' scandals that have been going on which have involved Pakistani Muslim men but also tars Hindus, Sikhs, Arabs and anyone who looks anything like them - what would be a big thing is his favour is being American - if he can open his mouth and say something funny, girls might think 'ah, an American' but the reality is white British women like white British men in the main and the more you deviate from that - the less your chances but of course, come over and try - a lot of the younger women like tattoos and vaping so if you like that too - you're in luck!
That is surely true, but it's also true that every young (and not-so-young) Brit can tell the difference between members of those closely-knit East Indian communities, often unemployed or resting on the welfare system, and well-educated, well-groomed, well-spoken young men of Indian descent who work the same blue collar or management jobs as them.

Brits have been dealing with these communities for way too long to be naive about it. You should give your people a bit more credit, to this respect.
yick wrote:
Again, as in paragraph 1, the fear is clearly about the "just in" stranger who can't have had enough time to blend in, rather than the Kurdish, or Albanian tout court. It's the lack of those socio-cultural references that keeps those girls away.
yick wrote:
Colombia is one of the most racially divided countries I know. Going to smaller cities might be counterproductive, as those rural Latinos might have seen very few Indians or Pakistanis and have a head full of negative stereotypes.
First of all, you mentioned these points AFTER I posted - you didn't mention about them before I posted my opinions. Those are good points and I think I did say the top ten percent of people of that ethnicity might do well but still, there is a stigma of white girls dating Indian or Pakistani men for many reasons - a lot of these communities are still insular and still partake in the tradition of arranged marriages - especially from women from the old country, so even if a woman liked a particular Asian male - she thinks that she will be dumped by the man when it comes for him to have his arranged marriage.

Now, your original point is that is your an Indian man (which he isn't - he is an Iranian American) then British girls will be all over you as 'British girls' love 'East Indian men' they don't - if you are extremely good looking and have a way about you and you dress well and are charming then I am sure you could do well but you don't have to travel all the way to the UK because you will do as well in the US or Canada, I think it is really bad advice - I have never known a British woman to have a preference for an 'East Indian male' over a white British guy, I have known British women to like black guys over white guys but never known a white British woman to have a preference for an 'East Indian male' for the reasons I have mentioned - mainly, they live in insular communities and they will be used as sex - they are the communities in the UK with the lowest rates of 'marrying out'.

NB: That still exists - even if they don't - and that's the unconscious bias of British Indian males 'stinking of curry' even if their hygiene is on point - people will still accuse them of 'smelling funny' you probably weren't around in the seventies but I was and the British-Asian community were subject to some of the most foul and violent racism ever experienced by any community that came to live in the UK - it is a lot better now but it still exists.
Last edited by yick on August 21st, 2023, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Mobo wrote:
August 21st, 2023, 1:38 pm
@trident765
I am sure @yick or @publicduende would give everything, to be in your position, your age.
No I don't, what makes you think that?
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mobo »

yick wrote:
August 21st, 2023, 2:13 pm
Mobo wrote:
@trident765
Yes, you do. The hardest thing for a man is regrets, in the sense that you can't go back in time.

You don't need a to be a genius to figure that out, OP has some shitty habits.
He mentions being indian more than 15 times, the dude has obsessive-compulsive disorder,
sort of whining and complaining.

I really wanted to get to the crux of this issue.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Mobo wrote:
August 21st, 2023, 2:53 pm
yick wrote:
August 21st, 2023, 2:13 pm
Mobo wrote:
@trident765
Yes, you do. The hardest thing for a man is regrets, in the sense that you can't go back in time.

You don't need a to be a genius to figure that out, OP has some shitty habits.
He mentions being indian more than 15 times, the dude has obsessive-compulsive disorder,
sort of whining and complaining.

I really wanted to get to the crux of this issue.
Not really, I have a great life today and I have no desire to go back to my twenties and I have no major regrets, it went the way it did and I am in a good place now.
Mobo
Freshman Poster

Post by Mobo »

yick wrote: I have no desire to go back to my twenties and I have no major regrets
People do not speak in the negatives, you just stated the opposite.
I never mentioned "twenties," you did.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

yick wrote:
August 21st, 2023, 2:10 pm
First of all, you mentioned these points AFTER I posted - you didn't mention about them before I posted my opinions.
That's true, sorry. I made a bit of a temporal mish-mash :)
yick wrote:
August 21st, 2023, 2:10 pm
Those are good points and I think I did say the top ten percent of people of that ethnicity might do well but still, there is a stigma of white girls dating Indian or Pakistani men for many reasons - a lot of these communities are still insular and still partake in the tradition of arranged marriages - especially from women from the old country, so even if a woman liked a particular Asian male - she thinks that she will be dumped by the man when it comes for him to have his arranged marriage.

Now, your original point is that is your an Indian man (which he isn't - he is an Iranian American) then British girls will be all over you as 'British girls' love 'East Indian men' they don't - if you are extremely good looking and have a way about you and you dress well and are charming then I am sure you could do well but you don't have to travel all the way to the UK because you will do as well in the US or Canada, I think it is really bad advice - I have never known a British woman to have a preference for an 'East Indian male' over a white British guy, I have known British women to like black guys over white guys but never known a white British woman to have a preference for an 'East Indian male' for the reasons I have mentioned - mainly, they live in insular communities and they will be used as sex - they are the communities in the UK with the lowest rates of 'marrying out'.

NB: That still exists - even if they don't - and that's the unconscious bias of British Indian males 'stinking of curry' even if their hygiene is on point - people will still accuse them of 'smelling funny' you probably weren't around in the seventies but I was and the British-Asian community were subject to some of the most foul and violent racism ever experienced by any community that came to live in the UK - it is a lot better now but it still exists.
I think you arte stereotyping British-born Indians (Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, etc.). Many of them hail from middle or upper middle class families who are absolutely open-minded about their sons and daughters living the British life, dating and f***ing whoever they want. Many of them might still prefer them to finally settle with a woman or man from the same culture and religion, but this is not set in stone. I personally know a lot of Indian and Pakistani (and I think one Bangladeshi) born Brits who are engaged or married with white British women. One of my family friend's daughter met a Pakistani born Brit while studying Engineering in London and got married a few years later.

Then again, if you're good looking, you're good looking under any skin tone. An Indian perceivedas ugly is probably in the same ball park as an ugly Caucasian, so I don't think the argument applies there. All I wanted to say is that, in the UK, being of East Asian ancestry is not a basis for discrimination per se.

Again, the stereotype about East Asian men only using British women for sex, as they will prefer their own kind as marriage material, is a bad stereotype. It might be true in some isolated communities, like small towns in the north, but it's definitely not there in the melting pots, like Birmingham (packed with Asians of all sorts) and London itself.

The matter of fact is, men who look East Asian but are second or third-generation British are mostly the products of British education, British pop culture, etc. There might be a few exception, but hey, I have been running the treadmill next to East Asians sweating like pigs and they definitely don't smell of curry :)

If trying the UK is bad advice, is shipping them to Colombia better advice? :)