Dominican Republic - A Good Place to Raise a Family?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Dominican Republic - A Good Place to Raise a Family?

Post by Jester »

Satanist slave Miley Cyrus just had her act banned, in advance, in the Dominican Republic.

So outside of Moslem countries, we now seem to have Christians with guts wielding power in the DR, as in Russia.

http://on.aol.ca/video/miley-cyrus-conc ... -518382607

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 24th, 2020, 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: DR a Good Place to Raise Family?

Post by Rock »

Jester wrote:Satanist slave Miley Cyrus just had her act banned, in advance, in the Dominican Republic.

So outside of Moslem countries, we now seem to have Christians with guts wielding power in the DR, as in Russia.

I dunno. My gut tells me there's a lot of evil there. During my visits to Santo Domingo, several locals I knew had close friends or neighbors experience extreme violence - stabbings, beatings to the state of coma, and murder. The catalyst is usually robbery or a jealous bf/husband.

The threat of assault is in your face there, even sometimes during the day in areas that don't look so bad at first glance. And I've been told that if you set-up a household there in a way a typical middle class American is used to living, you may become a target. Those who know your situation (workmen, visitors, or even security personnel if you ever hire them) may spread the word and you get set-up one way or another. And it seems to apply even to the high-end areas. And it's not just the capital. There seems to be many dangerous parts all over the country.

In contrast, I think in Philippines, it's quite safe staying in an urban condo or houses in certain gated districts. Robbery motivated violence in DR seems to be a lot more proactive, aggressive, and widespread than in Philippines even though the former is significantly higher on a GDP per capita basis than the latter.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Puerto Rico is more dangerous than Dominican Republic so I don't understand all of this.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rock wrote:
And I've been told that if you set-up a household there in a way a typical middle class American is used to living, you may become a target. Those who know your situation (workmen, visitors, or even security personnel if you ever hire them) may spread the word and you get set-up one way or another. And it seems to apply even to the high-end areas. And it's not just the capital. There seems to be many dangerous parts all over the country.

In contrast, I think in Philippines, it's quite safe staying in an urban condo or houses in certain gated districts. Robbery motivated violence in DR seems to be a lot more proactive, aggressive, and widespread than in Philippines even though the former is significantly higher on a GDP per capita basis than the latter.
Good info.

I usually set up a nice household, I usually hire people, and I definitely want a family.

Sneak thieves and teen vandals are bad enough. Don't need intelligent gangs of tipped-off home invaders.

No thanks.

Looks like DR is gonna be best for the perpetual travelers / perpetual bachelors.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Puerto Rico is more dangerous than Dominican Republic so I don't understand all of this.
I've never been to Puerto Rico nor researched it. But DR (at least Santo Domingo and to an extent Santiago) is one of those places where it seems you need to keep your guard up. Like one afternoon (daytime), I was walking through Colon area approaching shoreline with a couple of local friends and one of the residents of a house we passed suddenly opened her window and warned my friends that we should take a detour cus there were some guys lurking down the road in search of mugging marks. In the same area and again during the day, I was eating pizza in an outdoor restaurant and watched as a shirtless black teenager just outside the seating areas was tossing pebbles near a table with customers trying to distract them long enough so he could step in and grab the cellphone they had on the table. The guard on duty was on the other side or in the back somewhere chilling while this was going down lol. And this is a safe and peaceful historic section mind you.

The mini busses on regular routes through the city get ambushed a lot or so I'm warned. Getting in public carros or taxis off the street at night as a foreigner is quite risky. You always need to call Apollo or the like and have them send you over a car (which is not cheap). The better neighborhoods (with possible exception of Colon) are fragmented and surrounded by less safe areas. The published murder, assault, and domestic violence rates are very high. Foreigners and whiter skinned people attract touts along the shoreline and in tourist areas and they can be quite aggressive. Boca Chica is a nightmare for this but anywhere along the coast you are likely to get harassed sometimes. And Jeygonza has had awful things happen to some of her friends or people she knows including murder.

I'm used to Asia and the type of crime more typical here which tends to be less proactive and less confrontational (as long as you avoid the traps, most of which are of a passive aggressive nature). Maybe DR has some safe and peaceful pockets. But in any case, it's certainly not high on my list of places to raise a family (unless perhaps I was married to a Domincana).
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rock wrote:
Maybe DR has some safe and peaceful pockets. But in any case, it's certainly not high on my list of places to raise a family (unless perhaps I was married to a Domincana).
How would that change things for the better?
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Rock wrote:
Jester wrote:Satanist slave Miley Cyrus just had her act banned, in advance, in the Dominican Republic.

I dunno. My gut tells me there's a lot of evil there. During my visits to Santo Domingo, several locals I knew had close friends or neighbors experience extreme violence - stabbings, beatings to the state of coma, and murder. The catalyst is usually robbery or a jealous bf/husband.

The threat of assault is in your face there, even sometimes during the day in areas that don't look so bad at first glance. And I've been told that if you set-up a household there in a way a typical middle class American is used to living, you may become a target. Those who know your situation (workmen, visitors, or even security personnel if you ever hire them) may spread the word and you get set-up one way or another. And it seems to apply even to the high-end areas. And it's not just the capital. There seems to be many dangerous parts all over the country.

Unfortunately this is pretty much the same in most of Latin America, except maybe Chile, Costa Rica and Uruguay. I lived in Peru and it is similar to what you describe as well. I love Latin America, but crime is a big problem there.

Oh yeah and I find it strange that the DR bans Miley Cyrus when they have music like this:

:D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOWMByXN33w
[/youtube]
Anatol
Junior Poster

Post by Anatol »

Hello,

All of South America, Central America and the surrounding islands are full of filth. There are no 'family values' there anymore. The ONLY places left where filth is not prevalent are where there are no women's rights {(naturally)}. Even Iran is decadent {(because men and women are mixing there)}.

[~} Nations still devoid of filth ~

Iraq {{too strict with Sharia. Sharia is extreme but better than feminism. ANYTHING is better than feminism!!!!)}
Afghanistan {(same as Iraq)}
Parts of Pakistan {(same as previous two)}
Most of Africa {(though culturally very backwards in other ways)}

[~} Once again, the problem is that Russia, China and India didn't take the correct steps. These idiots have condemned us normal men to a mess. If just 1 had reacted normally, it would probably have drawn the others into a coalition. Even if the 2 others hadn't come into the coalition, Russia, China and India are each so big and developed enough that one can live in them and feel a world away from the rest of the world.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:
And I've been told that if you set-up a household there in a way a typical middle class American is used to living, you may become a target. Those who know your situation (workmen, visitors, or even security personnel if you ever hire them) may spread the word and you get set-up one way or another. And it seems to apply even to the high-end areas. And it's not just the capital. There seems to be many dangerous parts all over the country.

Good info.

I usually set up a nice household, I usually hire people, and I definitely want a family.

Sneak thieves and teen vandals are bad enough. Don't need intelligent gangs of tipped-off home invaders.

No thanks.

Looks like DR is gonna be best for the perpetual travelers / perpetual bachelors.

Another Caribbean $hithole is not going to rise above itself. Even a country as dumpy as the Philippines is safe by comparison. The murder rate in the DR is almost 300% that of the Philippines.
And even at the, the Philippines murder rate is skewed because it includes those killed in hot zones
involving the MILF or NPA.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:
Maybe DR has some safe and peaceful pockets. But in any case, it's certainly not high on my list of places to raise a family (unless perhaps I was married to a Domincana).
If you marry local from a given country, she may be able to help you lower your gringo risk since she understands the subtleties of the environment and may have connections and/or good insights on how to avoid risk and live safely (perhaps the safe enclaves in the country, etc.).

Staying in your wife's country may be a good idea because her support network is there (family, friends, church, job, etc.) so being with you is a less radical change for her. Taking her to the States has a lot of risks - her whole life suddenly stripped away, isolation, culture shock, and an intense depend on you, especially in the beginning.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Rock wrote:
Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:
If you marry local from a given country, she may be able to help you lower your gringo risk since she understands the subtleties of the environment and may have connections and/or good insights on how to avoid risk and live safely (perhaps the safe enclaves in the country, etc.).

Staying in your wife's country may be a good idea because her support network is there (family, friends, church, job, etc.) so being with you is a less radical change for her. Taking her to the States has a lot of risks - her whole life suddenly stripped away, isolation, culture shock, and an intense depend on you, especially in the beginning.
Rock-

More men should pay attention to this. Men on a "bride raid" usually fail to understand the
problems they may be tying into. Keeping your new wife's connections to her support network
will really help keep her the person you were attracted to in the first place.
That simple fact has been huge in my relationship with my wife.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

chibolo wrote:
Unfortunately this is pretty much the same in most of Latin America, except maybe Chile, Costa Rica and Uruguay. I lived in Peru and it is similar to what you describe as well. I love Latin America, but crime is a big problem there.
FWIW, there are no home invasions or kidnappings here in Baja California, at least south of Tijuana.

chibolo wrote: Oh yeah and I find it strange that the DR bans Miley Cyrus when they have music like this:

:D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOWMByXN33w
[/youtube]
Well you are just having fun here in Chibolo. There is nothing unattractive or Satanic in the video you posted. Just girls doing what comes natural when forced into sexual competition with other girls. I enjoy watching women "shakin it", as do most men. I do NOT enjoy watching a woman channel a demon.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

OutWest wrote:......the Philippines murder rate is skewed because it includes those killed in hot zones
involving the MILF or NPA.
The WHO?

:lol:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

OFF topic

Post by Jester »

OutWest wrote:
Rock wrote:

Rock-

More men should pay attention to this. Men on a "bride raid" usually fail to understand the
problems they may be tying into. Keeping your new wife's connections to her support network
will really help keep her the person you were attracted to in the first place.
That simple fact has been huge in my relationship with my wife.
Arrrghhhh you are both way off topic.

Rock doesnt even have a bride, and OutWest last I heard was back in the USA, after a very successful "bride raid".

And NO, my future little-brown-chiquita is NOT going to defend the hacienda, or do anything regarding ne'er-do-wells that my grizzled, wizened self can't do.

Jeez.

The thread is about where to raise a family SAFELY, not where you can keep a bride happily making Sunday dinner at the in-laws.