Latin Americans: The Happiest People on Earth

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Latin Americans: The Happiest People on Earth

Post by Rocky Top »

Latin Americans rank as happiest people on planet
A poll released Wednesday of nearly 150,000 people around the world says seven of the world's 10 countries with the most upbeat attitudes are in Latin America.

Many of the seven do poorly in traditional measures of well-being, like Guatemala, a country torn by decades of civil war followed by waves of gang-driven criminality that give it one of the highest homicide rates in the world. Guatemala sits just above Iraq on the United Nations' Human Development Index, a composite of life expectancy, education and per capita income. But it ranks seventh in positive emotions.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Great article! :D
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Great comment:
Cryin Time • 6 hrs ago
Most of these poor countries in warm climates do NOT have 24/7 News, talk radio or TV talking heads. That alone would make you tons happier.
18 Replies
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Latin Americans: The Happiest People on Earth

Post by jamesbond »

Vanessa Hudgens makes me very happy! :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."