Costa Rica report

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Costa Rica report

Post by fschmidt »

I mostly post on SaidIt these days, so I will just post a link.

https://saidit.net/s/ConservativeExodus ... ca_report/

I will respond to comments here.
HappyGuy

Re: Costa Rica report

Post by HappyGuy »

fschmidt wrote:Even though regulations in Costa Rica are mild by international standards, the spineless morons there follow these regulations to the letter. And when they see me ignoring the regulations, they are horrified. Cameras are everywhere and people live in fear of the cameras. Even in a third world grocery store in some small town, they limit people in the store, make everyone wear masks, and require rubbing chemical sludge on one's hands before entering.

There are a few useful things I learned. One is that the further one gets from population centers, the freer things are. I visited an Orthodox church that was miles down a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. There there was freedom and even though most people still had masks on, I could enter a store without a mask.

Of course the biggest thing I learned is that the quality of the people is much more important than the actual regulations.
@fschmidt South Americans are even more whipped by their wives and mothers than Americans and less educated so you should have expected the hysteria. :o
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

HappyGuy wrote:
February 2nd, 2021, 11:09 pm
fschmidt wrote:Even though regulations in Costa Rica are mild by international standards, the spineless morons there follow these regulations to the letter. And when they see me ignoring the regulations, they are horrified. Cameras are everywhere and people live in fear of the cameras. Even in a third world grocery store in some small town, they limit people in the store, make everyone wear masks, and require rubbing chemical sludge on one's hands before entering.

There are a few useful things I learned. One is that the further one gets from population centers, the freer things are. I visited an Orthodox church that was miles down a dirt road in the middle of nowhere. There there was freedom and even though most people still had masks on, I could enter a store without a mask.

Of course the biggest thing I learned is that the quality of the people is much more important than the actual regulations.
@fschmidt South Americans are even more whipped by their wives and mothers than Americans and less educated so you should have expected the hysteria. :o
Costa Rica isn't South America you thick twat! :roll:
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

fschmidt wrote:
January 31st, 2021, 7:05 pm
I mostly post on SaidIt these days, so I will just post a link.

https://saidit.net/s/ConservativeExodus ... ca_report/

I will respond to comments here.
You're the biggest moron here. What makes you think you aren't a moron?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

yick wrote:
February 3rd, 2021, 6:40 pm
HappyGuy wrote:
South Americans are even more whipped by their wives and mothers than Americans and less educated so you should have expected the hysteria. :o
Well, Costa Rica.... however some people don't even know where is Japan or Australia....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/trav ... anada.html
The countries we can't find: 20 major countries that people find hardest to locate, with Indonesia proving the toughest and over HALF unable to find CANADA.

THE TOP 20 COUNTRIES PEOPLE STRUGGLE TO FIND ON A MAP
1. Indonesia - 83 per cent failed to place it
2. Vietnam - 81 per cent
3. Bangladesh - 78 per cent
4. Ukraine - 73 per cent
5. Peru - 69 per cent
6. Uzbekistan – 68 per cent
7. Japan – 62 per cent
8. Saudi Arabia – 61 per cent
9: Morocco – 57 per cent
10. Canada – 53 per cent
11. Angola - 52 per cent
12. Madagascar - 50 per cent
13. Myanmar - 49 per cent
14. Australia - 46 per cent
15. Poland - 43 per cent
16. Nepal - 42 per cent
17. Algeria - 37 per cent
18. France - 33 per cent
19. Ghana - 31 per cent
20. Germany - 29 per cent
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Yohan wrote:
February 3rd, 2021, 8:53 pm
yick wrote:
HappyGuy wrote:
South Americans are even more whipped by their wives and mothers than Americans and less educated so you should have expected the hysteria. :o
Well, Costa Rica.... however some people don't even know where is Japan or Australia....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/trav ... anada.html
The countries we can't find: 20 major countries that people find hardest to locate, with Indonesia proving the toughest and over HALF unable to find CANADA.

THE TOP 20 COUNTRIES PEOPLE STRUGGLE TO FIND ON A MAP
1. Indonesia - 83 per cent failed to place it
2. Vietnam - 81 per cent
3. Bangladesh - 78 per cent
4. Ukraine - 73 per cent
5. Peru - 69 per cent
6. Uzbekistan – 68 per cent
7. Japan – 62 per cent
8. Saudi Arabia – 61 per cent
9: Morocco – 57 per cent
10. Canada – 53 per cent
11. Angola - 52 per cent
12. Madagascar - 50 per cent
13. Myanmar - 49 per cent
14. Australia - 46 per cent
15. Poland - 43 per cent
16. Nepal - 42 per cent
17. Algeria - 37 per cent
18. France - 33 per cent
19. Ghana - 31 per cent
20. Germany - 29 per cent
Not surprised at all, Yohan.

Thing is though, 'HappyGuy' doesn't post anything about expating or being 'happier abroad' just aramgeddon posts that are boring. I bet he couldn't find his arsehole with both hands. :lol:
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Last edited by Yohan on February 3rd, 2021, 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yohan wrote:
February 3rd, 2021, 9:18 pm

But to be fair, a lot of non-retarded people don't think in terms of maps, although those that don't are likely to be retards. Maybe it would be like saying "Can you name this musical key" and declaring anyone who can't to be a retard. I would generally fail that test.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
February 3rd, 2021, 9:28 pm
But to be fair, a lot of non-retarded people don't think in terms of maps, although those that don't are likely to be retards. Maybe it would be like saying "Can you name this musical key" and declaring anyone who can't to be a retard. I would generally fail that test.
There is clearly a big educational deficit going on with many people, it is just basic knowledge to know the location of your own country and of some other major countries on a map, like Russia, Australia or China which are in the daily news all the time.

However of course I cannot expect a person to go into details - for example to expect people from USA to name every small country in Europe, and I do not expect people from Europe to name every state of the USA correctly either.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

yick wrote:
Costa Rica isn't South America
I was talking to fschmidt, but read it again. :o

In the future learn how to crop your quote replies! It's bad enough we have to deal with your childishness.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Costa Rica is in Central America, not in South America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_America
Central America
It is bordered by Mexico to the north, Colombia to the southeast, the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west and south. Central America consists of seven countries: El Salvador, Costa Rica, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

HappyGuy wrote:
February 4th, 2021, 7:30 pm
yick wrote:
Costa Rica isn't South America
I was talking to fschmidt, but read it again. :o

In the future learn how to crop your quote replies! It's bad enough we have to deal with your childishness.
Costa Rica isn't South America and Costa Ricans aren't South Americans - you have learned something new, no need to thank me (nor Yohan...).

You should be more grateful to us instead of spewing your ignorance all over these forums.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

yick wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 6:10 am
Costa Rica isn't South America and Costa Ricans aren't South Americans
Read it again smart guy

@Yohan Costa Rica is part of Latin America and closer to South America than to the USA. Or to Mexico. I commented to @fschmidt he should have expected to encounter some of what he did seeing how South America is and how close Costa Rica is geographically and culturally to South America.
Last edited by HappyGuy on February 9th, 2021, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

HappyGuy wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 3:34 pm
yick wrote:
February 9th, 2021, 6:10 am
Costa Rica isn't South America and Costa Ricans aren't South Americans
Read it again smart guy
Fschmidt was wittering on about Costa Rica and Costa Ricans and then you (for some reason...) started wittering on about South Americans...

Go back to sleep!