Who's hiding something?

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Who's hiding something?

Post by The_Adventurer »

I was reading an article, submitted to emediawire via PRWeb, by a woman who is supporting laws which make it difficult or financially impossible for agencies which matchmake between American men and foreign women to operate. In it this woman wrote:

"The American male population is now overly exposed to the message that it is acceptable to desire and actually marry women "unspoiled" by American materialism and most troubling, "uninfected" by American feminism. This message may impede the progress of feminism here at home and give American men the idea that it is acceptable to not respect feminist principles that took so long to instill upon them."

Breaking it down, I find it interesting that we must conclude that, in her view, it is unacceptable for American men to desire and marry foreign women, and that American materialism is a good thing to be sought after.

I also find it interesting how she mentions that feminist principals were instilled upon American men over a long time.

Sounds like training...
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

that's an amazing find terrance. What is that prw website? They actually said "materialism."

My god how can materialism be considered good? That has to be a troll?
Jack
Freshman Poster

Post by Jack »

Rants like that aren't as rare as you might think. In my experience virtually all western women are against men dating foreign women. I'm going to organize my thoughts, and write something about it later.

You notice how she's being very vague?
impede the progress of feminism ......give American men the idea that it is acceptable to not respect feminist principles
Feminine principles? What is that even supposed to mean? That women are princesses and men are dogs? And if you want a woman you had better be rich and charming and completely subservient, and play whatever stupid game she wants?

The reason they use buzz words/phrases like that, is because if she said what she actually meant it would sound pretty selfish and unfair.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

She sounds like your typical feminist, anti-male, anti-choice for males wanting to date foreign women, doesn't believe in a free market system for dating. You gotta love these American women! They keep selling their bull crap to men and nobody wants to buy it!
I_PatriaTexefor_efl
Freshman Poster

Re: Who's hiding something?

Post by I_PatriaTexefor_efl »

Terrence wrote:I was reading an article, submitted to emediawire via PRWeb, by a woman who is supporting laws which make it difficult or financially impossible for agencies which matchmake between American men and foreign women to operate. In it this woman wrote:

"The American male population is now overly exposed to the message that it is acceptable to desire and actually marry women "unspoiled" by American materialism and most troubling, "uninfected" by American feminism. This message may impede the progress of feminism here at home and give American men the idea that it is acceptable to not respect feminist principles that took so long to instill upon them."

Breaking it down, I find it interesting that we must conclude that, in her view, it is unacceptable for American men to desire and marry foreign women, and that American materialism is a good thing to be sought after.

I also find it interesting how she mentions that feminist principals were instilled upon American men over a long time.

Sounds like training...
Terrence:

EXCELLENT and OUTSTANDING++++ work for your true gem of a find!! You are a worthy warrior, my friend!!

Sounds like the woman might have been talking about(and no doubt supporting)........IMBRA!! This stands for the International Marriage Brokers Registration Act. This law went into effect in 2005. In a nutshell, this new law makes it a lot harder for U.S. men to bring in Foreign wives to the U.S.A.

Keep up the good work and I advise you to do more research on the various ways feminists are attempting to keep U.S. men from making contact with Foreign women.

I_PatriaTexefor_efl
OJ Simpson got away with murder, but he couldn't outrun KARMA.................
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Who's hiding something?

Post by momopi »

Terrence wrote:I was reading an article, submitted to emediawire via PRWeb, by a woman who is supporting laws which make it difficult or financially impossible for agencies which matchmake between American men and foreign women to operate. In it this woman wrote:
A few years ago you could drive around Taiwan and see giant billboards advertising foreign bride services, usually Vietnamese brides. On late night TV they had match making shows with many Vietnamese women with their specs and the agency's # to call. It felt a bit like selling merchandise and degrading to the women.

The local feminists and women's groups put a stop to these ads and pushed for new laws restricting foreign brides with language tests. Most of these Vietnamese brides are from poor villages, and to expect them to pass Chinese language exam is near impossible.

But to sum it up... women don't like competition. The same could be said for men, but to a lesser degree. Men are actually far more open socially, it's easier for men to befriend each other and become buddies in a group environment, versus women are more picky. Men accept new-comers to their group far easier than women, who often see new arrivals as threats.

The foreign bride or concubine issue is a conflict of interest between women from lower socio-economic status attempting to "marry up" versus women who are already up there trying to protect their turf. It's like our unions trying to protect their jobs from cheap foreign labor. I just flew back from Beijing and recall the starting salary for a department store worker in Tianjin was 7 RMB / hr. At current exchange rate that's slightly less than $1 USD /hr. If you made $50k/year in the US, someone in another country making $50/week will think you're rich.

You can see this in Hong Kong-China & Singapore-Malaysia. It's not uncommon for wealthy Hong Kong men to keep mistress in China, and wealthy Singapore men to keep mistress in Malaysia. I've dated a few Singapore women and their family ran businesses in Johor (Malaysia) for lower labor costs. Each morning the husband drives across the bridge to Malaysia and their wife sits next to them in the car, to make sure their husband doesn't get any ideas about keeping a pretty young Malay-Chinese mistress over the border.