Expatriation Apocalypse - My New Guide

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Re: Expatriation Apocalypse - My New Guide

Post by Johnny1975 »

Ghost wrote:It's not that a man sleeping with many women is a bad thing; the problem is sleeping with normal women and deflowering other mens' future wives. That's why we need p4p. It gives ALL men sexual access while keeping normal girls marriageable.
This is a good articulation of what's been on my mind for some time. I like the idea of having a main girl plus a few on the side, but I don't want to ruin anyone. But also I don't want hookers (well, maybe here and there). It's a dilemma.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Someone gave Ghost's book a one star review to try to diss it. Please go to his Amazon book page and vote "not helpful" on that one star review to help bring it down to the bottom.

Hey Ghost, in your signature, why don't you link to the paperback version of your book on Amazon instead of on Createspace? The Amazon page for your paperback looks more credible.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I've voted it as unhelpful.

Ghost, this is the review :

"This is a book of over 150 pages of the author whining and moaning about feminists, liberals, fat girls, western government, and his own life in general [personal, facetious, irrelevant].
There are great useful tips like "Book your airplane ticket in advance to save money." or "Somewhere in the world you can find an apartment for $150 a month". Also amazing insights about how NOT to lean a language (He doesn't give any useful info about how to) even though the author admits he only knows English [you speak chinese, and I'm sure you mentioned it in the book] and tried to learn Spanish a long time ago.
This may work as a "self-help" book... maybe... but do not let the title mislead you, this is not a "guide" to anything, let alone doing anything overseas. Save yourself the $2.99 and spend 2 minutes googling - you'll come out ahead."

I hope you know that it is possible to get reviews removed, if you can point out that it is unfair, irrelevant or untrue. I've highlighted the bits that you can mention to amazon. You could even tell them that the review is clearly based on the reader disagreeing with your opinions, rather than on how well it was written. This review has little substance, it needs to go.
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster

Post by Eightfold Path »

Similar to what I'm planning, but it's more of a productive/proactive network of individuals who embrace positivity and adventure. I won't be charging though. The proof will be in the pudding, and a reputation of me being about what I put out there is payment enough. Still, I'll have to give this book a look-over.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Post by BlackKnight »

Johnny1975 wrote:I've voted it as unhelpful.

Ghost, this is the review :

"This is a book of over 150 pages of the author whining and moaning about feminists, liberals, fat girls, western government, and his own life in general [personal, facetious, irrelevant].
There are great useful tips like "Book your airplane ticket in advance to save money." or "Somewhere in the world you can find an apartment for $150 a month". Also amazing insights about how NOT to lean a language (He doesn't give any useful info about how to) even though the author admits he only knows English [you speak chinese, and I'm sure you mentioned it in the book] and tried to learn Spanish a long time ago.
This may work as a "self-help" book... maybe... but do not let the title mislead you, this is not a "guide" to anything, let alone doing anything overseas. Save yourself the $2.99 and spend 2 minutes googling - you'll come out ahead."
Lol, that's a great review. Just some loser whining and moaning :lol:
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster

Post by Eightfold Path »

My copy is already purchased. I'll admit, I let negativity keep me from checking some things out for myself at times. Perhaps I should flip that around like Ghost does. Take the negative review and make something positive from it. ("This person says it's mostly complaining. Perhaps they are in a negative thought-loop reality where they look for reasons to stay where they are.")
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

To everyone here:

Ghost needs your help on something. Here is the direct link to that stupid one star review of Ghost's book:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R37JRUI18N ... gital-text

Under the review, there is a link that says "report abuse". Please click that and tell Amazon that the review was pure ad hominem attack without substance. If enough people click on the "report abuse" button, it may get removed. So please do that you guys. It will only take a few seconds of your time. Also vote it as "not helpful" by clicking on the thumbs down button too, to bring it down in case it doesn't get removed. And vote "helpful" for the positive reviews to help bring them up. Thanks.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ghost,
I just reviewed your book on Amazon. Here is what I wrote. It has been submitted and is being processed.
Important guide for the life-changing move abroad to liberation and happiness!

This is an excellent guide by Marckus McCloud about moving abroad for the average guy who doesn't have a lot of spare money. The writing is very personable, down-to-earth and flows like a conversation you are having with your best friend or mentor. Very smooth and natural. Expatriation Apocalypse is a great companion to my ebook [[ASIN:B003ZUY51W Happier Abroad: Why You Will Have A Better Love and Life Beyond America (International Dating, Foreign Women, Expat Living, Travel)]] It is easy to read and contains many good tips and advice for the newbie about how to make the transition to another country. It will help ease the fears of those dreaming of moving abroad who are stalling or procrastinating out of fear, by providing good common sense talk to them.

This book is very important and significant, because moving abroad is one of the biggest life changing SECRETS that America and it's psychologists and self-help movements NEVER tell you about, because very often, a change of location will change your life. This is because some cultures like America and Japan, are very toxic and fake and socially disconnected, making those who are soulful, authentic and down-to-earth (like me and the author of this book) misfits and suffer as a result. America is definitely lacking in social connection, social harmony and authenticity, as well as feminine women who are down-to-earth and treat men good. Personally, having been to 14 countries myself, I've found that people in most foreign countries are more authentic and down-to-earth than in America, and so are far easier to get along with and connect with and make friends with. And the women in most foreign countries are far more feminine, down-to-earth and attractive too, so they are far easier to connect with, befriend, meet and date. Not toxic and spoiled like in America. When you go abroad, you realize that the social disconnection in America was not natural or normal after all. And once you get off the plane overseas, you notice how modest, humble and down-to-earth everyone seems in comparison to the arrogant, toxic, egotistical, know-it-all attitude of most Americans.

All of this has made a HUGE difference in my life, more than any religion ever has. So by going abroad, I was reborn and finally felt free and liberated. It was the greatest discovery I ever made, and the biggest life-changing and transformative secret I ever discovered. My mental health and self-esteem increased greatly overseas as well, so the benefits of going abroad are multiple. By going abroad to healthier, saner, friendlier, and more authentic countries, there are great benefits in at least 6 categories I've found: 1) dating and relationships; 2) social life, social connection and friendships; 3) mental health and psychological well being; 4) physical health, healthier food and weight loss benefits; 5) lower cost of living and affordable health care benefits; 6) more freedom abroad to be yourself and everyday freedoms in other areas. Etc.

As you can see, these are all major categories of life that matter and if improved will greatly change one's life for the better. So with all that in mind, this friendly easy-to-read book by McCloud is an invaluable guide toward this important and exciting overseas journey that I advocate. Also, to learn more, I recommend anyone reading this to visit my website, blog, podcasts and forum at HappierAbroad.com.

Sincerely,
Winston Wu
Author of [[ASIN:B003ZUY51W Happier Abroad: Why You Will Have A Better Love and Life Beyond America (International Dating, Foreign Women, Expat Living, Travel)]]

PS - Below this review are images of my dating and social adventures in Russia that illustrate and demonstrate all that I'm talking about here. They prove that a guy can be much happier abroad around friendlier, sweeter, more down-to-earth and approachable girls. Enjoy. :)
I'll work on adding your ebook to the ebooks page on HA:
http://www.happierabroad.com/ebooks.php

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok my review for Ghost's book is posted now. Please vote it as helpful everyone.

Ghost,
I'm adding your book to my HA ebook page now. I noticed a few things to bring to your attention though:

1. Why is the title image for the ebook and paper different? You should use the same one to make them consistent.

2. Authors should not put their name in big letters like that on the cover page, to be the same size as the book title. Their name is usually smaller, about the same size as the subtitle. Look at other books and you will see that. I'd suggest making it smaller and bring more attention to the title instead, which is what you want to sell. Unless you're really famous, no one really cares about your name on the cover. So dont enlarge it. Lol

3. In your title and subtitle, you use the same word "Expatriation" twice. That's considered bad form. This is how you have it:

"Expatriation Apocalypse! The Guide to Expatriation for the Broke and Hopeless"

Usually authors don't use the same word twice like that. It looks sloppy and unprofessional in bad form. How about this title instead?

"Expatriation Apocalypse! The Guide to Moving Abroad for the Broke and Hopeless"

Or

"Expatriation Apocalypse! The Guide to Escaping America for the Broke and Hopeless"

That way you will have more keywords in your title, such as "moving abroad".

4. Why is your ebook only 2 dollars still? Why not raise the price to make it look more valuable? At least 10 dollars.

5. Do you have a PDF version of your book that we can sell directly online through PayPal? You can create a PayPal button. Its easy. Then you can receive money directly.

6. I fixed the links in your forum signature to compact them for you.

7. What is your novel "Boxes" about? Why not have a subtitle and cover image for it to make it more appealing? I've bought a copy anyway on Kindle to see what it's about.

8. Did you know you can sell your book through Barnes and Noble website and Smashwords website too? It's free and easy to set up. That way, you will have more formats for it, including a Nook version for B&N users.

Thanks.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.