Should Winston Make Me a Moderator?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should Winston Make Me A Moderator?

Poll ended at October 19th, 2022, 2:45 am

Yes. You seem like an okay dude. You're online often and get involved. You would make a good Moderator.
57%
No. You are a bit of a wally who doesn't deserve the position.
33%
Undecided/Impartial. I don't give a damn either way, it's up to Winston.
10%

Total votes: 21
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should Winston Make Me A Moderator?

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
October 19th, 2022, 9:14 am
Lets pose the question: who believes the forum could benefit from a new active moderator? One way or another I say we need one.
It would be good if Winston could just be less lazy. Not much chance of that though.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Lucas88 wrote:
October 19th, 2022, 8:13 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
October 18th, 2022, 11:41 am
I wasn't the only one who thought you were a troll, Galii. You are always trying to antagonise Lucas88 and myself and we generally don't reply to you. And do you make genuine replies to threads or mostly derail and shitpost? If I got the job, don't worry, I won't ban you :lol:

On a serious note, there seems to be quite a few newly registered members who are attempting to post but who cannot get their posts approved and therefore remain invisible. This is in my opinion the biggest reason why we need an active moderator. Pixel--Dude is active on the forum almost every day. The current neglect of newly registered members is a big shame. It prevents this community from growing as much as it could.
I hadn’t thought about that. Personally my vote was impartial. But it sounds like we do need a new, more active moderator.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Outcast9428 wrote:
October 19th, 2022, 11:49 am
Lucas88 wrote:
October 19th, 2022, 8:13 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
October 18th, 2022, 11:41 am
I wasn't the only one who thought you were a troll, Galii. You are always trying to antagonise Lucas88 and myself and we generally don't reply to you. And do you make genuine replies to threads or mostly derail and shitpost? If I got the job, don't worry, I won't ban you :lol:

On a serious note, there seems to be quite a few newly registered members who are attempting to post but who cannot get their posts approved and therefore remain invisible. This is in my opinion the biggest reason why we need an active moderator. Pixel--Dude is active on the forum almost every day. The current neglect of newly registered members is a big shame. It prevents this community from growing as much as it could.
I hadn’t thought about that. Personally my vote was impartial. But it sounds like we do need a new, more active moderator.
Thanks @Outcast9428 👍 that splits the poll 50/50 so far.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Pixel--Dude even if you receive a majority vote or even a 100% vote you are not going to be appointed a moderator on this forum.
Last edited by Voyager1 on October 20th, 2022, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Voyager1 wrote:
October 19th, 2022, 4:50 pm
Pixel--Dude even if you receive a majority vote or even a 100% vote you are not going to be appointed a moderator on this forum. Do you understand this?

You couldn't be elected dogcatcher.

Stop wasting this forums' time.
Yes I understand I probably won't become a moderator anyway. But at least Winston will know that someone here is willing to put themselves forward and help out the forum. If there is a majority vote he will also know that most of the people here support it as well. So maybe it won't be a waste of time after all. The appeal for Tsar didn't end up a waste of time, did it? :wink:
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
October 19th, 2022, 9:09 pm
The appeal for Tsar didn't end up a waste of time, did it? :wink:
My view on that is Tsar got what he deserved - a 30 day ban. Because if you look that the time that he was banned to the time he was unbanned it was almost exactly 30 days and you will remember one of the options in my poll was a 30 day ban.

The trouble with Tsar is that he's been banned many times before, makes his apologies, comes back only to repeat the same things again. He can't help himself.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Voyager1 wrote:
October 20th, 2022, 6:37 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
October 19th, 2022, 9:09 pm
The appeal for Tsar didn't end up a waste of time, did it? :wink:
My view on that is Tsar got what he deserved - a 30 day ban. Because if you look that the time that he was banned to the time he was unbanned it was almost exactly 30 days and you will remember one of the options in my poll was a 30 day ban.

The trouble with Tsar is that he's been banned many times before, makes his apologies, comes back only to repeat the same things again. He can't help himself.
That's not the issue because that's a distortion of the real facts. I get provoked into certain discussions when it should be taken somewhere else because Winston has banned the discussion of those topics on his forum. I think certain people intentionally try to get me banned.

People can now discuss things with me outside the forum. I won't be replying to certain topics on the forum. People can contact me over private message or outside the forum.

I do my best to respect the rules and anyone knows that I have always been provoked if they pay attention to the history of the past forum conflicts and all my bans.

This time is different because since my return, I won't be posting about certain topics on Winston's forum and I also won't respond to anyone creating any provocations on the forum.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I would say that you MZ would make an effective moderator. Firstly you've been here a long time - since 2014. You're frequently here and if there is a quarrel or conflict I don't think I've ever seen you mudsling or insult anyone. So I cast my vote to @Winston that @MarcosZeitola be elected a forum moderator. I think that makes a lot more sense.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Eh, Yohan clearly entered Biden territory a few years ago.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
October 20th, 2022, 8:09 am
Voyager1 wrote:
October 20th, 2022, 7:55 am
I would say that you MZ would make an effective moderator. Firstly you've been here a long time - since 2014. You're frequently here and if there is a quarrel or conflict I don't think I've ever seen you mudsling or insult anyone. So I cast my vote to @Winston that @MarcosZeitola be elected a forum moderator. I think that makes a lot more sense.
Thanks for the recommendation dude but I'll pass. I have a tendency to disappear for long stretches of time, so it'd be kinda pointless. It wouldn't solve the problem. For instance people are displeased with Winston's lack of activity but if you look at how many posts he has in total, it's clear that he's been much more active over a longer stretch of time (fifteen years).

I'd probably go for Pixeldude. He's active. I think among the old-timers, @gsjackson and @Yohan are both a bit older, both level-headed, calm and fairly active. They'd make good moderators too and would no doubt be fair about things. If what you aim for his strictly seniority in combination with "the right temperament" they'd be my go-to guys.
Thanks. I think @Voyager1 doesn't think I'm dependable because I had a go at him in Tsar's Appeal. I accused him of being a bully and called him names. It's fair enough if he doesn't want me to be a moderator. Like I said, I won't take anything personally in this thread. This is something I want to do for the good of the forum.

If someone else would like to put themselves forward I can always update the polls and I made the poll so people can change their vote as well. We do need an active moderator. I've noticed in the Who Is Online section of the forum there are three guys online often. Click Who Is Online and you can see these newcomers writing responses but their posts will obviously be invisible to everyone else.

Galentuck is one. Another is someone called ggao(something or other)870 and KeganKen I clicked the guy's profile that ends in 870 and he joined the forum in August.

Maybe they haven't been approved because they are trolls, but I think it's much more likely that nobody has gotten around to approving them as members.

I might have had a go at you @Voyager1, but everyone loses their cool every now and again, even our leader Winston has lost his temper with people in the forum. It is a human thing. We are emotional creatures and not machines. And besides, bullying is something I just cannot abide at all and I perceived you as a bit of a bully when it came to Tsar. We saw the private message you sent him and the mocking threads and comments you made. You assert that you believe he has a mental illness and then continue to provoke him. That's why I had a go at you, although I probably could've been more tactful with my words.

But this thread isn't about Tsar, or personal grudges or anything like that. It's about the need for an active moderator. Anyone who gives a damn about the forum must surely agree. If people think I haven't been here long enough feel free to suggest someone. If anyone wants to put themselves forward they are more than welcome and I can put their name in the poll! I've got the poll so people can change their votes if someone else enters "the race" or if people change their minds etc.

I've put myself forward because I'm here a lot anyway and I really like this forum and the people here with their diversity of opinions and the free speech Winston gives us here.

Anyone else want to enter the poll? Just let me know and I'll update it. Winston might not even need a moderator or want one, but at least the offer is there and will still stand so long as I'm a member here.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Ok let Pixel--Dude mod on a trial basis but he's got to be watched over carefully. One screw up and he's gone. I think it's up to Winston if he feels this forum requires another moderator.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Also do mods have the ability to edit posts? I wouldn't like that. I know that Winston sometimes edits the subject line of a thread - a point I made to him that I strongly disagree with. He shouldn't do that. He could PM the poster and suggest he change the subject line but he shouldn't do that himself because it's not what the original poster intended to say.

So any new mod here has got to be kept under strict controls.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

@Voyager1 I would suggest to @Winston that I simply approve the posts of new users and things like that to begin with. I believe in free speech so I would not be editing anyone's posts or anything like that. Nor would I ban people because I dislike them or disagree with something they said.

Thanks for changing your vote and being willing to give me a chance to prove myself should Winston be willing to accept me as a moderator. If not then it's all gravy anyway lol :lol:
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

MarcosZeitola wrote:

I'd probably go for Pixeldude. He's active. I think among the old-timers, @gsjackson and @Yohan are both a bit older, both level-headed, calm and fairly active. They'd make good moderators too and would no doubt be fair about things. If what you aim for his strictly seniority in combination with "the right temperament" they'd be my go-to guys.
Thanks, but while I check in pretty regularly, I don't quite have the time or the inclination to actively moderate. I'm all for Pixeldude. He seems open-minded, level-headed, and interested in doing it -- the latter of which should be high on the list of qualifications.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

gsjackson wrote:
October 20th, 2022, 3:14 pm
MarcosZeitola wrote:

Thanks, but while I check in pretty regularly, I don't quite have the time or the inclination to actively moderate. I'm all for Pixeldude. He seems open-minded, level-headed, and interested in doing it -- the latter of which should be high on the list of qualifications.
Thanks @gsjackson I appreciate it. Hopefully Winston will consider me as a moderator and we will all have someone who is here often to approve posts from newbies and help our community grow.