Join John Adams Mon and Wed nights 7:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar!

Share This Page

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       Elegance Theme       Dark Theme

Noah's Ark

Discuss nature, animals, wildlife and ecological issues. Share your nature photography and videos. Talk about hiking, camping and exploring national parks.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Noah's Ark

Post by MrMan »

I could see how it could go either way in the Biblical text. Ha 'erets.... 'the land' or 'the earth' can refer to a specific land. In some places it refers to the land of Israel.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
February 26th, 2024, 12:48 pm
What do you think @fschmidt? Do you believe this story actually happened?
I don't take anything in Genesis literally. But the story of Noah is my favorite fantasy.

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

According to ChristianPure the dimensions of the Ark were 140M long, 23M wide and 14M high (I have converted cubits to meters since most of the forum is probably on metric). To put this in perspective the Titanic was 269.1M long. The Ark would have been about half the length of the Titanic. Three levels according to Gen 6:16.

Would that be enough room for the beasts and fowls of the air God specified in Gen. 7:1-3? How would these animals lived cramped in an Ark for approximately 1 year. Some beasts would have had to remain standing. What about exercise? Who cleaned up their dung? What about feeding them?

What about the beasts who were unable to breed after getting out of the ark? Did they just go extinct? Many of these Bible stories are metaphorical and not to be taken literally. However, we can learn from them.

The way it actually happened may be much different that what actually happened.