Join John Adams Mon and Wed nights 7:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar!

Share This Page

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       Elegance Theme       Prosilver Theme

How Much Does A Man's Sexual Market Value Increase In The Philippines

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

How Much Does A Man's Sexual Market Value Increase In The Philippines

Post by jamesbond »

This is a good video by The Filipina Pea explaining to men how much their sexual market value goes up in the Philippines.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How Much Does A Man's Sexual Market Value Increase In The Philippines

Post by yick »

I know this is an unpopular take but a man can determine a lot of his own sexual market value by washing, wearing nice clean clothes, washing and combing hair, getting in shape, learning how to be charming and interesting etc - a lot of this is actually in your own hands - even if you don't think so.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

yick wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 5:40 pm
I know this is an unpopular take but a man can determine a lot of his own sexual market value by washing, wearing nice clean clothes, washing and combing hair, getting in shape, learning how to be charming and interesting etc - a lot of this is actually in your own hands - even if you don't think so.
Most Western women have their bar set much, much higher than a well-groomed man who wear nice clothes and has learned to feign self-confidence. The problem is the latter: it's hard to be self-confident about having a woman fall in love with you, if it never happened before. You have no data points to base your judgment on.

In the Philippines, at least, you can get a few girls, some even young and decent looking, show genuine interest in you, Mr. Average. Perhaps she won't be the 19-yo fair-skinned, model-looking type, but she is one, two, four, eight data points and enough to get you going. Surely enough to get you to stop wondering "what's wrong with you".
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

publicduende wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 8:08 pm
yick wrote:
Most Western women have their bar set much, much higher than a well-groomed man who wear nice clothes and has learned to feign self-confidence. The problem is the latter: it's hard to be self-confident about having a woman fall in love with you, if it never happened before. You have no data points to base your judgment on.

In the Philippines, at least, you can get a few girls, some even young and decent looking, show genuine interest in you, Mr. Average. Perhaps she won't be the 19-yo fair-skinned, model-looking type, but she is one, two, four, eight data points and enough to get you going. Surely enough to get you to stop wondering "what's wrong with you".
Yeah but some men, maybe a lot of men don't even attempt basic grooming - some men, like your buddy @Ghost were like 'well, why should I?' Well, quite, why should you as you watch the girls go by with other men who have made the effort - the problem is with western society is the young men as well as the young women are entitled and shallow and they expect things their efforts are not entitled to - in life all over the world - women pick men so the self obsessed, entitled women have more of a say who they go with than the self obsessed, entitled men.

What's the solution in the Philippines, if you're a fat, balding slob with crap dress sense and you smell, you won't be able to get a better woman than if you get yourself into shape, dress well and smell nice? I suppose in the Philippines money is the main factor for westerners but it must go someway even over there.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

yick wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 8:31 pm
publicduende wrote:
yick wrote:

Yeah but some men, maybe a lot of men don't even attempt basic grooming - some men, like your buddy @Ghost were like 'well, why should I?' Well, quite, why should you as you watch the girls go by with other men who have made the effort - the problem is with western society is the young men as well as the young women are entitled and shallow and they expect things their efforts are not entitled to - in life all over the world - women pick men so the self obsessed, entitled women have more of a say who they go with than the self obsessed, entitled men.

What's the solution in the Philippines, if you're a fat, balding slob with crap dress sense and you smell, you won't be able to get a better woman than if you get yourself into shape, dress well and smell nice? I suppose in the Philippines money is the main factor for westerners but it must go someway even over there.
I'm not 100% about the Philippines, but my impression from time in South Korea, a bit of China, a bit of Singapore, Malaysia, and a lot of time in Indonesia is that middle to upper class Asians expect a man to dress neatly and professionally, depending on his job. If he works in an office, he should dress neatly. That may mean a button-down shirt. A sportscoat and slacks or a suit could help.

Americans tend to dress sloppier. Some people can work in an office in a t-shirt and cargo shorts and sandals, and program a computer or something like that.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

MrMan wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 8:36 pm
yick wrote:
publicduende wrote:
yick wrote:

I'm not 100% about the Philippines, but my impression from time in South Korea, a bit of China, a bit of Singapore, Malaysia, and a lot of time in Indonesia is that middle to upper class Asians expect a man to dress neatly and professionally, depending on his job. If he works in an office, he should dress neatly. That may mean a button-down shirt. A sportscoat and slacks or a suit could help.

Americans tend to dress sloppier. Some people can work in an office in a t-shirt and cargo shorts and sandals, and program a computer or something like that.
Well, quite. I think Americans have a very unique sense of style even compared to Brits - I know a lot of Americans - family and friends and they all have that kind of very casual sense of style, even the really beautiful girls at university who came from the University of Iowa wore those baggy hoodies and big shorts - if they dressed liked Russian girls do they would have knocked everyones socks off.

In China, the men who dress up and make an effort get women and the men who don't don't - but even then, there are some scruffy, don't trys here who get women but if you can make yourself up to the best of your abilities here in China as a Chinese man then you'll get yourself a girlfriend here - they're called 'Sunshine Boys', in South Korea as you know - dressing up and being smart is a must - I never saw anyone who could be termed 'scruffy' even the old guys who were retired looked smart, clean, shaved faces and hair in place.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

We were witness to two men on here who were good examples of what we are talking about

@Ghost hopeless, miserable reprobate - couldn't be arsed trying and why should he? Didn't get anywhere and is back in America.

@MattHanson1990 who was similar to @Ghost at the beginning but decided he wasn't getting anywhere and took some really good advice off @Tapatio89 about how to groom himself to get local women and then he decided to lose what excess weight he had and then he got himself girlfriends and as far as I know - he is still 'happier abroad'.

You can't change everything about yourself, but the things you can will take you a long way. You don't just have to sit in your bedroom with a games console in one hand and your dick in another whilst whinging to reddit why your world is crap whilst sat in your own shit stinking of it about your life as an incel.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

jamesbond wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 7:38 am
This is a good video by The Filipina Pea explaining to men how much their sexual market value goes up in the Philippines.

I wonder if this girl started reading manosphere stuff, listening to MGTOW blogs, and came up with her one Pinay version of 'happier abroad' philosophy to get hits. Also, I wonder if a white western male writes were scripts and they do it together. She is just kind of cute enough to get male interest in watching her speak, but the topic probably resonates well.

"Passport Bro" has become the go-to term online, not 'Happier Abroad'.

What I don't get, if she is thinking in terms of the common good of the Philippines, is why present videos skewed toward getting older divorced men to the Philippines. Why not make videos that appeal to younger men into wife number 1? If a lot of Pinays will seriously consider old white dudes with decent jobs, I'm pretty sure a lot more of them would be interested in younger white dudes with decent jobs. But the older white dudes may be a more desperate market segment and more eager to watch.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

yick wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 9:03 pm
MrMan wrote:
November 18th, 2023, 8:36 pm
yick wrote:
publicduende wrote:
yick wrote:

Well, quite. I think Americans have a very unique sense of style even compared to Brits - I know a lot of Americans - family and friends and they all have that kind of very casual sense of style, even the really beautiful girls at university who came from the University of Iowa wore those baggy hoodies and big shorts - if they dressed liked Russian girls do they would have knocked everyones socks off.

In China, the men who dress up and make an effort get women and the men who don't don't - but even then, there are some scruffy, don't trys here who get women but if you can make yourself up to the best of your abilities here in China as a Chinese man then you'll get yourself a girlfriend here - they're called 'Sunshine Boys', in South Korea as you know - dressing up and being smart is a must - I never saw anyone who could be termed 'scruffy' even the old guys who were retired looked smart, clean, shaved faces and hair in place.
Some men look macho if they are scruffy and enhances that macho look for some women.

I had a dengue fever once. Since it involves a drop in platelet levels, I remembered the story of that prince and Rasputin and didn't shave. So I looked like a scruffy. When I went home, one of our female friends who had said she liked Mediterranean-looking men came over to visit. When she saw me, I could see this look of shock on her face that I could perceive meant she thought I looked really good. I think that look pushed some buttons for her. But she was a nice girl, so it wasn't an issue. My wife didn't seem to care for the beard, and I shaved it. Probably a good thing. :)

Some girls go for that scruffy look, and some guys pull it off well, which is why there are some constantly half-shaven men on TV shows and movies. But I suspect it doesn't work well for most men, and maybe not most women. It may appeal more to white women who are used to men having scruffy faces than Asian women who might see some goatee scruff rather than full beard scruff on the local men.

Dressing up works on a lot of American women, too, though men rarely do it. I saw a young man wearing plaid pajama bottoms at the gym a few days ago in the US. Sweat pants, t-shirts, jeans, t-shirts, sandals, baggy shirts. That's what young people wear here. A sharp dresser may stand out.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Men will complain about women being fat whales, the lack of attractive women, etc.

Women want attractive men, too. If a man is not good-looking and complains good-looking women don't him... the women who aren't good-looking may find men pay them little attention. If you see an unattractive massive woman with a thin normal looking man, that stands out and can skew your perception, while there are lots of unattractive women walking around without anyone.

Is it fair to complain about women not wanting to date you if you are unattractive if you don't want to date them if they are unattractive? If you are fat, should you complain that the women around are too fat to be attractive?

Look at the married people. A lot of them are fat and not that attractive as they age. If you are serious about it, find a woman with good morals and a good personality and wife her up, a woman who has 'pretty eyes' and turn the light off or buy some lingerie to cover up the unattractive parts. :)