Problem with PM's disappearing

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
SteveUKR
Freshman Poster

Problem with PM's disappearing

Post by SteveUKR »

Last edited by SteveUKR on April 23rd, 2020, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Does Winston read our Private Messages (PM's) and delete the ones he doesn't like?

Post by Winston »

Not true Steve. Why you spreading lies? This has been asked before in other threads. I have no way to see your PM's, nor can I see your password. If you don't believe me, ask the support staff and developers at phpbb.com in their support forums if a forum admin can read your PM's or see your password using their platform software.

Nor would I want to read everyone's PM's even if I could. I don't have the time. You are paranoid. Even if you are gossiping about me or talking shit about me behind my back, I would not care.

When you sent a PM to Andrew, did you see a message saying it was submitted? If so, it should be in your Outbox until he reads it. Then it's in your Sent box. Or he could have deleted it.

@andrewfitzpatrick did you receive any PM's from SteveUKR? Can you check?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
SteveUKR
Freshman Poster

Re: Does Winston read our Private Messages (PM's) and delete the ones he doesn't like?

Post by SteveUKR »

When I clicked submit it said The message has been sent successfully.

And Outbox looked

Outbox (1)

If the user received the message then deleted it, would it also be deleted from my Sent box?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

SteveUKR wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 1:18 pm
When I clicked submit it said The message has been sent successfully.

And Outbox looked

Outbox (1)

If the user received the message then deleted it, would it also be deleted from my Sent box?
Not sure. I never had that happen before. So is it in your Outbox or not? Did you check your Sent box? Did you create new folders that you might have accidentally moved it into? Or did you change the name of the default folders?

Doesn't your Outbox say there's one message in it? It's not the one you sent to Andrew?

Try sending him a test message and see what happens. Just write "this is a test message, did you receive my previous one?". Then see if it's in your Outbox.

Have you sent PM's to others before? Or is this the first time?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

You should know by now you are on a communist web site, 24 hour survellience is just part of the communal dictatorship. If you don't like it I am sure he can arrange a vacation to Siberia for a attitude adjustment if you are still alive that is...
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Re: PM's

Post by Winston »

LOL. This is a libertarian forum that defends free speech, which is how Thomas Jefferson would run a forum. We all know that Moretorque. Come on. It's obvious from the way it's run here. lol

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 10:38 pm
LOL. This is a libertarian forum that defends free speech, which is how Thomas Jefferson would run a forum. We all know that Moretorque. Come on. It's obvious from the way it's run here. lol
You gave up the right to make that claim when you temporarily banned me for being racist. On the subject of the pms, my guess is that they only exit your outbox when the recipient is online to receive them and if he doesn't log on within a certain amount of time the forum discards them.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 11:41 pm
Winston wrote:
April 23rd, 2020, 10:38 pm
You gave up the right to make that claim when you temporarily banned me for being racist. On the subject of the pms, my guess is that they only exit your outbox when the recipient is online to receive them and if he doesn't log on within a certain amount of time the forum discards them.
No, the PM's are in the outbox until they are read or deleted. They will remain there for years even. I still have PM's in my outbox that have been there for years and are still unread. The recipient never came back again. Maybe the new upgraded forum has bugs? Or Steve messed up? Who knows.

Cornfed, I didn't wanna ban you. But the forum voted to ban you long ago. That's democracy for you. :P Plus it was a temporary disciplinary ban because of your bad behavior. I don't think Thomas Jefferson would have approved of your behavior either. You have a dirty mouth and need to clean it up man.

Remember also that free speech does not mean that one can run into a theater and yell "FIRE FIRE" if there is no fire. It does not mean anything goes. Everything is within reason. I'm sure Jefferson would agree. It's tedious having to lecture you baby souls on morality and wisdom and logic. You should know these things without me having to explain them to you.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Problem with PM's disappearing

Post by Winston »

Steve,
It could be that Andrew tried to block PM's from Dan Cilley and in doing so, accidentally blocked everyone, or deliberately. I'll PM him and ask him.

You should send him another test PM too.

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

IIRC, I've blocked people and their PMs were still coming through. There is the possibility however, to delete a PM without reading it, which I have done a few times in the past.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw @SteveUKR:

If you look at the documentation and manuals below for the latest phpbb forum, which we are using now, you will see that there is no way a forum admin can use the admin panel to log into your account and read your PM's or delete them.

https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... dminguide/

https://download.phpbb.com/pub/document ... tation.pdf

So rest assured, your PM's are secure.

Also, I am not a hacker and do not even know computer programming or HTML or software coding. All I know is how to copy and paste stuff, write articles and posts, and follow step by step instructions online for using CMS software and forum software platforms. So even if I wanted to hack into someone's account, I wouldn't know how. Plus it's illegal too, so the developers would not assist someone in that.

SteveUKR
Freshman Poster

Post by SteveUKR »

Winston wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 8:41 am
If you did read our Private Messages, would you tell us?

This guy PAG is a hacker so it would not surprise me if he was able to access PM's and delete them.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

SteveUKR wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 9:00 am
Winston wrote:
May 1st, 2020, 8:41 am
If you did read our Private Messages, would you tell us?

This guy PAG is a hacker so it would not surprise me if he was able to access PM's and delete them.
That's a loaded question. That's like asking you "If you were a spy for the CIA, would you tell us?" lol. That's the old "Have you stopped beating your wife" type of loaded question that assumes guilt either way by pigeoning you into a corner.

Btw, we are now on https, so should be more secure.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw @SteveUKR we are now on a secure https server now. So if anyone did hack your account, they probably cannot do it anymore. See announcement here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=42366