Too old to marry?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Too old to marry?

Post by MrMan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 11:20 pm
You know what? You guys (@Spencer, @Hypermak, @Cornfed) are right. I need to acknowledge that I have been an asswipe and apologize for being such an arrogant idiot for so long.

At the risk of getting too emotional here, I want you guys to know that I have a lot of personal problems.

I'm not working anymore because I was fired, not because I retired. I'm deep in financial debt and I am not wealthy. I hate everything about myself and you guys picked up on the fact that I was not being honest with myself or with you. I'm not happy with life right now and I have no children, no steady girlfriend, and I am too old to ever be able to find a wife. Girls all over the world only want me because they think I have money. Once the money runs out, they all go too!
See full context of the quote here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=42637&p=340717#p340717

Do you guys think a man CE's age... what early 60's maybe... is too old to get married?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Too old to marry?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Seems you missed the punch line at the bottom. Everyone now knows in that post I was luring my detractors into the blissful schadenfreude only to have them be grossly and painfully disappointed at the ironic final sentence. :lol:

By the way, I am in my early 50's, but I still would never want to be married. I am with gorgeous young women regularly (minus the lockdown period of February thru May), and everyday I thank the universe for granting me realization that marriage makes men less powerful and often miserable in the long term. Yes, even in Indonesia.

If you believe you're content being married, I think you are deluding yourself but I wish you well.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 1:08 pm
Seems you missed the punch line at the bottom. Everyone now knows in that post I was luring my detractors into the blissful schadenfreude only to have them be grossly and painfully disappointed at the ironic final sentence. :lol:

By the way, I am in my early 50's, but I still would never want to be married. I am with gorgeous young women regularly (minus the lockdown period of February thru May), and everyday I thank the universe for granting me realization that marriage makes men less powerful and often miserable in the long term. Yes, even in Indonesia.

If you believe you're content being married, I think you are deluding yourself but I wish you well.
Aside from the first part of the post I'm quoting, I think that's the nicest thing you've ever written to me, at least in the past four years.

I've been on the forum for quite a while. Based on where I was living at the time, I'd have to guess five years minimum. I was thinking you were in your 50's then.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

MrMan wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 2:17 pm
Aside from the first part of the post I'm quoting, I think that's the nicest thing you've ever written to me, at least in the past four years.

I've been on the forum for quite a while. Based on where I was living at the time, I'd have to guess five years minimum. I was thinking you were in your 50's then.
Sometimes I can be harsh with those who represent things I am against. I take back that you are demonic. You have your "moments" but you clearly are not. We just occupy different ends of the lifestyle continuum.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

If you can find comfort in solitude then that's a gift. I never get lonely... I am not against the idea of marriage but I am at the age now where it probably isn't a fit for me and my lifestyle - I like my life and nothing really needs changing, if Miss Right came into my life then great - but if she doesn't then that's fine too - I have worked out there are very few Miss Right's for me - same as everyone - where I am wise is that I won't try and mould a Miss-Not-Quite-Right into a 'Miss Right'.

Another person cannot fix whatever problems there are in your life, the wrong person can make your more lonely, more depressed. People jump from one person to another and they're never happy - Winston has had sex with probabaly thousands of women but he doesn't sound happy to me - sex and love can make you happy for a short period of time, however long you leave your fresh cream cake with oodles of fruit on the top in the fridge, it will go off sooner or later.

I think marriage and family are best being done when you are young enough to have the energy. If you want to do it then all power to you, don't let me stop you. :wink: