Does Magic Exist?

Discuss conspiracies, mysteries and paranormal phenomena.

Do you believe magic exists?

Yes.
80%
No.
20%

Total votes: 10
kukushka
Freshman Poster

Re: Does Magic Exist?

Post by kukushka »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
September 19th, 2023, 1:59 am
kukushka wrote:
September 19th, 2023, 12:18 am
furthermore, you have a profound lack of philosophical and historical literacy in spite of acting like you do. I normally refrain from criticizing you when you post stuff but since you tagged me then I feel justified in being honest with you
No, it's fine. If you have something you want to say, like a criticism of what I write then go ahead if you want to say it. You can always be honest with me. I don't mind at all. :mrgreen:

As for conflating various mythologies, I'm open and honest about a few things. Firstly, that yes I do believe that gods and goddesses from different pantheons are the same beings. The reason I believe this is because of similarities between all mythologies and common themes found throughout. It's up to you if you want to believe otherwise.

And secondly, I've always been honest enough to admit that I could be wrong about things I believe. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. It's as simple as that. :lol:
like how I just showed you were wrong with my previous response, yet youre not honest enough to admit that, instead you just gloss over it. you thought I had said that Yahweh and Enki were 100% the same when I was never making that argument. when I pointed this out by providing actual text I had previously written proving this you didnt retract your original claim and admit you were wrong, you just tried to twist things around so it would seem like you werent originally wrong.

in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=48558&p=399532#p399532
I demonstrated multiple times how you were wrong, yet you werent honest enough to admit all the points that you were wrong about. youre not honest enough to admit when youre wrong about something (both in that thread and just now with your latest response) and this is another reason why I dont bother arguing with you. its a total waste of time arguing with a dishonest person.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

kukushka wrote:
September 19th, 2023, 6:07 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:
September 19th, 2023, 1:59 am
kukushka wrote:
September 19th, 2023, 12:18 am
furthermore, you have a profound lack of philosophical and historical literacy in spite of acting like you do. I normally refrain from criticizing you when you post stuff but since you tagged me then I feel justified in being honest with you
No, it's fine. If you have something you want to say, like a criticism of what I write then go ahead if you want to say it. You can always be honest with me. I don't mind at all. :mrgreen:

As for conflating various mythologies, I'm open and honest about a few things. Firstly, that yes I do believe that gods and goddesses from different pantheons are the same beings. The reason I believe this is because of similarities between all mythologies and common themes found throughout. It's up to you if you want to believe otherwise.

And secondly, I've always been honest enough to admit that I could be wrong about things I believe. If I'm wrong I'm wrong. It's as simple as that. :lol:
like how I just showed you were wrong with my previous response, yet youre not honest enough to admit that, instead you just gloss over it. you thought I had said that Yahweh and Enki were 100% the same when I was never making that argument. when I pointed this out by providing actual text I had previously written proving this you didnt retract your original claim and admit you were wrong, you just tried to twist things around so it would seem like you werent originally wrong.

in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=48558&p=399532#p399532
I demonstrated multiple times how you were wrong, yet you werent honest enough to admit all the points that you were wrong about. youre not honest enough to admit when youre wrong about something (both in that thread and just now with your latest response) and this is another reason why I dont bother arguing with you. its a total waste of time arguing with a dishonest person.
You didn't demonstrate anything. You just came out with some comment about how I tend to be long winded and then I didn't bother responding to you afterwards.

When it comes to mythological entities and Brahman you pigheadly speak as if you're the undisputed truth on the matter when all of these topics are speculative.

You don't have to bother arguing with me, I genuinely don't give a shit whether or not you think I'm dishonest.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@Pixel--Dude

Better to ignore that fruitcake. He forgot to take his anti depressant pills this morning. :lol:
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Epsilon99
Freshman Poster

Post by Epsilon99 »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
September 19th, 2023, 10:47 am
@Pixel--Dude

Better to ignore that fruitcake. He forgot to take his anti depressant pills this morning. :lol:
@kukushka is not wrong, though. The guy he was responding to has no clue what he's talking about and nothing he says should be taken seriously.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I don't call the miracles of Jesus 'magic.' That's in another category.

But I believe that there is magic that is actually the work of spirits. But a lot of it, probably most, is just tricks.
Mr. Mistoffelees
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr. Mistoffelees »

Heeeeey y'all! =^_^=

This is a strange but interesting topic...

I wish magic did exist!! I've tried moving objects with my mind before with the hand out and everything ( ಡ艸ಡ )
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I chose 'yes.'

I believe various spirits have different kinds of power to do things, and that people can negotiate with and interact with them.

God does miracles as He wills, and has done many throughout history, and can do them in response to prayers of the saints, and believers acting in faith with the Spirit of God working through them.

There are also works of other spirits out there.

I spent many years in Indonesia, and I notice your educated Indonesian typically has a different viewpoint about the spiritual realm, spells, etc. than a typical educated American. They are more open to the idea of this sort of thing.

One thing I've heard is if a man leaves his wife for another woman, especially if she is ugly, is that he must have been 'digunain.' Berguna, can have to do with use or usefulness, but term means she did some kind of witchcraft on her. There are people get magic rocks put into their teeth to make them more attractive, to make them difficult to harm or kill, etc., or so they say. There are also con men doing this sort of thing there, too. But some of it may have real power if they negotiate with the spirit, though I suspect there is net harm overall, even if it is spiritual, for participating.

I used to have an old video of a guy who went to a church service who had demons cast out of him, and as this happened, the jimat or jempi-jempi he'd got put into his body fell out, nails, stones, or whatever amulets the dukun had put into his body through magic.

My wife was a part of this prayer group, and there was this kind of snooty rich lady who wanted them to come over and pray for her because she kept seeing spirits out of the corner of her eye in the house. Her prayer friends were very loud at praying and the woman didn't like that. Then one of them got a word of knowledge or some sort of revelation that she'd put a jimat, amulet, magic thing, under a rock in her beautiful pool of giant expensive fish. He said they should dig it up and get rid of it. She was just really upset that he would suggest such a thing, which would probably involve draining the huge pool and putting the fish somewhere else, that she didn't appreciate the situation. She and her husband had indeed buried some magic item there right at that spot where the man discerned the problem to be, but she didn't want to solve the problem.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

YES MAGIC EXISTS

And it is made possible by DEMONS FROM HELL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Geq45lsVNw
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Sure magic exist, for proof just listen to Winston's singing. I will go fetch the video now.... :D
Time to Hide!