Star Trek Continues - Fan Made Continuation of the Original Series - Nicely well done and worth seeing!

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

Star Trek Continues - Fan Made Continuation of the Original Series - Nicely well done and worth seeing!

Post by Winston »

Attention all original Star Trek fans! Good news. There's a new fan made continuation of the original Star Trek series now called "Star Trek Continues". It's pretty well done with all the original sets, props, costumes, special effects and characters of the original series, with different actors of course. Amazing. Even the soundtrack and incidental music is the same. The characters are good at acting like the original characters with the same mannerisms and personalities. They've made seven episodes so far and Star Trek fans love it so far. If you are a fan of the original Star Trek series, you will LOVE this. I've been waiting years for someone to do something like this, to come along someday and continue the original Star Trek series, which never should have been cancelled after only 3 seasons. You can watch it for free on YouTube.

Here is the episode list of all episodes so far:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... LCUHy90IpZ

Their channel to subscribe to:
https://www.youtube.com/user/StarTrekContinues/featured

Their website where you can make donations to help fund this non-profit series: (those sets must cost a lot!)
http://www.startrekcontinues.com/donate.html

Here is the first episode for you to try out.

I wonder where they got the money to recreate all the sets of the interior Enterprise like that. Must have cost a fortune!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Star Trek Continues - New Fan Made Original Series!

Post by Adama »

I couldn't make it through the first two minutes.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Star Trek Continues - New Fan Made Original Series!

Post by Winston »

Here are the next two episodes. Although these are well made, there is an obvious issue I see already in the second episode. They are already preaching gender equality and feminism and how women should not be discriminated against for their gender. The thing is, that was NEVER preached in the original Star Trek. That was not even preached at all in 1960's TV shows. Even in the 1980's, TV did not preach gender equality. It was a product of the 1990's. So it's disconcerting to see it in this Star Trek remake of the original 1960's series. Way out of line too.

The original Star Trek did preach human rights and racial equality on certain episodes, but NEVER gender equality. Kirk and Spock never supported that, yet here in this remake they do, they act like liberals from the 1990's. That's way out of character for them. I plan to write the filmmakers about this. I guess they are trying to appeal to a more modern audience. Star Trek should be about deeper philosophical issues. Not about human rights or gender equality. We have enough of that preaching from the US media. Why put it in Star Trek too?

Also, the guy playing Captain Kirk is too nice and kind to women. Kirk wasn't like that. He whipped them into shape and didn't take shit and had a more commanding and dominating presence.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Star Trek Continues - New Continuation of Original Serie

Post by Winston »

Any of you see the episodes yet? If so, what do you think? This new show isn't perfect but it's worth watching and is a valiant effort. Please help support the team and their production expenses. It's a non-profit venture.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

An email I sent to the production team of the new fan made Star Trek continuation series. If any of you want to send them some feedback too, their email is: volunteers@startrekcontinues.com
Dear Production Team of new Star Trek TOS continuation series,

I've been waiting years for someone to continue the Star Trek original series and do something like this. So I'd like to thank you big time for this. I plan to make a donation soon. But I'd also like to send some feedback and comments to the production team. I've also helped promote your new show on my website and on IMDB in the message boards area of Star Trek TOS and Star Trek TNG. Here are my comments on your show:

First, a suggestion. Why not take script ideas from amateur script writers? There are many brilliant script writers out there. You can ask them to send their scripts, and if it's good, ask the writer to pay a fee for you to product the episode. That way, the writer will have a demo reel to use in his resume and portfolio of works.

Anyway, although these are well made, there is an obvious issue I see already in the second episode. You are already preaching gender equality and feminism and how women should not be discriminated against for their gender. The thing is, that was NEVER preached in the original Star Trek. That was not even preached at all in 1960's TV shows. Even in the 1980's, TV did not preach gender equality. It was a product of the 1990's. So it's disconcerting to see it in this Star Trek remake of the original 1960's series. Way out of line too.

The original Star Trek did preach human rights and racial equality on certain episodes, but NEVER gender equality. Kirk and Spock never supported that, yet here in this remake they do, they act like liberals from the 1990's. That's way out of character for them. I plan to write the filmmakers about this. I guess they are trying to appeal to a more modern audience. Star Trek should be about deeper philosophical issues. Not about human rights or gender equality. We have enough of that preaching from the US media. Why put it in Star Trek too?

Also, the guy playing Captain Kirk is too nice and kind to women. Kirk wasn't like that. He whipped them into shape and didn't take shit and had a more commanding and dominating presence.

Did you guys know that in the 1960's, TV shows were AGAINST gender equality? Here is an example:

In 1965, there was a TV show called "Gidget" with Sally Field. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058806/) In episode 6 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0588004/?ref_=ttep_ep6), Sally Field's character Gidget, a school girl, tried to prove herself equal with boys by signing up for auto shop class at school, a trade which was and still is strictly for males. When she messes up badly and funnily in the class while trying to change oil on a car, she embarrasses herself and quits. At the end of the episode, she admitted to her parents and brother that they were right and agreed that she should stick with being a girl and not try to be equal with boys.

So that TV show discouraged feminism and gender equality, and taught that girls should be girls and boys should be boys, as a moral lesson. In the 1960's, America still knew the difference between men and women, and was wiser and more real than the America of today, which is pretty much all about bullshit and political correctness, not truth. Back then, America still had decent family values, but that all started sliding downhill in the 1970's.

If you think the 90's were more progressive and today's liberalism is better, just take a look at the stats of the 1960's compared to today. Back then divorce rates were much lower. The nuclear family was more stable. Families were closer and had more values. Neighbors talked to each other. Friends were easier to make. People were more down to earth, authentic and real. They looked more wholesome, innocent and good natured too, which you can see on any 1960's TV show. In contrast, today there is moral decay in America, a breakdown of family values, a high divorce rate, and people on TV now look soulless, cold and unfeeling, not wholesome or innocent.

So if I had to pick whether people had better values back then or now, I'd definitely choose back then.

Here is a funny clip from that episode where Sally Field's character messes up when trying to change oil on a car to prove herself equal with boys. She looks adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwJDnOORbn8

You should send my above points to the guy playing Mr. Spock. lol

Anyway, hope you consider the above. I will be making a donation soon. And I will promote your show online on major forums. Thanks for doing a good job.

Sincerely,
Winston

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

We need a series with Captain Khan Wuunien Singh.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Who the fu ck is that trying to imitate Mr. Spock, spare us please!........ :roll:
Last edited by Moretorque on October 13th, 2016, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Star Trek Continues has its own IMDB page.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2732442/

And board too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2732442/board/threads/

There's also another fan made Star Trek series called "Star Trek New Voyages Phase II".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458122/

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

There's a new fan made Star Trek movie called "Anaxar" that has raised 1 million dollars from fans. Paramount and CBS tried to stop it and filed a lawsuit, but due to public pressure, they eventually backed off. Here is the prelude film for it. It's about a 4 year war between the Federation and Klingon Empire. Fans say it's better than the shit that JJ Abrams and Paramount Pictures puts out nowadays.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I'll start watching again when they have a real crew and captain such as yourself commander Wu, along with science officer Cornfed who's favorite line will be " it's the color black quick Phazer it "
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Star Trek Continues - Fan Made Continuation of the Original Series! Well done and worth seeing!

Post by Winston »

Update:

New Episodes 8 to 11 of Star Trek Continues are now ready! Here is the playlist for you to see the new episodes, or see the first 7 if you haven't yet.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... LCUHy90IpZ

Not bad. They are pretty well done. The guy who plays Kirk got the right mannerisms, but his voice is too high, not strong and deep and forceful like Kirk is supposed to be.

I sent them a donation because I was impressed. If any of you want to donate to the non-profit team too, here's the link:

Here's the first of the new episodes, episode 8 "Still Treads the Shadow."

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Star Trek Continues - Fan Made Continuation of the Original Series! Well done and worth seeing!

Post by Winston »

Btw, the Asian dude that plays Sulu in the Star Trek Continues series just passed away it seems. See below.

Should I try to apply to be their new Sulu? lol. What you think @Moretorque? lol

Wow he had a hot blonde fiancee too. See her here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGy0RDMW7g8

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I think you would make a great captain myself...
Time to Hide!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Podcast about how good and authentic the new Star Trek Continues series is.

I don't agree that the actors in this are perfect. They are ok, not bad. They got the mannerisms down well, but Kirk and Spock's voice is too high and soft. they should be lower and deeper like the original characters voices. Kirk's character has the right mannerisms, however there are two flaws with his performance:

1) He acts too soft, not with the iron will and robust nature of kirk. He doesn't have a commanding presence and aura.
2) His voice is too soft too. It should be deeper and lower and more strong and forceful. Same with spock, his voice is way too soft and high, should be lower and deeper.

To the two in the podcast:

You guys don't get something. CBS and Paramount don't exist to satisfy fans and entertain them and produce the best quality Star Trek that they can. If that was their mission they would have done that and hired the best scriptwriters who could come up with the best stories and characters. But they don't because that's not their mission. It's basic logic. Think about it. Sorry to say but their true objective is to 1) dumb people down, 2) manipulate the people's minds to suit their political agenda, 3) get people to acclimate to the NWO agenda with the programs they produce, etc, among other things. Listen to Jordan Maxwell or Michael Tsarion or David Icke and they will explain it in detail and show you the big picture. CBS and Paramount aren't as dumb as you think. They are making shitty Star Trek on purpose. Folks like you are confused because you don't understand the agenda. You keep falsely assuming that their job is to entertain people and make the best quality shows. No way. If that was their agenda, they would have done that, but they don't. It means their agenda is NOT what you think. Same with Disney and Star Wars. They could make high quality Star Wars and please the fans IF that was their agenda, but it isn't obviously. Use basic logic please. Stop falsely assuming things.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow the two part finale of Star Trek Continues was great. Very epic and memorable. A great way to connect the original series with the movie Star Trek The Motion Picture. It explains why Spock went back to Vulcan and how the Enterprise docks back at Earth. Definitely worth seeing. Here are both parts if you wanna see it.

To Boldly Go Part 1

To Boldly Go Part 2