Erin Andrews awarded $55 million in hotel stalking case

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Erin Andrews awarded $55 million in hotel stalking case

Post by jamesbond »

A jury has awarded Erin Andrews $55 million as a result of her lawsuit against a Nashville Marriott and a man who took and posted a video of her.

Andrews was asking for $75 million in her civil suit vs. West End Hotel Partners, which operates the Marriott at Vanderbilt, and Michael David Barrett, who tampered with her hotel room's peephole to record a video of her while she was in her hotel room. Barrett then posted the video online in 2009.

The jury found Barrett 51-percent responsible and the hotel to be 49-percent responsible, meaning Barrett is on the hook for approximately $28 million in damages while the hotel is ordered to pay $26 million.

Barrett was sentenced to 2½ years in prison after he was found guilty of stalking Andrews in the events surrounding the incident. Barrett had reserved the room next to Andrews' and said he found her room through a directory within the house phone at the hotel. He explained his practices in a video played last week during the trial.

Andrews is currently a broadcaster for Fox Sports and co-hosts ABC's Dancing with the Stars.

According to an ABC News reporter, jurors, which deliberated for approximately seven hours Monday, gave Andrews hugs and asked for autographs after the verdict.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 36018.html
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Erin Andrews awarded $55 million in hotel stalking case

Post by jamesbond »

Here is a video of her reaction after being awarded the 55 million dollar settlement. :shock:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
w.p.o.
Freshman Poster

Re: Erin Andrews awarded $55 million in hotel stalking case

Post by w.p.o. »

$75 million?! Who does she think she is? Pamela Anderson? She is suing the hotel over some peeping tom. That's equivalent to suing beretta for shooting yourself in the leg (think plaxico burress). The hotel didn't tell or condone the guy's actions. Is this her way of trying to retire from her job at fox sports? Her being a woman, I knew it was inevitable she would win the lawsuit (with the exception of hulk hogan's $115 million lawsuit. insane). Everyone wants to sue someone over anything and everything. It must be a racket. Damn slip and fall lawyers. It IS in the talks of putting a halt to these outrageous lawsuit settlements. I heard Micheal Savage bring it up first. I believe Trump also considered it in one of his many talk show radio interviews. Suing tobacco companies for getting cancer when it says on the freakin pack that you could get cancer.