Why do only WHITE people popularize Eastern Spirituality/Religion/Philosophy but Asians don't?

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

Why do only WHITE people popularize Eastern Spirituality/Religion/Philosophy but Asians don't?

Post by Winston »

Another interesting difference between Asians and Whites that no one dares to point out:

Have you noticed that White westerners are a lot more interested in Eastern spirituality and philosophy than Asians are? Its a very weird irony. Think about it.

All the famous big promoters of Eastern spirituality and philosophy in the West are White people, such as the late Alan Watts, Joseph Campbell, Huston Smith, etc. And now we have Eckhart Tolle, and many other New Age authors, who are primarily white. Sometimes you have east Indian gurus and authors like Deepak Chopra too of course. Or black enthusiasts like Oprah Winfrey. And of course the Tibetan exiled leader, the Dalai Lama, promoting Buddhist teachings.

But you NEVER see Chinese people promoting Eastern spirituality or philosophy in the West. Not even Chinese Americans who speak perfect English do that. Same with Taiwanese and Cantonese Americans too. No way. Never. You never see any Chinese or Chinese Americans (inc Taiwanese and Cantonese) on Coast to Coast AM or Art Bell show. Or speaking at any UFO/paranormal/conspiracy conferences and groups. I'm probably the only Chinese American that ever spoke at one - the CONTACT group in Bellingham, WA, run by Matthew Thuney. Here is the outline of the presentation I did there: http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Presen ... sm_Psi.htm

You simply never see Chinese, whether westernized or not, in any New Age type movements or involved in the UFO/paranormal subculture in America (aka the Art Bell crowd). Or in the Conspiracy/Truth movement either (e.g. fans of the Alex Jones and David Icke). I seem to be the only one or one of the very few.

Chinese simply have no interest in higher truth or higher consciousness. Only white people seem to be interested in that. Sometimes black people too (e.g. Ralph Smart, Walt Goodridge, Oprah Winfrey) and soemtimes east Indians too (Deepak Chopra, Ami Goswami, Sai Baba, Krishnamurti, Hare Krishna leaders, etc)

Instead Chinese are only interested in practical and materialistic goals, such as making money, food, buying real estate property and houses, etc. Never in abstract concepts or imagination or creativity or new ideas or higher truth or higher consciousness or philosophy or theology or esoteric subjects or occultism or hermeticism or conspiracies or mysteries or spirituality, etc. No. Only white people are into such things and get involved in such things. Sometimes east Indian and black people too. But never Chinese or Taiwanese. (Except for me of course) This difference is clear and obvious. But no one dares to point this out because it's offensive and taboo to point out group differences or racial differences, no matter how true or obvious.

Go to a Theosophy group or Gnosticism group or esoteric group or the Philosophical Research Society in LA for instance, and you will see primarily white people there. Sometimes black or indian. But never Chinese. This is obvious. Anyone can test this.

But again, its offensive to point out of course. Only a "self hating Asian" like me would dare to point out something like this lol, which testifies to my uniqueness of course, since no other chinese would dare talk about this or make this observation openly. Lol.

Chinese simply never discuss such deep stuff. They only talk about practical and materialistic subjects, like making money and real estate. Lol. Thats why they are so boring and soulless to me. I dont think God or the universe or our mother goddess put us here on Earth just to make money and live for work and consumerism and pay our bills only. Why would our souls come to the physical plane just for that? Its ridiculous and makes no sense.

So ironically, White people are more interested in Chinese philosophy, like Taoism, than the Chinese themselves are. Its a huge irony and its too bad no one else dares to point it out.

Case in point: If you go to Asia and Chinese cultures like China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong, you may find a few Buddhist study groups that teach basic Buddhist teachings. But you're not gonna any new age type groups that study esoteric teachings or higher truth. No way. Not even in a "democratic island" like Taiwan. Chinese and Taiwanese simply have no use for that stuff nor the ability to grasp it. Its not part of their practical world and practical life. Lol. However if you go to California or New York or Seattle or the UK, you will find many new age type groups and UFO/Paranormal groups and those involved in consciousness research like near death experiences or ghost hunting or ESP, etc.

This just goes to show that perhaps white people do have a higher and different consciousness after all, that is able to reach to higher realms, than most other races, except for some highly conscious east indians of course. But definitely higher than the small minded narrow Chinese mind for sure. (No offense to Chinese but the truth is the truth and is super obvious here).

So in that sense perhaps the Aryan race advocates and white european culture admirers and worshippers have a point about the white race being different after all. Since such racial differences are very apparent and transcend environment and culture, since not even chinese americans who grew up in the west are like whites at all (except for maybe myself of course, not to brag lol). So such differences appear to be legit and real after all, no matter how taboo.

Asians on the other hand are better at rote memorization and copying. Not in higher consciousness or creativity or imagination or innovation or philosophy or higher esoteric matters. Since this is true regarding westernizes asians too (except for me) then it supports the theory of there being natural racial differences too, no matter how much modernists, liberals and egalitarians try to deny it.

What do you think? Have you noticed these differences too, but were afraid to talk about them openly because its taboo to do so?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why are Whites more into Eastern Spirituality/Philosophy than Asians are? Big Irony

Post by gsjackson »

See Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Westerners have more time and opportunity for idle theorizing. Asians are hustling these days.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why are Whites more into Eastern Spirituality/Philosophy than Asians are? Big Irony

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 4:30 pm
See Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Westerners have more time and opportunity for idle theorizing. Asians are hustling these days.
That doesnt make sense. You're not seeing the big picture. If that were true then youd see a lot of rich upper class asians into higher truth and eastern philosophy. But you dont. None of my rich Taiwanese relatives are spiritual or philosophical. And how come westernized asians or asian americans arent any different?

Go to california and see. The asian americans there are all good at rote memorization only, just like in asia. They arent interested in eastern philosophy or spirituality or higher truth. Did you consider that? Surely you're smarter than this right? Come on. You gotta come up with a better explanation than that.

Otherwise i think my theory holds, that whites and asians have a different type of consciousness level or soul level.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why do only Whites & Indians popularize Eastern Spirituality/Philosophy but Asians never do?!

Post by Winston »

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

If you look at all the people in the videos below on a website introducing Gnosticism - an esoteric version of Christianity that was banned and suppressed by the early Catholic Church, and later revealed in the Nag Hammadi texts of the Lost Gospels - you will notice what I've said before, that everyone into higher truth and higher consciousness and esoteric truth, are either WHITE or EAST INDIAN. You never see any Orientals like Chinese, Japanese, Cantonese or Taiwanese into those things, no way, they are only interested in making money and practical things. lol. Click here and you will see what I mean:

https://rememberingthegnosticmovement.com/video/

As you can see, everyone in the video list is white except for one East Indian girl. So you see, I was right. It's just a simple fact, not racist at all. Why does no one else but me have the guts to point out stuff like this? So weird. Why is it so hard to have guts to mention something so obviously openly? Why is everyone else so scared to point out anything like this? It's not racist or stereotyping, just truth, obvious and apparent truth and patterns. What is everyone's problem?

So now that you all see that I'm right, why is this?

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why do only Whites & Indians popularize Eastern Spirituality/Philosophy but Asians never do?!

Post by Winston »

Here's another example.

Check out all the many speakers listed at this big UFO conference in the USA called "Contact in the Desert". There are many big names in the UFO community there with their photos, including George Noory of Coast to Coast AM, David Wilcock, Graham Hancock, Linda Moulton Howe, the producer of Ancient Aliens on History Channel Giorgio Tsoukalos, Erich Von Daniken, etc.

http://contactinthedesert.com/speakers/

Again, notice that NOT ONE is ASIAN OR ORIENTAL! NOT ONE! They are all white, and a few look like they may be East Indian, Hispanic or Middle Eastern, I can't tell. But none are Chinese or Japanese or Korean or Cantonese or Taiwanese for sure.

BINGO! So you see, I'm RIGHT! Why can't some of you admit it? Why do you some of you debate this or play devil's advocate? Why can't you just admit the obvious truth? How many more examples do you need? Why can't you be honest and stop being buttheads? The fact is, ASIANS are simply NOT into this kind of stuff, like esoteric truth or higher truth or stuff outside the box, etc.

@momopi why are you so full of haughty Asian pride that you can't even admit that I'm right, even when it's super obvious? You admitted to me once that Asians only like intelligent conversations about practical subjects, not abstract subjects. Remember? So deep down, even you know that I'm right. The examples and patterns I showed you all above are obvious.

Btw, maybe I should contact the Contact in the Desert group and accuse them of racism and discrimination since they have no Asian speakers, and demand that I be listed as one, or else I can play the race card on them. lol. That would be a way for me to get into their roster maybe. haha. lol

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Mantak Chia, who has contributed greatly to popularizing esoteric Taoism, especially sexual kung fu, is of Chinese ethnicity, though born and currently living in Thailand. Mantak Chia is more important than all these people in the desert that you listed combined. Who cares about UFOs when a man can have multiple orgasms without ever getting tired, which is the goal of sexual kung fu.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Shemp wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 8:28 am
Mantak Chia, who has contributed greatly to popularizing esoteric Taoism, especially sexual kung fu, is of Chinese ethnicity, though born and currently living in Thailand. Mantak Chia is more important than all these people in the desert that you listed combined. Who cares about UFOs when a man can have multiple orgasms without ever getting tired, which is the goal of sexual kung fu.
Who is he? How come I never heard of him? Any links?

Have you heard of Alan Watts, the Zen teacher and popularizer of Eastern Philosophy and Spirituality in the West? He popularized it in the 1960's so he goes way back. You can find thousands of his lectures on YouTube, including a 1960 KQED series where he explained Eastern Philosophy to the American people, which knew nothing about it back then. He is a legend. And yes, he's WHITE and British.

How many videos on YouTube does "Mantak Chia" have? Probably very few right?

How come no Asians ever get on Coast to Coast AM? You never see any on Art Bell's show archives either. Why?

Sexual kung fu? Dude, we are talking deep intellectual topics here. Get your head out of the gutter. lol

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

First of all, we should be referring to him as Master Mantak Chia, as a sign of respect for his contributions to humanity.

He has a few youtube videos, for example:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CnOg_ZS4eSE

However, he is best known for his various books where he presented all sorts of ancient esoteric Taoist concepts in language that modern people can better understand. Search on Amazon.com.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But I'm not talking about a sex therapist. I'm talking about popularizing Eastern Religion and Spirituality, like Alan Watts, Joseph Campbell and Deepak Chopra.

Even Hollywood stars like Richard Gere and Keanu Reeves promote Buddhism, and guess what, they are WHITE.

See this 2 hour PBS documentary about Buddha, narrated by Richard Gere. Notice that all the authors, Buddhist professors, and academic experts on Buddhism are WHITE. None are Asian or Oriental. Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc7_VyVXDLs

Also, see this video series called "Discovering Buddhism". Here is part 1. Notice that Richard Gere, a white man, introduces the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOEXkaow0ko

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

:!:
Winston wrote:
May 11th, 2019, 3:43 pm
But I'm not talking about a sex therapist.
Your problem, grasshopper, is the same as the problem of these westerners you refer to. Namely, you are all deficient in chi and living too much in your head. What matters is the body. The mind is just a tool to serve the body. Shiva (masculine power of mind) is corpse without Shakti (feminine power of body).

Mantak Chia explains how to preserve your chi while having sex, and that is worth more than all this babble of Buddhism spirituality.

Yoga is another immensely important subject. Physical hatha yoga, I mean, not mumbo jumbo yoga spirituality. Tantric yoga was the basis for Taoist sexual kung fu, but the Tantra scriptures are so confused that it is better to use Master Chia's Taoist modernization.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

I think it's more common in "bleached-out" cultures & has to do with not having (or thinking they don't have) a lot of their own culture.

Take America: work is a central fixation. The other stuff frequently doesn't come close & I doubt it ever did, at least in the Puritan-influenced areas (which eventually meant a lot of it, given that the South lost the Civil War). This took the shape of "whatever the metal, whatever the shape, whatever the condition the effort is to melt it down & zero it out"- a smelting pot, rather than a melting pot (like mixed cheeses).

Enter other cultures. Chinese stuff seems better to a lot of problem because it doesn't have the religious fanaticism that the Middle Eastern ones can get & especially considering that it always talks in terms of perfection & has shit that doesn't work out in real life (or contradicts itself or whatever else). Basically, they figure there's an Ambient Santa Claus Principle that makes only deserved things happen- now, when good doesn't go to good or bad doesn't go to bad (or even exists), the theory people have of it collapses. It might say different things in Christianity, but that's not the impression someone might have of it.

The Chinese seem to largely be of interest to Americans because of the martial arts stuff & Chi & all that, but also the concept that Buddhism has/is (whether it's true or not) the theory of reciprocity. Also, the squinty eyes make people believe they're more attentive to detail. I'm not making his up (seriously, when you're trying to focus on small print or something like that, what do you do?). Basically they seem more proficient & less hypocritical. Actually, I think they get thought to be more ethical.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 7:13 am
<snip>
Again, notice that NOT ONE is ASIAN OR ORIENTAL! NOT ONE! They are all white, and a few look like they may be East Indian, Hispanic or Middle Eastern, I can't tell. But none are Chinese or Japanese or Korean or Cantonese or Taiwanese for sure.
<snip>
Why are you cross posting the exact same post to 2 different threads on the same day? Do you expect us to cut and past the exact same response twice like a broken record?
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=8433&start=60
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why do only WHITE people popularize/practice Eastern Spirituality/Philosophy/Buddhism but Asians don't?

Post by Winston »

Here's yet another WHITE guy who write books about Eastern spirituality and makes videos about it too. His name is Jason Gregory. See his videos below.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... on+gregory

His documentary "The Art of Effortless Living" in which he explains Taoist principles for life, is very interesting.

Even when he interviews Chinese ladies such as the one below, she speaks very little and only says basic things. It seems as you can see that he knows a lot more about Eastern spirituality and Taoism than she does. lol. How funny. See what I mean below.

Jason Gregory also has books on Amazon.com. You can find out more about his books and mission to popularize Eastern spirituality at his website:

http://www.jasongregory.org

Isn't it funny how WHITE people seem to know a lot more about Buddhism/Taoism/Zen/Eastern spirituality and philosophy, etc more than Asians do? LOL. Hilarious.

In contrast, if you go to Asia, you will see that virtually NO ONE is interested in spirituality or philosophy, ONLY IN MAKING MONEY! No joke. If you don't believe me, go to Asia and you will see what I mean. This is true in China, Taiwan and even the Philippines. In fact, people in China NEVER even use the word "spiritual" in their everyday speech. Especially young Chinese people, who are the most NON-SPIRITUAL at all. Zero interest in it. No joke. Seriously. If you don't believe me, ask them. Chinese will admit that they have no interest in spirituality and never even use the word "spiritual" in their everyday speech or vocabulary. I've asked young people in China and Taiwan and they admit it's true.

Even in America, Asian Americans never promote Eastern spirituality and aren't even interested in it. All they care about is their careers and education and getting a good job as a doctor, engineer, lawyer, accountant, computer programmer, businessman, accountant, etc.

In fact, it seems that WHITE people know more about Eastern spirituality and Buddhism than Asians do. For example, New Age groups are primarily composed of middle class white people. So are self-help groups and meditation groups. The westerners in New Age and self-improvement groups and communities and subcultures seem to know a lot more about Buddhism or Taoism or Zen than people in Asia do, who aren't interested in it at all generally. lol. How funny and ironic. It's as if Eastern spirituality is more part of Western culture than Eastern culture. LOL. Very ironic an paradoxical. lol

Have any of you guys noticed this too? How do you explain it? And why does no one else have the guts to point this out except me? lol

Even the Buddhists that exist in Asia, only have a basic understanding of it, which they memorize like a student does in school. And the interest in Buddhism is primarily with Buddhist monks in Asia, not with general Asian lay people.

As you can see on Jason Gregory's About Me page below, he looks like a kind gentle white guy, the type that is into Eastern spirituality. His smile looks wholesome too, like one who has the Buddha within him. lol

https://jasongregory.org/about/

About

Jason Gregory is an author, philosopher, and spiritual teacher specializing in Eastern and Western philosophy, comparative religion, psychology, cognitive science, metaphysics, and ancient cultures. He is the author of Effortless Living, Fasting the Mind, Enlightenment Now, and The Science and Practice of Humility. For many years he has lived in Asia studying the spiritual traditions and meditative practices of Buddhism, Hinduism, and Taoism, visiting some of the most remote places in the world.

The primary focus of his work is Eastern spirituality and culture, for which he is an expert. For over a decade he has been teaching the philosophy of the East and their meditative practices, expounding the benefits of their importance in the modern world and, as a result, how they will transform our lives to live more optimally and peacefully. Jason travels worldwide lecturing about the East, its science of mind, and the methods and practices that define the East, and how its philosophy is a cure not only for the individual’s mind but also for the cultural, social, and religious problems in the world today.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Shemp wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 10:51 pm
First of all, we should be referring to him as Master Mantak Chia, as a sign of respect for his contributions to humanity.

He has a few youtube videos, for example:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CnOg_ZS4eSE

However, he is best known for his various books where he presented all sorts of ancient esoteric Taoist concepts in language that modern people can better understand. Search on Amazon.com.
Btw @Shemp I looked up Mantak Chia, and he is THAI, from THAILAND. He's not oriental like Chinese, Japanese or Korean. Sorry. lol

I am referring to Chinese people primarily. Thai are more wild and can promote anything. They are different. Same with India. There are many Indian gurus promoting Eastern spirituality too, like Osho or Deepak Chopra or that Indian guru that raised the consciousness of Steve Jobs in the 1970's when he was in India, etc.

Regardless, he's one man. It's hard to find any Asians promoting eastern spirituality in the west. I'm sure you know that. But you can name many white western people promoting it though.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why do only WHITE people popularize/practice Eastern Spirituality/Philosophy/Buddhism but Asians don't?

Post by Winston »

Rock says I'm wrong about Mantak Chia.

[10/16, 6:15 AM] Rock Philippines: Winston, Mantak Chia is Chinese, albeit Thai Chinese, he’s pure Han just like you and speaks very fluent mandarin w a bit of a SE Asian accent similar to what Singaporean Chinese sound like in Mandarin. So I think you were way off mark in your reply to Shemp.

[10/16, 1:12 PM] Winston Wu: Im not way off. Hes thai. Not typical chinese. So hes part foreign culture too.

Either way hes one exception. Most authors and popularizers of eastern spirituality are white westerners. Thats still true. I can plenty of examples in the forum. In asia i never met anyone interested in spirituality. Only in america or western new age groups and buddhist meditation groups do i meet people into eastern spirituality. In asia you will find that everyone there is only interested in making money. Thats obvious. They admit it. No one in asia even uses the word "spiritual" in their everyday speech. Especially young people. Ive asked chinese and taiwanese and they all admit it. So there is more interest in eastern spirituality in the west than in asia. Its ironic but true.

Heres another example i found.

http://www.jasongregory.org

Even when he interviews this chinese lady its awkward. She doesnt know much compared to him. Shes just there to put an asian face to his videos. Lol

Btw rock you're not into spiritual authors. How would u know who mantak chia is? You're not part of that community. You dont study spirituality right?

Why u always cherry pick to try to debate people? One exception doesnt debunk a general rule or pattern. For example one cloud in the sky doesnt disprove that the sky is blue. Come on.