I have a problem with my Asus EEE 1005HAB Netbook

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

I have a problem with my Asus EEE 1005HAB Netbook

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Here's the story with my netbook:

Almost about 7-8 months ago, I had someone try to install Rosetta Stone (Russian) on my netbook. When it installed, I initially thought it did something to my computer, so, out of frustration, I struck it with the palm of my hand. Now when I try to boot it up, it is saying "Select proper bood device or insert boot device and press key" or something like that, because sit will say on the boot screen, "Primary Master Hard Disk Error". Does anyone here know how to either fix this or, assuming my hard drive is finished, replace it?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Dude you got issues if you are hitting your computer like that. Where did you hit it? Did you try to boot from safe mode? Insert your Windows installation CD or Windows recovery CD and try booting from there.

How did you try to install Rosetta Stone? From an ISO? If so, it's best to mount it with a free software called Power ISO, which you can download for free. That's how I run it.

You also have to install the basic Rosetta Stone software first, before running the Russian language version.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

Hero, I have to agree with Winston. If the installation did not go well and you are angry (common with most users) you should relax and walkout the room. As Winston said, you would have to see if you can try to boot into safe mode or have a recovery disk with the netbook (most netbooks do not have a disc drive so you will have to use an external drive). I think also you can try to see if you can use F8, F2 and try the option "Last Known Good Configuration".

You might have damaged the Hard drive. You can get it replaced usually in laptops but netbooks are different story. Hopefully reset your settings and check what is wrong in safe mode will help you.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

aozora13 wrote:Hero, I have to agree with Winston. If the installation did not go well and you are angry (common with most users) you should relax and walkout the room. As Winston said, you would have to see if you can try to boot into safe mode or have a recovery disk with the netbook (most netbooks do not have a disc drive so you will have to use an external drive). I think also you can try to see if you can use F8, F2 and try the option "Last Known Good Configuration".

You might have damaged the Hard drive. You can get it replaced usually in laptops but netbooks are different story. Hopefully reset your settings and check what is wrong in safe mode will help you.
Replacing a netbook laptop can be done, after all. I am going to take it in probably sometime next week.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...