How do I get wifi service for a month in the US?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
Winston
Site Admin

How do I get wifi service for a month in the US?

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Our new house in Las Vegas is ready now. So I was wondering, how do I get wifi service for one or two months without a contract? What's the cheapest way to do that?

In the past, I could usually just use the wifi signal of my neighbors, but nowadays, most of them are locked with a password. So I may not be able to do that anymore.

Is it better to call the cable TV company to see if they provide wifi? Or is there another way? What's the most economical way?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

You can contact local cable company and ask about "no contract" service, then cancel it after 2 months.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks. Are most of you using wifi from your cable company?

We contacted them and it seems that getting a modem from your cable company that is capable of both wifi and ethernet is the standard default norm nowadays. I didn't know that.

So is that what everyone does now? If so, does that mean all the other ISP's are out of business, including AOL?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

AOL's dial-up service still generates about $500 million per year.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:AOL's dial-up service still generates about $500 million per year.
But why would anyone want to use AOL's dial up service and tie up their phone line, when they could get wifi from their cable company for cheaper and that works faster too? It doesn't make sense. Theoretically, AOL should be out of business. They never improve or fix their bugs either.