Whiteifaction of Black Culture?

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Whiteifaction of Black Culture?

Post by zacb »

Now, I am white, so I probably would not know this quite as much as someone who is actually from an African American background, and while I don't think interracial realtion is wrong, I do see a negative trend in regards to the mainstreaming of black into white culture, and white into black culture. It seems like if anything starts creeping into either culture, it is the negative aspects of each other's culture. Point in case: it seems like there is a constant whiteification (in a bad way) of the black community. What do I mean? I mean trying to destroy the natural family culture that black culture had, how it seems like many celebrities are trying to act white (Niki Minaj, Michael Jackson, Rhianna), and other things, but those two previous things being most prominent. Any thoughts?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
designer
Freshman Poster

Re: Whiteifaction of Black Culture?

Post by designer »

zacb wrote:Now, I am white, so I probably would not know this quite as much as someone who is actually from an African American background, and while I don't think interracial realtion is wrong, I do see a negative trend in regards to the mainstreaming of black into white culture, and white into black culture. It seems like if anything starts creeping into either culture, it is the negative aspects of each other's culture. Point in case: it seems like there is a constant whiteification (in a bad way) of the black community. What do I mean? I mean trying to destroy the natural family culture that black culture had, how it seems like many celebrities are trying to act white (Niki Minaj, Michael Jackson, Rhianna), and other things, but those two previous things being most prominent. Any thoughts?

Your comment is so typically american. How do you define 'white'? How do you define "black culture"? Do you mean rap music and that garbage? Black YOUTH culture, though it has been co-opted by the mainstream media is not per say Black American culture. That stuff is just a commercialization of inner city nite life. There is no natural black family. It has not existed for quite some time. Black women destroyed the 'black family' long ago. So your comment has no basis in fact and comes off as immature and very western. Why wont you travel a bit and then ask the same question again after you realize that "black america" really isnt as relevant is it may seem in the usa. Nor is the usa as relevant as they would like you to think.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

zacb wrote:Now, I am white, so I probably would not know this quite as much as someone who is actually from an African American background, and while I don't think interracial realtion is wrong, I do see a negative trend in regards to the mainstreaming of black into white culture, and white into black culture. It seems like if anything starts creeping into either culture, it is the negative aspects of each other's culture. Point in case: it seems like there is a constant whiteification (in a bad way) of the black community. What do I mean? I mean trying to destroy the natural family culture that black culture had, how it seems like many celebrities are trying to act white (Niki Minaj, Michael Jackson, Rhianna), and other things, but those two previous things being most prominent. Any thoughts?
You lost me when you compared Michael Jackson to Nicki Minaj. Pretty sure you lost everyone there. :?
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Maybe how I set that up was a tad convoluted. Sorry About that. What I was saying is that prior to welfare as we know it, black families were more stable as a whole (not as much unwed pregnancies and such), but as time went on, inner city culutre developed, and permeated culture. So you are right, I kind of was mixing apples and oranges, but I understand that pre-welfare and post wel-fare are two sepreate categories. I would categorize black, unless otherwise stated, as "modern" African Americans, prior to the sixties. And white I was using was to describe things like this: http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpres ... riday1.jpg
, as an example of trying to hide "blackness", and there were similar things with Rhianna that just don't seem right. Why hide your "blackness", your culture? If they want to do this, that is their problem, all I am pointing out is there seems like a trend trying to destroy cultural pride, however it may reveal itself. So that is how I connected Michael Jackson and Nikki Minaj. Also, I agree not all blacks are the same, I am just saying in particular instances. Sorry if how I explain this is not the most elegant, I am just trying to explain things I tend to see.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

zacb wrote:Maybe how I set that up was a tad convoluted. Sorry About that. What I was saying is that prior to welfare as we know it, black families were more stable as a whole (not as much unwed pregnancies and such), but as time went on, inner city culutre developed, and permeated culture. So you are right, I kind of was mixing apples and oranges, but I understand that pre-welfare and post wel-fare are two sepreate categories. I would categorize black, unless otherwise stated, as "modern" African Americans, prior to the sixties. And white I was using was to describe things like this: http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpres ... riday1.jpg
, as an example of trying to hide "blackness", and there were similar things with Rhianna that just don't seem right. Why hide your "blackness", your culture? If they want to do this, that is their problem, all I am pointing out is there seems like a trend trying to destroy cultural pride, however it may reveal itself. So that is how I connected Michael Jackson and Nikki Minaj. Also, I agree not all blacks are the same, I am just saying in particular instances. Sorry if how I explain this is not the most elegant, I am just trying to explain things I tend to see.
You're asking a couple of broad questions, here. I'll address them just a bit ...
First, the trick is not to confuse the product with the packaging.
Any product must be test marketed before being rolled out on a mass scale.
In this case, the product is social degeneracy. The inner city was the testing grounds. Welfare is/was simply packaging.
The destruction of the nuclear family -- done there with the welfare check vs. a father in the home (to the poor and mostly black) is now being done to the middle class (mostly whites) via the divorce, "family" court, alimony route.

The results are not accidental, and were predicted. Of course, those who made the prediction were called every name in the book.
The Moynihan Report (1965)
http://www.blackpast.org/?q=primary/moy ... eport-1965

--------------------------------------
What you see with these "celebs" like Minaj and others is that after they gain some success (test market results show promise) their handlers are re-branding them (changing the package, NOT the contents) to appeal to a wider audience. They're still selling degeneracy, just to more people. It's not as much about blackness as it is greenness (as in money). If people spend their money and time on entertainment, then they are spending LESS time and money on things that will better them.

Here's an old short article about Madonna. Consider it in the context of why you know her name.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Madonna- ... 0443.shtml
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Thank You. You explained it brilliantly.
ChosenTraveler
Freshman Poster

Post by ChosenTraveler »

Yes, Blacks have no culture on these Western shores. Their culture was determined for them,then distributed to them. For example, Black men are naturally programmed to be polygamous, but this climate introduced the "one man/one woman" concept.

Blacks as early as the Dogons had their own spiritual systems, but this plane pushes Christianity, or the latest invented religion of the week. Black men biologically aren't programmed to function in a capitalist system, they thrive more in a collectivist environment, and the concept of community.

The problem with today's Black community is that there isn't one.
"Never forget that intelligence rules the world and ignorance carries the burden."- Marcus Garvey

http://exiledpharaoh.blogspot.com
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

That's true Chosen.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

I respect all races, and I love learning about different cultures, but I came to be a separatist. Why? Because after studying African American history it was revealed to me that the best achievements (culturally and financially) with African Americans occurred when Africans were segregated from whites (around 1920's).
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on December 25th, 2012, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

ChosenTraveler wrote:Yes, Blacks have no culture on these Western shores. Their culture was determined for them,then distributed to them. For example, Black men are naturally programmed to be polygamous, but this climate introduced the "one man/one woman" concept.

Blacks as early as the Dogons had their own spiritual systems, but this plane pushes Christianity, or the latest invented religion of the week. Black men biologically aren't programmed to function in a capitalist system, they thrive more in a collectivist environment, and the concept of community.

The problem with today's Black community is that there isn't one.
This. That is my point. I honestly don't care one way or another, but it just seems like the powers that be are trying to destroy any semblance of distinct culture. That is my point.