Question about Hawaii women

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
traveller
Junior Poster

Question about Hawaii women

Post by traveller »

Hi. I seem to have come across information that shows Hawaii as having a rather large population of Asian women. For example, Honolulu's population is roughly 55 percent Asian.

Has anyone ever had any luck with asian women in Hawaii? Or are those Hawaiian asians Americanized, too?
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: Question about Hawaii women

Post by Wolfeye »

I don't know that Hawaii is very American-ized to begin with. It seems that they maintained a good chunk of their pre-existing culture, so that might be cool. The thing is, they seem to also have a bit of a territorial thing going on with non-locals (possibly non-indigenous). Might be good to learn "Hawaiian style" before you try to make serious strides with that, but they don't seem to have "skin-headedness" to them. I've never been there, I'm just repeating things I've heard & impressions I got.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

traveller wrote:Hi. I seem to have come across information that shows Hawaii as having a rather large population of Asian women. For example, Honolulu's population is roughly 55 percent Asian.

Has anyone ever had any luck with asian women in Hawaii? Or are those Hawaiian asians Americanized, too?
Hello Traveller, it's your fellow HAer Iraqvet2003. I have been to Hawaii a few times myself. In fact the city of Honolulu is my birthplace!!! I was born at the Tripler Army Medical Center (on January 25, 1973) when my father was serving in the Army and stationed at Schofield Barracks on the island of Oahu. As well as the setting for one of my favorite T.V. shows, "HAWAII FIVE-O"!Anyway, as for Honolulu's population, it is true that over half of this city's population is Asian. And out of that group most are of Japanese decent followed by Filipinos/Filipinas. Then followed by smaller groups of Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Samoans, and Native Hawaiians. The rest of Honolulu's and Hawaii's population consist of Whites/Caucasian, Mixed (part-Hawaiian, half-Asian, etc.), and small number of Blacks and Latinos/Latinas.

As for dating Asian women in Hawaii, personally traveller, I haven't dated any women from there. Your best luck might be with some Filipinas on the island. But I do know many women there are "Americanized", cliquish, and materialistic. This is because Honolulu is also home to many wealthy people. It is just as the state of Hawaii, one of the MOST EXPENSIVE PLACES to live in the U.S. (just as San Francisco, Seattle, L.A., NYC, D.C., etc.) Not to mention, some famous people such as Bill Gates and Jackie Chan have a vacation home on the island as I had found out during a guided tour. And unfortunately, as Winston has stated in his E-book, "Happier Abroad" wealth in America brings with it SOCIAL EXCLUSIVITY.

However Traveller, is that Hawaii is a magnet for FOREIGN TOURISTS, WORKERS, AND EXCHANGE STUDENTS. Because tourism is the largest source of income for the state followed by military spending due to the large presence of bases (Schofield-Army, Joint Pearl-Hickam AFB- Air Force/Navy, Kaneohe Bay- Marine Corps, etc.). Traveller, you will find the largest concentration of tourists along Waikiki Beach and Ala Moana Shopping Center/Park. And most of these foreign tourists consist of mostly of Japanese, followed by Australians (Aussies) , Canadians, New Zealanders (Kiwis), and a few Europeans. As for foreign female Asian students you will most likely find them at the University of Hawaii-Moana (U.H.), Chaminde University of Honolulu, and Hawaii Pacific University (HPU). Otherwise, you may have to try the other islands of Maui or the Big Island (Hawaii) to look for women.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I've spent some time in Hawaii, but as a married man. Only briefly did I visit when I was single.

Culturally, Asian women in Hawaii who are not first or maybe second generation are probably going to be 'Americanized' to some extent. But there is also a very family-oriented culture and they may spend a lot of time with family. It doesn't seem to be a culture where women are submissive and want to stay home and take care of their man more than most of the US as far as I could tell. It's not a culture untouched by feminism.

There are first and second generation Asians in Hawaii, including Filippinas. On Oahu, a lot of people are Hawaiians, that means ethnically, but most of them are mixed with something. On some of the other islands, you might find more pure-blooded Hawaiians and people who speak the language or pidgin. I don't know. That's just what I hear. There are other Polynesians, Samoans, Micronesians, etc. Polynesians tend to be big, just tall large people, sometimes fat. For me, personally, it's rare to see an attractive Polynesian woman. A lot of them have kind of stout bodies and just don't have a body shape I'd find attractive, and I don't tend to find the faces attractive. But I have seen some Hawaiian women mixed with white or Asian that were pretty in my opinion.

I've seen some pretty women in Hawaii, but just to tell you the truth, I've been through the Manoa campus a number of times, and just looking at the girls on the sidewalk, what strikes me is how few of them are very physically attractive when compared to walking through my former campus in the Southeast or through a subway underground shopping center in Seoul near a university. But then I've been out to night events where there are thousands of people, and there are lots of beautiful girls in their late teens and early 20's, too. Maybe the pretty ones don't go to college as much or don't stand on the side walk. :)

I talked with one guy who had difficulty finding a woman because he worked with a lot of local women who smoked, cussed, had tattoos, and were fat. Oh yeah, and a lot of them were lesbians.

There are first and second generation Filippinos. I can't say I've met a young marrying age first generation woman. But I've known some second generation ones in their 20's who seemed very sweet and to have strong family values. And some of the Filippinas are really pretty.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Native Hawaiians are known to be obese. I visited Hawaii briefly with my wife. It's expensive but there is huge Japanese expat community and Japanese tourist. But something is telling me that you need cash in this case.
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

chanta76 wrote:Native Hawaiians are known to be obese. I visited Hawaii briefly with my wife. It's expensive but there is huge Japanese expat community and Japanese tourist. But something is telling me that you need cash in this case.
It really disappoints me that obesity can be an extensive problem in tropical paradise. Hawaii, as far as I know it, is entirely within a tropical climate. When I first moved to Florida, I weighed 271 pounds. Now I am actually down to 240 pounds, so I actually lost quite a lot of weight since moving to tropical paradise.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

chanta76 wrote:Native Hawaiians are known to be obese. I visited Hawaii briefly with my wife. It's expensive but there is huge Japanese expat community and Japanese tourist. But something is telling me that you need cash in this case.
"Hawaiian" is an ethnic group in Hawaii. And if you are talking about native Hawaiians or other Polynesians, they tend to be kind of big people. I've known some Hawaiian-- ethnically mixed, women who were attractive. But for my own asthetic opinions, Polynesian women tend not to be as attractive. I've seen a few attractive Polynesians. But they are often very husky people, stout, if not fat, especially Samoans. Being fat seems to be a part of their culture. Micronesians tend to be rather pudgy, but not as big and fat as a lot of the Samoans. Some of them are really nice people. Polynesian features, IMO, look rather masculine. I did see a pure-blood, I assume, Micronesian who was a college student who was thin and nice looking, but with kind of bad teeth. I thought she was Filippina until she told me otherwise.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I've heard that Japanese women there can be very easy for hookups as they have a 'what happens in Hawaii stays in Hawaii' attitude.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

If a person wants an FW, why not just go get an FW? Why bother with anything in between?
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.