Resume and Portfolio
(address and phone number removed in online version)
To obtain a position utilizing my skills, experience and qualifications.
Summary of Skills and Experience
Summary of Skills: Proficiency in computers, word processing, basic web design, internet marketing, website content management, PC/Windows troubleshooting, MS Office, clerical work, professional writing skills, communication skills. Typing - 80 wpm. Excellent spelling, grammar and composition skills. Familiar with Associated Press writing style. Foreign languages: Chinese, Taiwanese, Russian.
Summary of Experience: Four years experience creating, marketing and managing successful online businesses, and generating residual income streams from them. One year experience in professional journalistic writing. 10 years experience in organized high quality writing. Two years experience in sales, marketing and promotions. One year experience working with youth.
Script Editor Playon Interactive Inc. - Liveplex Ortigas, Philippines 2011
· As an independent contractor, edited dialogue scripts and item/function lists into standard American English for an online gaming development company based in Korea, for the launch of their new massive online role-playing game in America. (Name of game and link to my edited online game guide available upon request)
· During first six weeks, successfully met a tight deadline by completing the edit of a 500,000 word batch of script files, retaining both quality and speed.
Writer/Online Entrepreneur Self-Employed Philippines and Taiwan 2007 - Present
· Created, marketed and managed two successful online businesses and communities - one dealing with expat living and international dating (the largest of its kind), and the other with philosophy and critical thinking. Generated steady residual income streams from each, through advertising revenue (from dozens of advertisers), affiliate sales commissions, ebook sales, and tour package sales. (URL’s available upon request)
· Served as travel assistant and consultant to a multi-millionaire friend who owns a highly successful online medical business, during our trip to the Philippines from Nov. 2006 to Mar. 2007. He chose me for my international travel experience, multi-cultural knowledge, communication skills, and reliability. I organized our travel, transportation and accommodation arrangements. As his apprentice, I gained a lot of knowledge about creating and marketing online businesses, which I put to use in creating my online business mentioned above.
Marketing Team Leader Owens Corning (via Kelly Services) Seattle, WA region 2005 - 2006
· In charge of marketing promotional team for Owens Corning’s innovative basement finishing system at home trade shows around the Puget Sound area. Supervised teams of 2-3 per shift.
· Generated sales leads which consistently exceeded projected quotas, demonstrated products to prospective clients, answered questions, and explained features and benefits.
· Responsible for opening and closing of promotion booths, daily inventory, and promotion materials/brochures.
Journalist/Reporter Estates News – Moscow Division Moscow, Russia 2004 - 2005
· Wrote news stories for a European business gazette, covering multi-million dollar corporate construction projects for major international developers such as Cushman & Wakefield, KazstroyInvest, GVA Sawyer, Jones Lang LaSalle, Colliers International. (Portfolio available upon request)
· Interviewed Public Relations reps of major development companies to obtain info, quotes, and press releases.
Business English Teacher American Language Center Moscow, Russia 2004
· Taught advanced level adult English classes. Courses included advanced levels 3, 4, and Business English.
Teacher/Marketing Assistant Oxford Language Institute Chia-Yi, Taiwan 2004
· Taught English to junior high level students.
· Set up and organized the grand opening event and show for a new English self-learning center. Designed artsy promotional flyers, brochures, posters, and orchestrated interactive activities for open house event.
Sales Representative Cingular Wireless Bellingham, WA 2002 - 2003
· Sold yearly contracts for Cingular cell phone plans. Assessed customer needs and made suggestions. Informed customers of available service plans, promotions, phone models/brands, technologies and features.
· Gained knowledge of major wireless phone providers such as Cingular, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, Nextel, and Qwest, to educate consumers on them.
· Met sales quotas for most months. Provided help and trouble-shooting over the phone to customers that signed up for service. Educated and demonstrated cell phone operation and features for customers.
Job Services Specialist 2 Employment Security Department Bellingham, WA 2002
· Provided job referral services to employers and job seekers through the Washington state employment office. Screened resumes and job applicants. Referred qualified applicants to employers.
· Used computer to register job seekers, refer applicants, open job orders, and record department services.
· Performed clerical duties, data entry, mailing letters, inventory reports, answered phones, and transferred calls.
· Provided public assistance in Job Resource Center with use of software, job search, and resume tips.
Model/Talent Recruiter Model Talent Universe/Integrity Casting Reno, NV 2001
· Scheduled and referred models and talent, in person and by phone, to auditions and casting events.
· Provided career consultation to aspiring actors and models.
· Achieved the record for most referrals generated in a day at 66. Consistently exceeded quotas and goals.
Actor/Magician Assistant Piper’s Opera House Production Virginia City, NV 2001
· Performed as actor and magician assistant in a Mark Twain stage show for tourists, doing elaborate stage magic and mentalism acts. Peformed three times daily ongoing through Summer and Fall seasons.
· Before each show, went onto the street to promote and round up crowds ranging between 20 - 200 for our audience. Conducted tours of historical sites to audience members afterward.
Residential Advisor Cascades Job Corps Sedro Woolley, WA 2000 - 2001
· Managed dorm of over 100 students. Coached student behavior/responsibilities.
· Maintained files on students, handled daily paperwork and updated documents.
· Troubleshooted and repaired various computers problems on Center.
Product/Service Promoter Events and Promotions Seattle region, WA 1998 - 1999
· Generated over 2000 leads as part of a promotion program which resulted in $400,000 worth of sales for 1998.
· Successfully promoted the brand image of clients such as Swiffer, Febreze, Pantene, First USA Bank, QVC, Statewide, Malt-O-Meal, Pepto-Bismol, Excedrin, Claritin, Amazon.com, and Kellogg’s through samplings, free drawings, floor demonstrations, etc. Brought consumer awareness to thousands.
Bachelors in Marketing and Computer Information Systems - California State University Hayward
· Courses include: Marketing Research, Promotion Management, Advertising Management, Strategic Marketing
Height: 5’7” Hair: Black Phone: (***) ***-****
Weight: 150 Eyes: Brown Email: WWu777us@yahoo.com
Get Carter Christmas Shopper (director name N/A)
Lover’s Lane Diner Patron (director name N/A)
Ten Things I Hate About You Pedestrian at collision scene Gill Younger, dir
Russian National News(HTB in Cryllic)Featured story about me HTB (* Video of broadcast available)
Men: Changes Feature/Interviewee dir. Dwight Johnson, NY
Chaos Theory College Student MTV
An Upstanding Citizen Party Guest Lifetime
Nash Bridges Pedestrian CBS
Magic Box Feature CSU
Varian Medical Systems CLINAC Patient Therapist American Media Group
Corporate Video Business Executive Microsoft
2 credits – list and reel available upon request
Ghostly Talk Featured Guest/Author www.ghostlytalk.com
The Forbidden Truth Radio Show Featured Guest/Author Heritage Broadcasting (Michael Goodspeed)
Theatre / Stage
Yellow Jacket Fire Robert Gold Hill Hotel
Mark Twain's Magic Ghost Show Magic Sidekick Assistant Piper’s Opera House
(* ongoing daily through 2 seasons - Summer, Autumn)
Getting Married Cecil Sykes SYCRT
Men Played Cards As Women Do George
Honorable Urashima Taro Kimo
Shakespearean Youth and Classical Repertory Theatre
Michael David McGuire: Acting / Camera workshop, Auditioning, Cold script reading
Richard Prindle: Acting Scene Study I and II, Acting for the Camera, Teleplay Acting
Ricardo DeLaCruz: Acting in Theatre
British dialects, Impressionist/Vocal sound effects, Crying, Lightning punches/kicks, Karate, Speed walking, Magic tricks, Piano, Billiards, Foreign Languages - Chinese, Taiwanese, Russian; Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Tennis (strength: serve/forehand), Table Tennis, Badminton, Swimming (free-style, backstroke, underwater), Skating, Fencing, Rowing a boat, Golf, Horse-back riding
Dan Hoff – Regional Manager, Owens Corning (www.ocwash.com), 21325 SR 9 SE, Woodinville, WA 98072, office: 425-483-1700, cell: 360-303-1585
Julie Gallagher – Manager, Kelly Services Inc., 2211 Rimland Dr. # 208, Bellingham, WA 98226, office: 360-647-2207
Nitesh Dharwin – Bureau Chief, Estates News Moscow division, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, office (international) +7(095) 232-2929 (Note: 7 is the country code, and 095 is the city code of Moscow), 14, kor.1, #221, B. Dorogomilovskaya street, Moscow, Russia
Matthew Kilburn – Owner, Model Talent Universe/Integrity Casting (www.integritycasting.com); Film Director, Gamma Productions (http://www.gammauniverse.com/gammaFilms/gpicmain.html), official IMDb profile and film credits at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1523753/ , Integrity Casting address: 1030-B Matley Lane, Reno, NV 89502, contact numbers: 775-322-1515 or 775-284-FILM
Tammy O’Neil –
Supervisor, Washington State Employment
Security/Worksource Whatcom (www.gotoworksource.com),
To whom it may concern:
I would like to state that Winston Wu of
During this period he proved his journalistic skills well
and did reporting work for our newspaper covering the
I wish Winston all the best in his career as a journalist.
Tel/fax : (+7 095) 232-2929,
Tel: (+7 095) 9373031.
News is the only English language publication wholly dedicated to the exciting emerging
real estate and property markets of Central and
Charles T. Manchester III
To whom it may concern,
It is with great pleasure that I recommend Winston Wu. I have been reading his material since October of 2003.
Winston has always displayed a high degree of integrity, responsibility, and ambition. He is definitely a leader rather than a follower. In addition to his excellent writing skills and accomplishments, Winston shows a great understanding of the cultures of the world and the way they interact with each other.
His good judgment and mature outlook ensure a logical and practical approach to his endeavors.
essays on his website and the journal he has sent out concerning his time spent
Winston would be an asset to any organization. I believe his writing skills, determination, courage, and dedication will be an asset to your staff and I am happy to give him my wholehearted endorsement.
Charles T. Manchester III
Chief Operations Officer
The Haunt Firm
I've been receiving regular newsletters from Winston Wu for about a month now & in that time I've found his writing to be informative while at the same time inspirational.
The newsletters themselves consist of information regarding Winston's travels/adventures in the
In each letter, Winston provides detailed information regarding the background of towns he's visited while traveling across this continent. This information always details local culture/customs providing me the reader with a greater insight into the Russian way of life. The writing has a certain flair to it with humour thrown subtly in & it's content has changed me from being an individual with little knowledge of the
An example of this: In one particular newsletter Winston described in great detail an underground cave system that he explored with several local Russian traveling companions. The piece was exciting & informative & while reading it I found myself visualising the caves with great ease. This talent of descriptive writing is usually only found in the work of seasoned novelists so it's refreshing to find this in creative journalistic writing such as Winstons.
In short I believe that Winston Wu could easily turn this ability to any subject he chose to write about making him an exciting prospect in the world of creative media.
If I can be of any further
assistance then please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
You asked for recommendation. Here you are.
I'm not very good at description, but hope it'll help you.
I'm not very long on Winston's list, but read quite a few of his articles. I must say he has a wonderful stile of writing. His articles are funny, witty, easy to understand, full of interesting and useful information.
According to the articles I've read by now he has a vivid talent in journalism and I think it is really the thing he's great at.
I know him not only by e-mail, but also in person. I can say he's reliable, friendly, kind, active, communicative, is able to achieve everything he wants to.
Miss Olga Ilyinichna Tarasova
Phone number in Russia: +73412521806
Estates News Articles
Restaurant Review for
Compass Magazine in
Fo Guang Shan Teahouse
By Winston Wu
A spiritual experience in a spiritual atmosphere is how I
would describe the Teahouse located on the first floor in the Chiayi branch of
Fo Guang Shan, a famous reputable Buddhist organization headquartered in
Kaoshiung. Great for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike, this place has a
tranquil glowing atmosphere, spiritual music playing in the background, and an
environment so clean and spotless that you would think you were in
Article and Essay Index
Books and Ebooks
Happier Abroad: Why You Will Have A Better Love and Life Beyond America
Debunking PseudoSkeptical Arguments of Paranormal Debunkers
Debunking Christian Circular Arguments and Assumptions
Happier Abroad – Discover Global Dating, Expat Living and Freedom Beyond America
SCEPCOP – The Scientific Committee to Evaluate PseudoSkeptical Criticism of the Paranormal
Intellectual Expat Blog
Praises from Readers and Fans
About Me Page
Regarding Happier Abroad
Review of Winston’s Guide and Website
My Travel Dates Blog
Jamaican in China Blog – by Walt Goodridge
Blog Talk Radio Interview with Steve Roeder
Cyrus Kirkpatrick’s Blog
Asian PUA Review
The Asian Dating HQ
Russian Newspaper Article
Story about Winston in Antre Puse, a Lithuanian magazine about people (scanned images below)
Criticisms and Hit Pieces
Jezebel Hit Piece Articles
Nancy Lee critique on Asiance Magazine
Rebuttals to Jezebel’s hit pieces
Bernard Chapin on YouTube (Part 1 and 2)
Rex Patriarch Blog Article
Happier Abroad Forum Thread Reactions and Rebuttals
Wrong Planet Forum
Whitley Strieber Review, Unknown Country
James Donahue Review
Michael Prescott Blog Announcement
Michael Prescott Blog Announcement
Dean Radin Blog Announcement
Story in Atlantis Rising Magazine (full issue linked below, see page 24)
Skeptic Report Reference to Paul Sandoval’s Rebuttal
Paul Sandoval’s Rebuttal “A logical analysis of Winston Wu's anti-skeptic article”
Rational Wiki’s Entry
Struck By Lightning Blog
JREF Forum Thread Discussions
Bayani Mills Blog Critique
Web / Forum References to Winston Wu’s Debunking PseudoSkeptics Treatise
This work, which was the first of its kind back in 2001, gave me notoriety among the metaphysical community and was praised by reputable parapsychology researchers and authors. See their quotes and comments at:
Here are references, comments and citations about this noteworthy work of mine at these links and forum threads below:
http://www.skeptizismus.de/rhetorik.html (in German)
You can read the official rebuttal from the Organized Skeptics at http://www.skepticreport.com/resources/analysiswu.pdf
This work also led to my appearance on several radio shows:
– Ghostly Talk (www.ghostlytalk.com) regarding PseudoSkeptics and SCEPCOP
– Forbidden Truth by Michael Goodspeed (co-host of Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis in Portland and regular contributor to Jeff Rense (http://www.rense.com) regarding Skeptics and James Randi
– The Psychic Wisdom Radio Hour with David James (www.blogtalkradio.com/thespiritweaver) regarding SCEPCOP and PseudoSkeptics
Many of these interviews are archived or linked from this page: http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/interviews.php
The paranormal magazine Atlantis Rising did an article about me and SCEPCOP in their Sept 2009 issue. You can see it within this Portfolio here.
Below are some reviews of my treatise from the above links:
Story about me in Lithuanian magazine
Scanned copies of my story featured in the Lithuanian magazine Antra Puse (May 2005 issue) are below. For larger view, see the links above each image.
Russian news article about me, October 2004
Interviews with Winston Wu
10 Uncommon and Outstanding Things about Winston Wu