Malware Warning From Google?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Hook wrote:It probably is a banner ad that contained malware. This happens all the time. If you notice in the google report, it says the malware wasn't hosted on happierabroad.com. This means it was on some embedded content, so it is almost certainly a rouge ad.
No shit sherlock. But ask yourself WHY those kind of ads find their way to Winston's websites? BECAUSE THEY PAY MORE than ethical ads.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

odbo wrote:
Hook wrote:It probably is a banner ad that contained malware. This happens all the time. If you notice in the google report, it says the malware wasn't hosted on happierabroad.com. This means it was on some embedded content, so it is almost certainly a rouge ad.
No shit sherlock. But ask yourself WHY those kind of ads find their way to Winston's websites? BECAUSE THEY PAY MORE than ethical ads.
No reason to be rude.

I was simply pointing out that it wasn't likely an attack directly on the site like some people were saying (feminist hackers, or whatever). Hackers didn't get into happierabroad and inject malware thru that vector.

Website hijacking happens a lot too, so it wasn't immediately obvious which case it was.

Maybe you can calm down and be more pleasant.
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

BTW, the ad provider is Google Ads, which has a pretty good reputation for not allowing malware. I wonder how malware could be slipped into google ads.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Thanks all. I'll look into it and follow Google's guidelines on cleaning this site. I'll start by reuploading all the files for this site and asking my ISP to check their server for malware. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

odbo, dude, you ought to appreciate that I let you come back. Instead, you just trash me subjectively in bad taste. I've been fair and objective with everyone. If you don't appreciate that, then maybe I ought to not be fair anymore, and ban anyone annoying that I don't like, like everyone else does? What's the point of being fair if no one appreciates it? Sheesh.

Stop spreading lies, or I'll ban you again. FYI, I have not shown favoritism toward BAW. I just banned him temporarily too. Didn't you read about it in the announcement board?

You may be entertaining, but you are rude as hell. What gives you the right to tell someone what to do? Why should I make myself unhappy and do what I don't want, just cause you say so? Dummy.

What do you want me to do exactly, to appear perfect in your eyes? Why don't you look at yourself and improve yourself? You need a big lesson in humility. You don't even have self-control. After a cease fire was imposed on you and BAW, you immediately violated it. What kind of a spiritual freethinker as you? Sheesh.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

I'm against bullshit, that's the ONLY reason I am here. To talk with other MEN on how to rid our lives of bullshit behavior and thinking patterns.

You're only fooling yourself. How many more friends do you have to lose and how many more people do you have to piss off before you figure out YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. It's not normal to have this many enemies.

Do you even realize how many people in the last 4 years got infected with viruses by visiting this site!? Let's just say it's a considerable percentage. You call your content ground breaking and all that, well you're doing a good job keeping it guarded. Only an idiot would wade through viruses and spyware just to get to it. It's not like any of this is some distant memory, the last time people running Windows were getting infected was earlier this year.

As for your favoritism for BAW, I already addressed that. You have a lot in common. You both google yourself daily and are shameless self-promoters. 3 words, narcissist personality disorder.

When some thread on some forum was thrashing you, you would show up with "HI I'm Winston Wu! Creator of happierabroad.com I'm a huge pimp as you can see by these pictures of my gorgeous wife! P.S. Please buy my e-book on amazon for only $9.99!!"

example: http://expat.ru/forum/showthread.php?s= ... 799&page=2

and guess what? 3 years later I'm on one of many sites which are full of anglo men, and get a discussion about Misandry going. So one reader visits one of the links I post (boycottamericanwomen.blogspot.com) and guess what? That clown BAW would show up and hijack the thread with "Hi! I"m John Rambo creator of boycottamericanmen.blogspot.com Please buy my new book for only $9.99! P.S. Burn in hell American women!"

He would track-back any visitor to his site WITHIN MINUTES. Then he goes on here telling you that his blog is on autoscript and he threw out the password last year. Literally everything this guy has said was a lie, and you ban me?? What did I get banned for Winston, for being repeatedly being called an Anglo woman by him and not responding in like??

You and him are two sides of the same coin. You're both full of shit. I don't know who he lives off over there in Kathmandu, Nepal besides his wife, but I know who you live off of. Us! So act accordingly. Don't threaten me or any other of the respected members here you scumbag. You are our bitch. We don't need you, you need us.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

odbo,
What the f**k is your problem? You are clearly delusional. And you clearly have mental problems.

I never said I was an angel, only that I was honest and that I never BSed or lied. Everyone who knows me can attest to that.

No one who is sociable and mentally healthy has ever quit being my friend due to anything I did.

Yes this site has been infected before. But I took action to do all I could to fix the problem, and it was fixed. So why don't you give me credit for that, you asshole?

I've NEVER EVER shown up in a forum and said "HI I'm Winston Wu! Creator of happierabroad.com. Please buy my e-book on amazon for only $9.99!!"

That's total f***ing bullshit! When people talk about me in a forum, and I show up, I will usually post my article links, testimonials, video links, and research section to back up everything I say and claim and why this movement is truthful. NEVER do I show up in a forum and beg people to buy my ebook. Your link to Expat.ru forums does not show any post from me where I do that! Show me even one post on another forum where I promote my ebook on the first post. Just one! You can't, cause I don't do that. You just committed a BALD FACED LIE!

You are a f***ing liar, and just for that I am going to ban you again, for an indeterminate time, until I feel like it.

Are you deaf? I already explained to you that I banned you before for violating the cease fire rule, which BAW kept against you, but which you broke! So why do you now act like you have no idea why you were banned?

Anyway, it was too bad that you did not behave on your return here. I was hoping that you had shaped up. Instead, you just told a bald faced lie about me above. Too bad your return was short lived.

Audios again odbo. I would really urge you to do some meditation, self-reflection, get counseling, and practice humility and learn to listen more and be less judgmental. You have serious personality problems and have a lot to learn.
Last edited by Winston on May 20th, 2013, 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

Well Godaddy is not being cooperative this time. Last time I reported malware on my site, they scanned their servers and my site, for me. This time they said they can't do anything to change a customer account, and sent me an irrelevant form letter. WTF? What does that have to do with anything? When I reminded them that they scanned their server for me last time, they acted like they had no idea what I'm talking about, even though I have the emails from them to prove it. Weird.

I will continue to try to reason with them.

In the meantime, I found this clue in the Google Diagnostics:

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diag ... abroad.com
Of the 15 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 8 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-09-14, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-09-14.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including sokoloperkovuskeci.com/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS26496 (PAH), AS36351 (SOFTLAYER).
When I did a google search for sokoloperkovuskeci.com, I found a couple of hits where people said their pages were being redirected there.

http://www.google.com.ph/#sclient=psy-a ... 80&bih=674

I will research this and see if I can find a solution.

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

C'mon cut ODBO some slack, after-all he's an anti-MS guy. And by the way Apple users get stuff too, their just too snobbish to admit it.

Hey this is Winston's site and he makes money off it, so what? Maybe you should come up with a web site that people want to visit and monetize it.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Odbo, dont let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out :lol:

In all seriousness, there are a few really mentally unstable people on here. I guess that is usually true of most forums. :?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi guys,
Ok I'm trying to install a scanner that will scan my site for malware and track down the specific hack code and remove it, but I'm having some basic problems. I have no idea how to install it and the instructions don't make sense. Have a look:

http://iscanner.isecur1ty.org/

After I download that and unzip it, the files are not recognizable by windows. There are no installation files. All it says in the documentation is this.

http://iscanner.isecur1ty.org/documentation.html
Installation:

First of all make sure that Ruby is installed in your server.
# ruby -v

If Ruby wasn't installed, you can simply use yum package manager:
# yum install ruby

Or apt-get if you were using Ubuntu or any other Debian based distributions:
# apt-get install ruby

Otherwise you can download Ruby and install it on your machine from:
# http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/

iScanner doesn't require any external libraries and you don't need to install the program to be able to use it but we included installer you can use it to install and uninstall iScanner from your server using the following command:
# ./installer -i

This command will install iScanner in the default directory '/etc/iscanner' but you can change the installation directory using the '-d' option:
# ./installer -i -d /opt/iscanner

And easly uninstall iScanner by removing the the folder or using the following command:
# ./installer -u
But what the hell? Where are you supposed to type such commands? lol Especially since I can't even install the program. lol. How dumb.

The documentation says to install Ruby. So I do that.

http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/

But now I'm stuck cause again, the files I downloaded from Ruby are not recognizable and there are not installation files. There are no instructions other than weird commands listed, but they do not tell you where you are supposed to type such commands. LOL. Isn't that weird? How come some programmers don't have basic common sense? They give you stupid commands that look like they are meant to be typed in a command prompt, but they do not say exactly WHERE and WHAT to type such commands into.

Can anyone look at the links above, and tell me if I'm missing something?

Momopi?

Thanks.

polya
Junior Poster

This is a strange thread...

Post by polya »

Why would a thread like this get sooo many replies??? Just because google chrome says there's malware (probably in the google ads), isn't a big issue. Guess what - there's malware in most of the internet - most computers are infected with worms and tracking cookies anyway. You shouldn't be shocked, The internet will one day be attacked & destroyed like the world trade centre - see this card from the Illuminati New World Order Card Game, how did the inventor know -- in 1995 the internet would become as big as it was today??? (in 1995 I thought the internet was basically only good for email).

Anyway, I'll start a more serious thread & we can see if anyone replies.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It's not just Google Chrome, but anyone who finds this site through Google will see that warning before entering this site, which could deter them. That would be a huge loss of traffic here, since 60 percent of the visitors here come from Google search engine results. So it's a major issue.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It looks like Godaddy's servers may be the problem. According to Google Webmaster tools, the following URL's have redirected users to other sites:
Problematic URLs on http://www.happierabroad.com/ Last checked
/ - Details 9/13/11
/forum/ - Details 9/13/11
/ - Details 9/13/11
/ebook/Page94.htm - Details 9/14/11
/forum/ - Details 9/13/11
/forum/viewtopic.php?p=28445&sid=74f444d4b6d42ff7b67051d9f40e62ca - Details 9/14/11
/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10834 - Details 9/13/11
/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4703 - Details 9/14/11
Above that, it says:
General problem
Some of the URLs on this site redirect browsers to web pages that install malware. This indicates that the server(s) that host pages for this site may contain altered configuration files (such as Apache's .htaccess file).
When I click on the "Details" link, it says:
When Google last tested this page, no content was returned from your server. Instead, the browser was redirected to a malicious web page. It is likely that your server configuration has been modified.
Doesn't that indicate that it's Godaddy's servers that's the problem? But when I write them about it, they deny it and claim that the problem is on my end. Sheesh. What can I do? I'll have to show them a screen shot so that they have proof that the problem is on their end.

So you see odbo, this is not my fault. It's Godaddy's fault. So why do you keep blaming me? For a spiritual truth seeker, you are a VERY UNJUST person who falsely accuses. That's very bad you know!

Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

Winston wrote:Hi guys,
Ok I'm trying to install a scanner that will scan my site for malware and track down the specific hack code and remove it, but I'm having some basic problems. I have no idea how to install it and the instructions don't make sense. Have a look:

http://iscanner.isecur1ty.org/

After I download that and unzip it, the files are not recognizable by windows. There are no installation files. All it says in the documentation is this.

http://iscanner.isecur1ty.org/documentation.html
This thing your are trying to install is an installer for the Linux server that hosts the Apache web server. You can't run it on windows.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

At least Winston is getting his dick wet at the cost of my family computer being destroyed..