Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Taiwan Girls - The WORST personality! Closed, Cold, Soulless

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: What's Wrong With Taiwan Girls? Closed, Cold, Cliquish

Postby CerealKiller » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:38 am

El_Caudillo wrote:Just wondering what would get taiwan girls' attention. They aren't paying me any but i'm not sure ive seen other guys get much attention either. Im out the back of pacific sogo downtown taipei sitting on a bench. Tons of girls about some bordering on the modelesque but nobody interacting. All on phones including me. How much is a ticket to the Philippines again haha.


El_Caudillo,

From what I've read in your posts thus far, it would appear that flying to the Philippines would be your best course of action here.

In order to do well in Taiwan (or any developed Asian country for that matter) it's probably a good idea to be handsome, tall and a bit of a ladies man. If that's not you, you might still stand a chance, but you probably won't thrive.

You said it yourself: you get more attention back home in New Zealand, so why the heck are you still in Taiwan? Unless you have insane levels of yellow fever, which seems to be the case for a lot of White Guys in Asia™ ;)

Hope that helps.
User avatar
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:23 am







Re:

Postby CerealKiller » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:16 am

Winston wrote:Yeah but they are getting laid with ugly hags that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Come here. Let me take you to the night market with hundreds of hot girls with sexy legs. Let's see YOU approach any of them and try to breach their cold wall. I'll give you $200 if you can do it.

If you can't do it, then my point is proven.

So far, everyone has failed or been too scared. The cold wall is REAL. I am 100000000000 percent sure of it. And it makes approaching/flirting with them very uncomfortable.


Winston,

Challenge accepted. :) You can view my full response here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31612
User avatar
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:23 am

Re: What's Wrong With Taiwan Girls? Closed, Cold, Cliquish

Postby El_Caudillo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:00 pm

El_Caudillo,

From what I've read in your posts thus far, it would appear that flying to the Philippines would be your best course of action here.

In order to do well in Taiwan (or any developed Asian country for that matter) it's probably a good idea to be handsome, tall and a bit of a ladies man. If that's not you, you might still stand a chance, but you probably won't thrive.

You said it yourself: you get more attention back home in New Zealand, so why the heck are you still in Taiwan? Unless you have insane levels of yellow fever, which seems to be the case for a lot of White Guys in Asia™ ;)

Hope that helps.


Good advice, but right now my job here is bringing in cash I couldn't have a hope of making in the Philippines. Plus chicks aren't the be all and end all. Taiwan is actually the most pleasant place I have lived in Asia. Taipei is not too busy, except on weekends, but I don't work weekends and nature is easily accesible. I also like the med insurance, the residence card, having my own apart downtown, the independence of the job, the fact they speak a language I've studied for years...but the Philippines for holiday? Hell yea.
User avatar
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: What's Wrong With Taiwan Girls? Closed, Cold, Cliquish

Postby El_Caudillo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:06 pm

You can get a ticket to the Philippines for $25 if you book a few weeks in advance. Otherwise, there are plenty of $50 tickets too. Usually between 1000 pesos to 3000 pesos. Do a fare search here:

http://www.cebupacificair.com

You should visit me in Angeles City! We would have a blast every night! You'll feel like you're in adult disneyland. Very surreal.

Btw, the Taiwanese girls on OkCupid.com or POF.com should be looking for white guys. Have you written them there yet?


Winston, I'm interested in coming to the Philippines, climbing a few volcanoes and checking out some provincial cities. You are welcome to join. I don't think Angeles would be good for my soul - I'm sure I'd do a lot of P4P there or semi-P4P, that always gets me down. In fact it's been many years since I got involved in that scene (minus a few massage parlours). That said I get you - I'm sure there is something in the Philippines which can awaken my passion and enthusiasm that Taiwan can't. I do see Taiwan's good points though - if I say to myself this weekend I'll go do some cycling or climb a mountain and follow through it's always worth it. I meet people too, they just ain't sexy chicks haha.
Last edited by El_Caudillo on Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: What's Wrong With Taiwan Girls? Closed, Cold, Cliquish

Postby Rock » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:24 pm

El_Caudillo wrote:
El_Caudillo,

From what I've read in your posts thus far, it would appear that flying to the Philippines would be your best course of action here.

In order to do well in Taiwan (or any developed Asian country for that matter) it's probably a good idea to be handsome, tall and a bit of a ladies man. If that's not you, you might still stand a chance, but you probably won't thrive.

You said it yourself: you get more attention back home in New Zealand, so why the heck are you still in Taiwan? Unless you have insane levels of yellow fever, which seems to be the case for a lot of White Guys in Asia™ ;)

Hope that helps.


Good advice, but right now my job here is bringing in cash I couldn't have a hope of making in the Philippines. Plus chicks aren't the be all and end all. Taiwan is actually the most pleasant place I have lived in Asia. Taipei is not too busy, except on weekends, but I don't work weekends and nature is easily accesible. I also like the med insurance, the residence card, having my own apart downtown, the independence of the job, the fact they speak a language I've studied for years...but the Philippines for holiday? Hell yea.


I'm on your same page here (bold). The main 2 factors which hinder Taipei as an ideal low cost Asian living environment IMO are the masses of noisy 2 stroke scooters (they should go electric like so many cities in China) and the abundance of rain. Other than that, it's almost utopian like for someone who already has the gf/wife situation handled.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: What's Wrong With Taiwan Girls? Closed, Cold, Cliquish

Postby Falcon » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:15 am

And for your information, here's an interesting Q&A:

Why Taiwan's single people are a national security threat
http://www.dw.com/en/why-taiwans-single-people-are-a-national-security-threat/a-18617944

At 1.1, Taiwan's fertility rate is actually even lower than Japan's, which is around 1.4.
It's already happening. That's why you see so many Indonesian caregivers pushing A-gong's and A-ma's around in wheelchairs, especially in Taipei.
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: What's Wrong With Taiwan Girls? Closed, Cold, Cliquish

Postby Falcon » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:21 am

Lydia: 'Mr. Right is out there, I just haven't met him yet.'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J63zS8xO8MY

Lydia is fed up with being single. But finding a boyfriend isn't easy: "There are no good guys", she says. Experts say Taiwanese women are "too well-educated, too successful". But Lydia will keep searching for Mr Right.
More on http://dw.com/lifelinks


Also discussed in another forum here.
http://forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=152500
Falcon
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 pm

Re: What's Wrong With Taiwan Girls? Closed, Cold, Cliquish

Postby Adama » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:43 pm

So much for their superiority. Stuck up? Cold? Sounds superior to me. People ran away from American women for those reasons though.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3949
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: What's Wrong With Taiwan Girls? Closed, Cold, Cliquish

Postby Winston » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:37 pm

More problems with Taiwan girls:

1. There is something weird and off about their vibe. They are very indirect, reserved, fake, narrow and politically correct. So if you are very genuine and straightforward and too honest, you won't vibe with them or connect with them. Its weird but that's how i can best describe it.

2. You cant even joke with them or make them laugh. Or charm them with humor. They have no sense of humor and are too serious, cold and rigid. Not like other foreign women. You cant talk to them like you do with filipino girls. Even though filipino girls are more simple, you can talk to them a long time easily about anything, even if you just whisper sweet nothings in their ears for hours. They will still blush and giggle. But Taiwanese girls are too cold, uptight and serious. And narrow minded as well, which they will admit if you ask them. I see no logical or simple way to connect with them.

3. Furthermore they seem very negative and judgmental as well, in that they dislike people easily for trivial reasons even if they did nothing wrong. The ironic thing is that even though they are negative people, they only like to hear positive things. They hate hearing anything negative and are strict about political correctness. So why would negative women dislike hearing negative things? Lol. Seems like an oxymoron. Am i missing something here?

None of my forum members married a Taiwanese woman, since we are freethinkers and freethinkers connect with Taiwanese the least. None of us are on their wavelength. If you're a freethinker you will have the hardest time fitting into Taiwan, since its a culture of zombies, drones, and political correctness.

4. Another sad thing I noticed is that truth and honesty has no value to Taiwanese women. They are seen as negative traits. No woman in Taiwan is gonna admire or appreciate a man for his honesty or truthfulness or genuineness. No way jose. Those things make Taiwanese women uncomfortable. They expect you to only say whatever is popular and politically correct. Very weird and upside down.

Zboy1 told me that Taiwan is the only country in Asia that he got a negative vibe from. Even Korea and Japan dont have the negative vibe that Taiwan does. I told him that since hes only been to Taipei, to come down to Chiayi because the vibe there is 10 times worse. I cant even go to the grocery store in Chiayi without feeling depleted and depressed that i cant vibe with anybody. The thing is, when you're in a country with a negative vibe, it makes you feel insecure and weak. That really sucks. And women will dislike you for no reason other than just because. Probably because you don't fit into the negative vibe. Lol. In contrast, in other countries i feel much more strong and confident.

5. Another thing I noticed is that Taipei girls are hypocritical teases. They always wear skimpy short skirts and short pants that show off their asses and legs and smooth skin, yet they don't want to attract men or strangers and don't want to be touched. So why tempt everyone and get everyone's attention by dressing like sluts? That's hypocritical and mean, like they get off on teasing guys and being all look but no touch. Do they just enjoy getting stares? If so, why don't they want to meet any strangers or guys? Why get their attention then? Stupid hypocrites and teases.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23617
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: What's Wrong With Taiwan Girls? Closed, Cold, Cliquish

Postby Winston » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:08 pm

Rock wrote:
El_Caudillo wrote:
El_Caudillo,

From what I've read in your posts thus far, it would appear that flying to the Philippines would be your best course of action here.

In order to do well in Taiwan (or any developed Asian country for that matter) it's probably a good idea to be handsome, tall and a bit of a ladies man. If that's not you, you might still stand a chance, but you probably won't thrive.

You said it yourself: you get more attention back home in New Zealand, so why the heck are you still in Taiwan? Unless you have insane levels of yellow fever, which seems to be the case for a lot of White Guys in Asia™ ;)

Hope that helps.


Good advice, but right now my job here is bringing in cash I couldn't have a hope of making in the Philippines. Plus chicks aren't the be all and end all. Taiwan is actually the most pleasant place I have lived in Asia. Taipei is not too busy, except on weekends, but I don't work weekends and nature is easily accesible. I also like the med insurance, the residence card, having my own apart downtown, the independence of the job, the fact they speak a language I've studied for years...but the Philippines for holiday? Hell yea.


I'm on your same page here (bold). The main 2 factors which hinder Taipei as an ideal low cost Asian living environment IMO are the masses of noisy 2 stroke scooters (they should go electric like so many cities in China) and the abundance of rain. Other than that, it's almost utopian like for someone who already has the gf/wife situation handled.


Taipei may be clean, safe, sterile and convenient, but I don't think it's that great compared to Shenzhen. I was just there and it only has one small city park. Rock and I went to it too. The city park there is so small that it's even smaller than Chiayi's city park. I was shocked. LOL

All the bigger parks are outside of Taipei city. Even in Shenzhen, China, there are several HUGE parks with big lakes in them. I was surprised Taipei has nothing like that.

Also, Shenzhen has many restaurants open all night. You can see lots of people eating there at 2 or 3am even. You don't see that in Taipei. Even small cities in China have lots of restaurants open all night long with lots of people eating in them. Plus, the restaurant menus in China are much bigger. They have 10 to 15 pages in them, so you get a lot of choices. But in Taiwan the restaurant menus are only 1, 2 or 3 pages, at least for local Taiwanese food.

Another interesting thing: The hotels in Taipei make you check out at 12pm, just like hotels in California do. But in China, many if not most hotels let you check out at 2pm, so they are more generous about that kind of thing.

Plus, Taipei has a negative vibe too. Zboy1 told me that Taiwan is the only country in Asia he got a negative vibe from. Even Japan and Korea did not give him a negative vibe the way Taiwan did. So he and I are on the same page in terms of the energies and vibes that we feel.

To me, negative vibes are like kryptonite to Superman. They don't make me feel good about myself. They try to make me weak and insecure. Even going to the grocery store is an energy depleting experience with bad vibes.

In contrast, countries with good vibes like Russia, make me feel very strong and confident. See what I mean at the music video of me below in Russia. As you can see, in that music video of me, set to the song "Le Disko", my face and body language look very strong, confident, happy, vibrant and free. You will NEVER see me look like that in Taiwan or America, no way. This speaks volumes that vibes and location are everything.

http://www.happierabroad.com/videos.php#MusicVideos

In addition, if you look at my photos in the Philippines vs. in Taiwan, you will also see that I look a lot more happy, free and vibrant in the Philippines, like I can be myself whereas in Taiwan I cannot.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23617
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: What's Wrong With Taiwan Girls? Closed, Cold, Cliquish

Postby Rock » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:52 am

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:
El_Caudillo wrote:
El_Caudillo,

From what I've read in your posts thus far, it would appear that flying to the Philippines would be your best course of action here.

In order to do well in Taiwan (or any developed Asian country for that matter) it's probably a good idea to be handsome, tall and a bit of a ladies man. If that's not you, you might still stand a chance, but you probably won't thrive.

You said it yourself: you get more attention back home in New Zealand, so why the heck are you still in Taiwan? Unless you have insane levels of yellow fever, which seems to be the case for a lot of White Guys in Asia™ ;)

Hope that helps.


Good advice, but right now my job here is bringing in cash I couldn't have a hope of making in the Philippines. Plus chicks aren't the be all and end all. Taiwan is actually the most pleasant place I have lived in Asia. Taipei is not too busy, except on weekends, but I don't work weekends and nature is easily accesible. I also like the med insurance, the residence card, having my own apart downtown, the independence of the job, the fact they speak a language I've studied for years...but the Philippines for holiday? Hell yea.


I'm on your same page here (bold). The main 2 factors which hinder Taipei as an ideal low cost Asian living environment IMO are the masses of noisy 2 stroke scooters (they should go electric like so many cities in China) and the abundance of rain. Other than that, it's almost utopian like for someone who already has the gf/wife situation handled.


Taipei may be clean, safe, sterile and convenient, but I don't think it's that great compared to Shenzhen. I was just there and it only has one small city park. Rock and I went to it too. The city park there is so small that it's even smaller than Chiayi's city park. I was shocked. LOL

All the bigger parks are outside of Taipei city. Even in Shenzhen, China, there are several HUGE parks with big lakes in them. I was surprised Taipei has nothing like that.

Also, Shenzhen has many restaurants open all night. You can see lots of people eating there at 2 or 3am even. You don't see that in Taipei. Even small cities in China have lots of restaurants open all night long with lots of people eating in them. Plus, the restaurant menus in China are much bigger. They have 10 to 15 pages in them, so you get a lot of choices. But in Taiwan the restaurant menus are only 1, 2 or 3 pages, at least for local Taiwanese food.

Another interesting thing: The hotels in Taipei make you check out at 12pm, just like hotels in California do. But in China, many if not most hotels let you check out at 2pm, so they are more generous about that kind of thing.

Plus, Taipei has a negative vibe too. Zboy1 told me that Taiwan is the only country in Asia he got a negative vibe from. Even Japan and Korea did not give him a negative vibe the way Taiwan did. So he and I are on the same page in terms of the energies and vibes that we feel.

To me, negative vibes are like kryptonite to Superman. They don't make me feel good about myself. They try to make me weak and insecure. Even going to the grocery store is an energy depleting experience with bad vibes.

In contrast, countries with good vibes like Russia, make me feel very strong and confident. See what I mean at the music video of me below in Russia. As you can see, in that music video of me, set to the song "Le Disko", my face and body language look very strong, confident, happy, vibrant and free. You will NEVER see me look like that in Taiwan or America, no way. This speaks volumes that vibes and location are everything.

http://www.happierabroad.com/videos.php#MusicVideos

In addition, if you look at my photos in the Philippines vs. in Taiwan, you will also see that I look a lot more happy, free and vibrant in the Philippines, like I can be myself whereas in Taiwan I cannot.


Taipei has more parks by far than anywhere else in Taiwan. Do you really think you saw all there was to see in your short visit? Not even close. Besides the parks, some other areas like National Taiwan University function as defacto huge parks complete with gyms, swimming pools, and 400 meter running tracks. Check out some of these parks in the following link. I see Chiayi only has two by the way lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_parks_in_Taiwan

Why is it that in Shenzhen, even the tourism desk in train station area can't give me proper directions to some hotel cus they don't know exactly where it is and when they ask others they get conflicting answers. Why is it in Shenzhen some people are so low as to steal an umbrella? Why is it that in Shenzhen I have a hard time finding a decent resto that I like? Why is it in Shenzhen the hotel wifi sucks (Seven Days Inn) and I can't access some of my favorite frequent sites like Google, Youtube, and Facebook? Why is it in Shenzhen I can't find a running track within a 3 km vicinity when I wanna run at night nor are gyms easy to find? Why is it in Shenzhen I sometimes get rude taxi drivers who make speaker phone calls to their friends while yelling back and forth and ignoring me and also who don't speak proper Mandarin? Why is it in the Shenzhen MRT I sometimes see idiots sitting on the floor with dirty soiled clothes? Why are people there in general so bad at giving directions? I hated the Luohu area and Shekou though more sanitary and user friendly is overall not much better.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: What's Wrong With Taiwan Girls? Closed, Cold, Cliquish

Postby The_Adventurer » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:55 am

Rock wrote:Why is it in Shenzhen the hotel wifi sucks (Seven Days Inn) and I can't access some of my favorite frequent sites like Google, Youtube, and Facebook?


That's all of China. Not just Shenzhen. If you do any kind of internet business, and you are not focused specifically on the mainland China market, China is the last place you want to be. The three tools you mention above are absolutely essential to marketing any kind of internet business, and the lack of them in China will have a massive effect on your bottom line.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
User avatar
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Re: What's Wrong With Taiwan Girls? Closed, Cold, Cliquish

Postby Winston » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:20 am

El_Caudillo wrote:
You can get a ticket to the Philippines for $25 if you book a few weeks in advance. Otherwise, there are plenty of $50 tickets too. Usually between 1000 pesos to 3000 pesos. Do a fare search here:

http://www.cebupacificair.com

You should visit me in Angeles City! We would have a blast every night! You'll feel like you're in adult disneyland. Very surreal.

Btw, the Taiwanese girls on OkCupid.com or POF.com should be looking for white guys. Have you written them there yet?


Winston, I'm interested in coming to the Philippines, climbing a few volcanoes and checking out some provincial cities. You are welcome to join. I don't think Angeles would be good for my soul - I'm sure I'd do a lot of P4P there or semi-P4P, that always gets me down. In fact it's been many years since I got involved in that scene (minus a few massage parlours). That said I get you - I'm sure there is something in the Philippines which can awaken my passion and enthusiasm that Taiwan can't. I do see Taiwan's good points though - if I say to myself this weekend I'll go do some cycling or climb a mountain and follow through it's always worth it. I meet people too, they just ain't sexy chicks haha.


Cool. I've never been to Mt. Pinatubo though. You have to join a tour to get up there, unless you have a jeep or 4x4. The tour is pricey so you gotta split the cost with others. Rock went up there once. He can tell you more about it.

Well Angeles is fun and makes you happy. It has a great vibe that relaxes and soothes you. It makes you feel good. And the women have such an open vibe, one that doesn't exist in Taiwan at all. Once you get used to it, you can never readjust to Taiwan again. Kind of like if you were given Superman's powers for a week, you could never get used to being an ordinary mortal again. Or if you became a billionaire for a week, you could never get used to being poor again. lol. In fact, our forum member Billy is still there and has been for years. And Ladislav our forum advisor, is there now and says it makes all the negatives in the Philippines worth it. It has a very positive vibe that is unusual for Asia. So it's not just the p4p there. There's a warmness there that you can't get in other places. You gotta experience it to know what I mean.

But if you want to avoid Angeles, we can go up to Manila and Makati and Rock will show us around. We can check out Cebu too. When do you have time off from work?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23617
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: What's Wrong With Taiwan Girls? Closed, Cold, Cliquish

Postby Winston » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:36 am

Rock wrote:Taipei has more parks by far than anywhere else in Taiwan. Do you really think you saw all there was to see in your short visit? Not even close. Besides the parks, some other areas like National Taiwan University function as defacto huge parks complete with gyms, swimming pools, and 400 meter running tracks. Check out some of these parks in the following link. I see Chiayi only has two by the way lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_parks_in_Taiwan

Why is it that in Shenzhen, even the tourism desk in train station area can't give me proper directions to some hotel cus they don't know exactly where it is and when they ask others they get conflicting answers. Why is it in Shenzhen some people are so low as to steal an umbrella? Why is it that in Shenzhen I have a hard time finding a decent resto that I like? Why is it in Shenzhen the hotel wifi sucks (Seven Days Inn) and I can't access some of my favorite frequent sites like Google, Youtube, and Facebook? Why is it in Shenzhen I can't find a running track within a 3 km vicinity when I wanna run at night nor are gyms easy to find? Why is it in Shenzhen I sometimes get rude taxi drivers who make speaker phone calls to their friends while yelling back and forth and ignoring me and also who don't speak proper Mandarin? Why is it in the Shenzhen MRT I sometimes see idiots sitting on the floor with dirty soiled clothes? Why are people there in general so bad at giving directions? I hated the Luohu area and Shekou though more sanitary and user friendly is overall not much better.


That's not true at all Rock. Yesterday in Taipei I held a CITY MAP in my hand. There were no big parks at all on it. Only the small one we went to, and another one up north that was also small but had flower gardens. Nothing anywhere near the size of the parks in Shenzhen. I gave the map to my dad and he said that's all the parks there are in Taipei. I was shocked. I never seen a major city in the world with such a tiny park. All the bigger parks that I went to before in Taiwan, were OUTSIDE the city, Rock, NOT INSIDE the city. University campuses don't count. We are talking about normal city parks with trees, grass and lakes. Even Fremont, CA has a nicer park than Taipei! LOL

Here's the proof:

http://conf.ncku.edu.tw/isb2007/map_Taipei.jpg

Image

As you can see, only tiny parks. Even Chiayi's main park is larger and has a forest and arboretum. I'm shocked Taipei's parks are smaller than Chiayi's, even though Taipei is the capitol city! WTF? LOL

As for all the stuff you listed about Shenzhen, you must have gone to a different Shenzhen man. When I was there, it was mostly a clean nice modern convenient safe city. Me and some guys walked around late at night and it was very safe too. Everything was convenient too.

Shenzhen easily beats Taipei for food man. There are a LOT more restaurants everywhere. WAY MORE. Ethan_sg showed me some great delicious ones. You can ask Zboy1. Zboy1, me and Ethan_sg went to some restaurants in Shenzhen that were superb yet cheap. Where were you Rock???!!! LOL. Even the mall food court at KK Mall in Shenzhen has excellent food, very delicious! I loved it! Where were you man?! LOL

And like I said, the restaurant menus in Shenzhen are MUCH BIGGER than in Taiwan. They are like 10 to 15 pages. LOTS of food choices. Most Taiwanese menus I've seen are only 1 or 2 pages. Very tiny in comparison. Ethan_sg and I went out to eat a lot and he can testify to this too.

Yes it's true that Shenzhen people aren't as good at giving directions. And the taxi drivers don't know all the streets. But that's because Shenzhen is much larger than Taipei man. Think about it. But regardless, every place has its cons, and these are minor inconveniences. So what? As long as my social life and dating life are better, that's what matters most.

You can ask Ethan_sg. He and I met many girls in Shenzhen that are educated, down to earth, and have a NICE POSITIVE vibe. We could relax and be ourselves with them.

You exaggerate the negatives Rock. Sure I saw some of them too, but not to the degree you did. You get used to them after a while and tune them out. Overall, Shenzhen is mostly clean, very safe, very convenient, has a lot more food choices than Taipei for sure, and many restaurants are open all night with lots of people in them, even at 3am.

As for internet restrictions, we discussed that before. You gotta use a VPN in China. It only costs 10 dollars a month. You can use mine if you want. I'll give you the login and password and client to download. :p
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23617
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: What's Wrong With Taiwan Girls? Closed, Cold, Cliquish

Postby Rock » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:57 am

You've cut off a huge part of Taipei with this map - most of National Taiwan University, Neihu, Zhongshan N. Rd., Tienmu, and all of New Taipei City. If you are gonna talk about greater Shenzhen, than compare to greater Taipei, not just the most central part of old city.

And where is the scale on your map so we can gauges sizes? Even in Central Taipei, you've got Dazhi Riverside Park, Xinsheng Park, Youth Park, in addition to Daan Forest Park plus CKS Memorial area all of which have nice amounts of area. That's impressive for such a central part of a very densely populated city. Why don't you put up a map of Chiayi so we can see all the great parks you are talking about there too?

If you expand out to suburbs, it gets a lot better. There are some awesome bike trails and parks which run from Guandu to Danshui along the Danshui River and pass right through central Taipei in Gongguan (National Taipei University area). You really haven't seen Taipei my friend. There is so many healthy, easy, and cheap things to do when it doesn't rain.

For a guy like me, Shenzhen is not pleasant, user friendly, nor easy to do what I wanna do. Maybe if you are sedentary guy who just eats a lot and is not picky about local food, goes at slow pace, and doesn't mind taking long bus or MRT rides to get places, it's ok. But if you wanna do anything, it's low on my list of Asian cities. Taipei has gyms galore, even 24 hours ones and the parks are easy to find. By the way, you didn't even see all of Daan Forest Park as we did not walk from one end to other but only went part way. It's smack dab in city center just like Central Park is in Manhattan. Go to Neihu, go to Yangming Mountain, go to Shilin, Tienmu, etc. There is lots of nice parks and beautiful nature all within 30 minute MRT ride. You can go a bit further and hit Wulai (which also has hotsprings and aboriginal culture), Tanshui, Jinshan, or Yilan. Ask El Cuadillo which place is more pleasant for people into nature, hiking, and exercise.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests