Banning and Warning Announcements

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
MarcosZeitola

Re: Banning and Warning Announcements

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Voyager1 wrote:
August 5th, 2023, 7:30 am
PAG was antagonizing forum members in that he as a black man has wealth and is able to get white women and that we are all losers and incels and unable to. He rubbed our noses in it.
The "wealth" part is debatable. Sure he got his share of prostitutes, some more attractive than others, but any fool can rent a hoe and pose for some pics with bar girls... the reason he was banned is because he actually posted the picture of a forum member's wife and then added some faceless lingerie pictures to insinuate the member's wife was sending him suggestive photos of herself... that's well beyond merely "antagonizing a forum member" and goes into creepy obsessive weirdo territory. At that point no sane man would advocate for PAG's continued existence on this forum. He's filth, plain and simple. Good riddance, @Pixel--Dude.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
August 5th, 2023, 8:21 am
The thing that you're suggesting would be too impractical I think. Sometimes banning someone permanently is the best and only viable solution. If you think PAG should stay you can make an appeal for him if you like.
I disagree that what I am suggesting is impractical. You are already doing it for new members. 3 approved posts then the new member's posts go live.

This type of moderation would only apply to 2-3 problem users. Once PAG sees that his comments are not being posted he would finally give up and get discouraged. Then possibly he would only post constructive material that might benefit the forum.

Not everything he said was worthless. He even insulted me from time to time. I am not defending him.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@Pixel--Dude

Good riddance, but he will be back with a different account. He is too narcissistic and obsessed with members of this website.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
August 5th, 2023, 11:07 am
@Pixel--Dude
Good riddance, but he will be back with a different account. He is too narcissistic and obsessed with members of this website.
He is already back, check out the shoutbox.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Voyager1 wrote:
August 5th, 2023, 7:30 am
PAG was antagonizing forum members in that he as a black man has wealth and is able to get white women and that we are all losers and incels and unable to. He rubbed our noses in it.

He did however contribute some interesting insights that some members found valuable.

I don't understand why you have to permanently ban someone (unless it is a spammer). Isn't there a setting where you can put a user's posts on approval? In other words the moderator would have to approve the post before it goes live to the forum. Just like new members.
I do not remember even one comment from PAG which was valuable. All what I see since years is nonsense by PAG + his sockpuppets.

BTW, all what PAG is publishing in his own webpages about HappierAbroad and certain members including Winston is already reason enough not to allow him to post anything on this forum.

https://culturewhiz.org/forum/topic/wha ... manosphere

https://culturewhiz.org/users/yohan

https://culturewhiz.org/users/marcoszeitola

https://culturewhiz.org/users/winstonwu
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Voyager1 wrote:
August 5th, 2023, 9:37 am
I disagree that what I am suggesting is impractical. You are already doing it for new members. 3 approved posts then the new member's posts go live.

This type of moderation would only apply to 2-3 problem users. Once PAG sees that his comments are not being posted he would finally give up and get discouraged. Then possibly he would only post constructive material that might benefit the forum.

Not everything he said was worthless. He even insulted me from time to time. I am not defending him.
I think PAG knows how to write 2 or 3 harmless posts, maybe generic replies to existing threads and posts. Then when he is free to post without moderation, he starts again with his CultureJizz spammy articles, the braggadocio about his superior intellect and sexual prowess, his shenanigans with lower-than-average Thai prostitutes.

Let's not forget who he is: a pathological narcissist whose only reason to be here is to pretend, to himself (certainly not to us!), that he is the hot shit. In any other moderated forum, the MAC address of every computer he uses would be banned. Not this one.

I can see the argument, allegedly attributed to Rock (BTW, why does he never come here to say things first hand?), that he is "entertaining". Problem is, entertainment is something that needs to be desired, or expected, or at least negotiated among all parties involved.

Flame wars can be entertaining. I recently caught up with some pretty epic exchanges between Hypermak and Contrarian Expatriate. Pages and pages of well crafted insults and pranks. Surely those 2 guys had a lot of free time in their hands. Still, I had the impression that we had two adults, mutually aware of what they were doing, exchanging fierce words, everybody else's amusement being a, perhaps welcome, collateral.

With PAG, where's the reciprocity? Nobody wants to stand on the receiving end of some genuine doxxing. In my case, this pathetic loser got hold or 2 or 3 photos of me and my wife, one of which is of my wife, and he keeps posting them to try and piss me off. In some other cases I let it slip, but there comes the time where even a harmless fly becomes annoying. So it's time to squash it.

By the same token, nobody wants to second his delusions. He is in Japan but all he can post is Thai prostitutes. He takes photos of himself next to some petite Thai lady, where it's more than obvious that he can't be taller than 1.70m. Then he doesn't want to face the music when somebody, anybody, points it out.

It looks like he wants to engage and indulge in his delusions, yet he is not prepared to have his BS and lies exposed, in the most obvious possible way.

If the guy wasn't so self-centered and ill-meaning, I would probably pity him and his fragile mental state. Like @Yohan said in another post, he really needs to invest his spare cash on a psychiatrist, instead of nurturing his delusions on a fringe forum.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

publicduende wrote:
August 5th, 2023, 8:33 pm
I think PAG knows how to write 2 or 3 harmless posts, maybe generic replies to existing threads and posts. Then when he is free to post without moderation, he starts again with his CultureJizz spammy articles, the braggadocio about his superior intellect and sexual prowess, his shenanigans with lower-than-average Thai prostitutes.
Under my plan that would never happen. He would NEVER be free to post without moderation. His posts would be on approval in perpetuity FOREVER.

Are you not getting what I am saying?

PD says the work would be too cumbersome and impractical. I disagree. Moderators are already having to approve new members posts. PAG and other problem users (Mercer?) would be treated like new members always, their posts having to be approved before going live.

This would solve the problem. @Winston @fschmidt @jamesbond what do you think?
MarcosZeitola

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Voyager1 wrote:
August 6th, 2023, 5:08 am
Under my plan that would never happen. He would NEVER be free to post without moderation. His posts would be on approval in perpetuity FOREVER.

PD says the work would be too cumbersome and impractical. I disagree. Moderators are already having to approve new members posts. PAG and other problem users (Mercer?) would be treated like new members always, their posts having to be approved before going live.

Could you explain to us what value there is in PAG that we are missing out on? Because I seriously haven't seen him post a single insightful thing, ever. If he has, surely you should be able to share with us some examples.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

MZ, maybe they are of no value at all. I am not going to debate that here. Some members such as Tsar find them insightful and informative. In fact Tsar put PAG on a pedestal calling him King.

I don't think someone should be banned on the basis of whether their posts are of value or not.

Again my proposal is to let PAG come back but his posts have to be approved before going live. Believe me he will post much less and not be able to make trouble.
MarcosZeitola

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Voyager1 wrote:
August 6th, 2023, 5:19 am
MZ, maybe they are of no value at all. I am not going to debate that here.
It's a fair question to ask because you brought it up.
Voyager1 wrote:
Some members such as Tsar find them insightful and informative. In fact Tsar put PAG on a pedestal calling him King.
Tsar was baiting him.
Voyager1 wrote:
I don't think someone should be banned on the basis of whether their posts are of value or not.
Which isn't the reason he was banned; he was banned because he doxxed a fellow member of the site and his wife. That's way below-the-belt behavior and unacceptable.

Anyway you mentioned some of his posts being "insightful". Kindly elaborate, because I am genuinely curious. You brought it up. Maybe I missed some "insight" offered up by PAG in his decade-long streak of trolling the forum, so I'd be interested to hear your take on it.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Voyager1 wrote:
August 6th, 2023, 5:08 am

Look, @Voyager1, I know where you're coming from and I know you have good intentions. You say "his" posts, but how can the Mods know whether it's "him", until he reverts to his usual CultureJizz stuff, BS and new photo sets? They would need to moderate every single post from every single member.

True, HA is not the sort of forum thatg gets thousands of new members a day. Yet, for one or two active Mods who work on a best-effort, voluntary basis, it might be a bit too much. @Pixel--Dude what do you think? Do you think having uncapped moderation to minimise the chance a PAG troll will be back, a good solution?
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

publicduende wrote:
August 6th, 2023, 5:59 am
Look, @Voyager1, I know where you're coming from and I know you have good intentions. You say "his" posts, but how can the Mods know whether it's "him", until he reverts to his usual CultureJizz stuff, BS and new photo sets? They would need to moderate every single post from every single member.
That wouldn't happen because he would be invited back under his username @GerardButler. He would be welcome to post but each of his posts would be subject to moderation.

"They would need to moderate every single post from every single member" - false. Only specific problematic members. There are just a handful of them.

As I said most of his posts would not get approved so he would get discouraged and give up seeing his posts not going up.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Voyager1 wrote:
August 6th, 2023, 6:20 am
That wouldn't happen because he would be invited back under his username @GerardButler. He would be welcome to post but each of his posts would be subject to moderation.

"They would need to moderate every single post from every single member" - false. Only specific problematic members. There are just a handful of them.

As I said most of his posts would not get approved so he would get discouraged and give up seeing his posts not going up.
It doesn't really work like that. What incentive has PAG to be back as GerardButler, when he could create a dozen other aliases and have the "2-3 posts before unmoderated" rule apply to them?

The only alternative would be to do what Winston, JamesBond and Pixel-Dude have been doing for the past years. Ban him, then give him a break. Then the next time he gets to go abroad, he finds his "amazing" life story worth creating another account and crack on with it.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
August 6th, 2023, 5:37 am

Anyway you mentioned some of his posts being "insightful". Kindly elaborate, because I am genuinely curious. You brought it up. Maybe I missed some "insight" offered up by PAG in his decade-long streak of trolling the forum, so I'd be interested to hear your take on it.
Depends on whether you think Nietzschean philosophy is insightful. He's ladled out a lot of that here, seems to have a fairly sophisticated grasp of it, and a lot of the braggadocio and insults can be taken as Nietzschean theater. He's also been harping on the microbiome as the main source of disease for years, maybe even a little longer than it's been front and center in the health world. I don't know for sure about the timing there, but he's the first one who brought it to my attention.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@publicduende
@gsjackson
@Pixel--Dude
@MarcosZeitola
@Yohan

PAG is just a frustrated black hobbit with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
I bet he is spending all of his salary or money he doesn't really have to show off to bunch of random people on a fringe forum on the internet.
I think he works in University movers but he is not a CEO or owner there, he is just a mover.
Real Millionaires doesn't show off their wealth and pretend to be everyone else.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!