India and its various regions

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

India and its various regions

Post by Lucas88 »

I've not seen much content about India on this forum.

India is civilization which fascinates me not only for its vibrant culture and diversity but also more precisely for its sheer antiquity. India has an unbroken cultural tradition which goes back more than four millennia and is considerably older than the likes of Greece and Rome. It is home to the oldest living religion "Hinduism", or more correctly Sanatana Dharma, and to this day preserves a wealth of ancient knowledge pertaining to spirituality from Yoga poses to Prana exercises and Tantric practices. India is also the birthplace of Sanskrit, the oldest Indo-European language and, according to many, an incredibly rich and scientific language, and produced a prolific intellectual culture which made significant advancements in philosophy, mathematics and various other fields. Unfortunately today India is a shell of its former glory, having being invaded by the Mughals and then colonized by the British, yet it is currently undergoing rapid modernization and might even emerge as a superpower.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fervent Hispanophile and consider Latin America my favorite region and culture, but as attractive and vibrant as they are those countries are still relatively new creations and therefore lack the multimillennial history and cultural maturity of the likes of India. Experiencing a culture that ancient must be absolutely fascinating.

I myself don't have any plans to relocate to India or any of its former territories. Spain and Latin America are my adopted home. I might visit India some time. I know that @Pixel--Dude wants to visit a Shiva temple after encountering the Hindu god Shiva during a psychedelic experience. Maybe we could visit one in Tamil Nadu in the near future.

I wanted to make this thread for us to discuss India's various regions and cultures, languages, ethnic phenotypes, women, etc.

Here is a post from an anonymous user about India's different regional stereotypes which I found on Quora:
It really depends upon who you are, What part of India you come from and above all where are you currently located. Ethnicity may at times merge with religious identities, especially for minorities like Christians and Muslims Stereotyping is very common in cosmopolitan cities like Mumbai and Delhi. I'll try to cover general prejudice against some major communities in India from the perspecitve of an average Mumbai resident.

Ethinic Rajasthani: "Kanjus Marwadi" is the word. People from Rajasthan are considered to be miser.They are however revered for their business sense and inter-community linkages

People from Punjab: " Paagal sardars" considered Idiotic and are suppose to lack common sense. Considered very loud. however punjabees are envied for their good looks and racial superiority.they are generally considered posh and good to be around with.

Haryanvees: Considered to be similar to Punjabees in some aspects. An older sterotype was their identification with the Sweeper Community or the "Bhangees" but with rapid development of Haryana that prejudice is slowly dying down.

Kashmiris: Here again religious bias plays a very important role. A hindu Kashmiri is perhaps the best brand to be in whereas a Muslim may be eyed with suspicion for their affinity for Pakistan. Indian however known for their infatuation with lighter skin tone, thus kashmiri may end-up having a better deal.

Himanchal Pradesh and Uttarakhand: may be called "Paharis" in the presence mongoloid features. May be even confused with Nepalis.Otherwise they are considered to be part of punjabi stock.

Uttar Pradesh and Bihar: "Bhaiyas".This is where the regional and cultural bias really takes monstrous proportions.The prejudice may even manifest itself in the form of hatred.People from these states are considered to be uncultured,uneducated, dirty and ready to do anything for money.They may be considered aliens and envied for taking away job away from the "sons of the soil". The situation may be a little better for people who can camouflage them selves in the diverse city landscape or for the better educated and economically empowered. People who excel in their respective en devours may be complemented for being an exception. statements like " Tu dekh ke bahiya nahi lagta " can be expected if you do not fit the sterotype.The better educated may pity them but the stereotype is only marginalised not removed.

Gujarati: Considered affluent,harmless and non-voilent. they are suppose to be persistent eaters and fond of everything sweet. Admired in general for having money and good life. Their womens are considered easy.Fit in the category of ideal immigrants.

Bengali: Are Suppose to be Intellectual, artisitic and posh, however the situation changes radically if they are down trodden and belong to the muslim community. They may be considered to be infiltrators form Bangladesh.. Like Gujaratis, they too are considered harmless if they are (Hindus in particular).

Marathi: "Ghati" Secretly considered to be Ignorant and uncivilized Rowdy and Filthy stock of loosers.People in general try to be diplomatic with them considering their overwhelming numbers and their clout in administration.

South Indian: All South Indian in Mumbai are type-casted as "Madrasi" With increasing prosperity and industrialization of South India, They are now an admired lot and considered educated and intelligent. However in their personal lives they are considered boring and monotonous. The older prejudice of malyali Naryal pani walla and bank employees as well as Kamati ( Construction) labor has mostly faded.
People from the North-Eastern States: No strong prejudice has developed on this front; since they are very few in numbers. May be linked with Christians or Bengalees and times they can even be considered Foreign Tourist.

I know this is sick. but there is a silver lining to this dark cloud. PEOPLE IN Metro cities are pragmatic, MONEY MINDED, THEIR MATERIAL INTEREST DOMINATES ALL THEIR OTHER CONCERNS.
Curiously, some of these stereotypes check out with other sources that I found on the internet. Punjabis seem to be commonly described as party animals who like drinking and flashy things, Gujaratis as affluent and entrepreneurial, Marathis as macho and aggressive right-wing extremists, Bengalis as intellectual and culturally refined, Biharis as backward bumpkins and hillbillies, Assamese as laid back and carefree, Southern Indians as intelligent and highly educated IT geeks, etc.

@69ixine, you have researched HA options in India and know about a lot of obscure cultures. What do you think of each of the different regions of India? Which ones do you like in particular?
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: India and its various regions

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Awesome thread, @Lucas88 Thanks for tagging me. You know that I also have a fascination for India and its antiquity.
Lucas88 wrote:
June 19th, 2023, 4:53 pm

India is civilization which fascinates me not only for its vibrant culture and diversity but also more precisely for its sheer antiquity. India has an unbroken cultural tradition which goes back more than four millennia and is considerably older than the likes of Greece and Rome. It is home to the oldest living religion "Hinduism", or more correctly Sanatana Dharma, and to this day preserves a wealth of ancient knowledge pertaining to spirituality from Yoga poses to Prana exercises and Tantric practices. India is also the birthplace of Sanskrit, the oldest Indo-European language and, according to many, an incredibly rich and scientific language, and produced a prolific intellectual culture which made significant advancements in philosophy, mathematics and various other fields. Unfortunately today India is a shell of its former glory, having being invaded by the Mughals and then colonized by the British, yet it is currently undergoing rapid modernization and might even emerge as a superpower.
I've always wondered how people believe religions such as Christianity have any legitimacy when you have Hinduism, which is much older than all of them. I think during antiquity India must've been a thriving civilization. It would have been a marvel, dude. Probably on par with ancient Egypt, a parallel in terms of how its now a shadow of its former glory.

I have a pretty unique conception of reality. In the sense that I believe Shiva is a divine being and a god in his own right, but not in the way how the Hindus see him. I believe Shiva is an extraterrestrial being who came to earth and taught humanity the secrets of heaven and earth. He is the AdiYogi and AdiGuru. Adi, Coming from Sanskrit meaning "first" the first yoga practitioner who disseminated these teachings upon humanity in a bygone age.

I wrote a thread here about extraterrestrials coming to earth: viewtopic.php?style=11&f=14&t=46405

I think the knowledge Shiva shared is the same knowledge forbidden by Yahweh (which reinforces the contradiction that they are one and the same :roll: ) also similar to what Enki taught and Prometheus in the Greek account with the fire of the gods.

Fast forward to modern India. It's a shame that it has fallen so far from grace. I imagine there are still beautiful parts of India today, but a lot of it from what I've seen on television looks like a shit hole.

The British Empire f***ed up India when they colonised by f***ing up their loom industry. Which affected the overall wealth of the country. Just another example of how the colonialists weren't some benevolent heroes that rescued everyone with their colonialism. Even though some people might want to pontificate ad nauseum the brilliant effect colonialism had on the world. Another example of how Britian f***ed India was during world war II when Churchill (another evil cunt) caused a mass famine in India, causing the deaths of thousands. Yet he's seen as some kind of war hero as well :roll:
I myself don't have any plans to relocate to India or any of its former territories. Spain and Latin America are my adopted home. I might visit India some time. I know that @Pixel--Dude wants to visit a Shiva temple after encountering the Hindu god Shiva during a psychedelic experience. Maybe we could visit one in Tamil Nadu in the near future.
Absolutely! I've interacted with Shiva during a psychedelic experience. I may have mentioned it in this thread: viewtopic.php?style=11&f=15&t=45587 where he gave me wise advise on how to deal with a lot of things that were causing me problems with my mental health. This advice really helped me.

Similar to what I wrote above, I had the mystical revelation about reality being multi layered and we have subtle bodies across all of these layers. Through yoga, we bring the vibration of all these subtle bodies to the same frequency of vibration, creating the ultimate harmony and balance within oneself. Yoga, coming from an ancient Sanskrit word meaning union. Shiva being the AdiYogi. It all seems to fit.

I saw this temple in a dream. A golden temple with Shiva sat on top of it. I felt drawn to it like I was being summoned there. So this is one of the temples I would like to visit.

This is the closest image I can find which matches what I saw in my dream. Murudeshwar Temple. Karnataka Shiva Temple.
I wanted to make this thread for us to discuss India's various regions and cultures, languages, ethnic phenotypes, women, etc.
I think Indian food is really nice. Albeit a bit spicy. I think culturally they have better food than Britain. I mean, our signature dish is f***ing fish and chips for f**k sake. The most bland tasting meal ever.

Indian signature dishes are much richer in flavour.
Things like garlic naan breads and biryani curry etc.

Also, check out these hot Indian beauties
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

those descriptions are true,I am glad I got my kashmiri flag,but however indians do not marry non-indians,almost ever.like taiwan it is a closed too conservative culture to non-indians.I'm talking the girls you do want.westernized indian women are worse than western women themselves.in big cities there is female worship and misandry.
the only positive is their affinity for lightskin,something just as potent elsewhere,its a closed culture to foreigners.

indians are very endogamous,even in region or state they wouldnt marry out.theyre like this everywhere except guyana .

and even then due to inferiority complex their families would ostracize them for marrying a white guy.

that is why they sleep with white men but marry some IT nerd even here in the west.and indian women rarely go for looks anyway,they feel ashamed for doing that.they dont wanna come off as shallow to their peers,though they like masculine dudes and pretty guys in that order and lust after them,they pretend to like nerdy guys.
scamming simps,and raking in the dough with my AI female version softcore adult pics to get HA to be a reality.

https://playgroundai.com/search?q=huge+breasts
69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
June 20th, 2023, 3:33 am
Awesome thread, @Lucas88 Thanks for tagging me. You know that I also have a fascination for India and its antiquity.
Lucas88 wrote:
June 19th, 2023, 4:53 pm

I've always wondered how people believe religions such as Christianity have any legitimacy when you have Hinduism, which is much older than all of them. I think during antiquity India must've been a thriving civilization. It would have been a marvel, dude. Probably on par with ancient Egypt, a parallel in terms of how its now a shadow of its former glory.

I have a pretty unique conception of reality. In the sense that I believe Shiva is a divine being and a god in his own right, but not in the way how the Hindus see him. I believe Shiva is an extraterrestrial being who came to earth and taught humanity the secrets of heaven and earth. He is the AdiYogi and AdiGuru. Adi, Coming from Sanskrit meaning "first" the first yoga practitioner who disseminated these teachings upon humanity in a bygone age.

I wrote a thread here about extraterrestrials coming to earth: viewtopic.php?style=11&f=14&t=46405

I think the knowledge Shiva shared is the same knowledge forbidden by Yahweh (which reinforces the contradiction that they are one and the same :roll: ) also similar to what Enki taught and Prometheus in the Greek account with the fire of the gods.

Fast forward to modern India. It's a shame that it has fallen so far from grace. I imagine there are still beautiful parts of India today, but a lot of it from what I've seen on television looks like a shit hole.

The British Empire f***ed up India when they colonised by f***ing up their loom industry. Which affected the overall wealth of the country. Just another example of how the colonialists weren't some benevolent heroes that rescued everyone with their colonialism. Even though some people might want to pontificate ad nauseum the brilliant effect colonialism had on the world. Another example of how Britian f***ed India was during world war II when Churchill (another evil cunt) caused a mass famine in India, causing the deaths of thousands. Yet he's seen as some kind of war hero as well :roll:
Absolutely! I've interacted with Shiva during a psychedelic experience. I may have mentioned it in this thread: viewtopic.php?style=11&f=15&t=45587 where he gave me wise advise on how to deal with a lot of things that were causing me problems with my mental health. This advice really helped me.

Similar to what I wrote above, I had the mystical revelation about reality being multi layered and we have subtle bodies across all of these layers. Through yoga, we bring the vibration of all these subtle bodies to the same frequency of vibration, creating the ultimate harmony and balance within oneself. Yoga, coming from an ancient Sanskrit word meaning union. Shiva being the AdiYogi. It all seems to fit.

I saw this temple in a dream. A golden temple with Shiva sat on top of it. I felt drawn to it like I was being summoned there. So this is one of the temples I would like to visit.

This is the closest image I can find which matches what I saw in my dream. Murudeshwar Temple. Karnataka Shiva Temple.
I think Indian food is really nice. Albeit a bit spicy. I think culturally they have better food than Britain. I mean, our signature dish is f***ing fish and chips for f**k sake. The most bland tasting meal ever.

Indian signature dishes are much richer in flavour.
Things like garlic naan breads and biryani curry etc.

Also, check out these hot Indian beauties
getting desi women is impossible,but if one of those scantly clad makeuped girls threw themselves at you,run and or hit and quit cuz those upper middle class westernized indian women that look that way are very bad news,even worse than american women.
scamming simps,and raking in the dough with my AI female version softcore adult pics to get HA to be a reality.

69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

indian men are also cockblockers.I'm looking at brazil a evangelic city I know from one of my pastors.I like open cultures vs closed ones like uk,india,taiwan,usa all xenophobic exclsionary shitholes.

https://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Page1c.htm

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

69ixine wrote:
June 20th, 2023, 11:02 am
those descriptions are true,I am glad I got my kashmiri flag,but however indians do not marry non-indians,almost ever.like taiwan it is a closed too conservative culture to non-indians.I'm talking the girls you do want.westernized indian women are worse than western women themselves.in big cities there is female worship and misandry.
the only positive is their affinity for lightskin,something just as potent elsewhere,its a closed culture to foreigners.

indians are very endogamous,even in region or state they wouldnt marry out.theyre like this everywhere except guyana .

and even then due to inferiority complex their families would ostracize them for marrying a white guy.

that is why they sleep with white men but marry some IT nerd even here in the west.and indian women rarely go for looks anyway,they feel ashamed for doing that.they dont wanna come off as shallow to their peers,though they like masculine dudes and pretty guys in that order and lust after them,they pretend to like nerdy guys.
Thanks for the insight into Indian culture, brother.

To be honest, I am far more interested in India's ancient history and contributions to spiritual knowledge than modern India. I might visit the country but I don't have any plans to live there permanently or marry an Indian woman.

For a start, modern India is too "Britishized" for me. English is used throughout the country as a lingua franca and the various local languages have been too corrupted by English loanwords and extensive use of code switching. Indian culture has been diluted by the colonial British influence. I myself am anti-British and a virulent Anglophobe. My admiration is reserved mostly for Spanish and Portuguese and Romance/Latin cultures. I couldn't stand living in an Anglicized or English-language-colonized country. I'm a Latin soul. I am only willing to live in a Hispanophone or Lusophone country. I therefore have no desire to relocate to India.

Some Desi women look nice and generally look better than Anglo women, but I only see myself with a Latina. Latinas for me have some of the most exotic phenotypes due to their unique admixture and also tend to have better booties than women of most other races thanks to their small but significant amount of African admixture. From a physical standpoint they turn me on the most. Moreover, Latinas speak either Spanish or Portuguese, my two favorite languages. If I were to have a relationship with a Desi girl, I'd be saddled with English, a language which I find ugly and don't like to speak. Or I would have to learn Hindi, Marathi, Bengali or whatever, Indo-Aryan languages which today are too corrupted by English for me to ever want to learn them. Modern India was been detached from its Sanskrit roots. In light of the linguistic situation, I'd rather just stick with Spanish and Portuguese which are both relatively pure Romance languages and still sound divine. 8)

Even if I did want to marry a Desi girl, from what you've described it sounds like a lot of hard work. At this point I can't be bothered to jump through so many hoops from religious affiliation to caste considerations. Latin America on the other hand is basically Southern European culture transplanted to the New World. It is much easier to navigate for a Western European.

But back to the topic of India, what do you think of each of the different states/regions of the country (e.g., Delhi, Punjab, Kashmir, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Bengal, Odisha, Assam, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, etc.) and with which do you resonate, @69ixine? I'm just curious. :)
69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

anything for my lindo amigo
To be honest, I am far more interested in India's ancient history and contributions to spiritual knowledge than modern India. I might visit the country but I don't have any plans to live there permanently or marry an Indian woman.
neither do I,I have an interest in mestizas and mulattas with big booties,like the girl in my avi (Joyce giraud)

For a start, modern India is too "Britishized" for me. English is used throughout the country as a lingua franca and the various local languages have been too corrupted by English loanwords and extensive use of code switching. Indian culture has been diluted by the colonial British influence. I myself am anti-British and a virulent Anglophobe. My admiration is reserved mostly for Spanish and Portuguese and Romance/Latin cultures. I couldn't stand living in an Anglicized or English-language-colonized country. I'm a Latin soul. I am only willing to live in a Hispanophone or Lusophone country. I therefore have no desire to relocate to India.

I prefer espanol,even to portuguese.I actually couldn't live in brazil or portugal despite loving them because spanish is so much more beautiful than other romance languages,maybe romanian is on par alone.I am also a latin soul.So nwas my mom.I went to a latino store yesterday to buy s0ome earrings and the whole interaction brightened my whole day and girls actually gave me politeness and positive attention.so different from dealing with dutch,americans and indians.however english is not bad for me because i speak american.its the only good thing about this place,our accent is nice relatively peaking for english as a language.b]

Some Desi women look nice and generally look better than Anglo women, but I only see myself with a Latina. Latinas for me have some of the most exotic phenotypes due to their unique admixture and also tend to have better booties than women of most other races thanks to their small but significant amount of African admixture. From a physical standpoint they turn me on the most. Moreover, Latinas speak either Spanish or Portuguese, my two favorite languages. If I were to have a relationship with a Desi girl, I'd be saddled with English, a language which I find ugly and don't like to speak. Or I would have to learn Hindi, Marathi, Bengali or whatever, Indo-Aryan languages which today are too corrupted by English for me to ever want to learn them. Modern India was been detached from its Sanskrit roots. In light of the linguistic situation, I'd rather just stick with Spanish and Portuguese which are both relatively pure Romance languages and still sound divine. 8)
I am glad I took a desi girl's virginity and she was hot,I finished my goal I don't need to immerse myself in a closed culture,Mission accoplished,badge to my ego acquired,what more do I need in that culture that is so toxic today?
Even if I did want to marry a Desi girl, from what you've described it sounds like a lot of hard work. At this point I can't be bothered to jump through so many hoops from religious affiliation to caste considerations. Latin America on the other hand is basically Southern European culture transplanted to the New World. It is much easier to navigate for a Western European.
yes,hard work and desi women have personality problems even many indians told me that
But back to the topic of India, what do you think of each of the different states/regions of the country (e.g., Delhi, Punjab, Kashmir, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Bengal, Odisha, Assam, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, etc.) and with which do you resonate, @69ixine? I'm just curious. :)

kashmir for kashmir shaivism's history and rich intellectual philosophy even from buddhists,rich musical tradition and musical science and tamil nadu,the rest are interesting but it's these i wanna visit atleast once and also rajasthan i like alot
[/quote]

69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

Lucas,the look,culture,food,tongue,architecture,women,and music is one of the reasons despite poland for example or kenya being easy mode i rather go to latin america.

Im now really someone that needs to be at HOME.iberiv infuenced cultures are my HOME.even if I never make it to latin america due to financial or time restraints,I willmove to elpaso,miami or san juan part of the usa at the very least.

69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

Lucas88 wrote:
June 20th, 2023, 5:17 pm
69ixine wrote:
June 20th, 2023, 11:02 am

las mujeres meclas eran las mejores y mas hermosas de todas las mujeres delmundo por mi.

yo amo la lifestyle latino y las mujeres mas.

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

69ixine wrote:
June 22nd, 2023, 6:21 am
kashmir for kashmir shaivism's history and rich intellectual philosophy even from buddhists,rich musical tradition and musical science and tamil nadu,the rest are interesting but it's these i wanna visit atleast once and also rajasthan i like alot
Once again thank you for your response!

I remember you posting some videos about Kashmir Shaivism. I also read that Kashmir is one of India's great intellectual centers. I likewise recall that you wanted to purchase two havelis in Jaipur, Rajasthan. I imagine Rajasthan to have a more Middle Eastern or Persian vibe with Mughal palaces that look like something out of Aladdin. Is that right? For some reason, I too am drawn to Tamil Nadu. The south has a strong intellectual culture and is currently going through an industrial and technological boom. Tamil Nadu itself is also home to many renowned temples. I suggested to @Pixel--Dude that we visit Tamil Nadu. I've also seen some very cute and exotic girls from that state. Is it true that Tamil is the most conservative Indian language in the sense that its speakers look to avoid non-Dravidian loanwords and thereby speak pure Tamil?

Whenever I research a country, I always try to find out which regions I identify with the most, at least in theory. India is interesting because it's a country comprised of many different cultures and linguistic groups. I still don't know which is my favorite Indian state/culture. I'm still trying to get a feel for them all. Out of the Indian languages that I've looked into so far, I think that Marathi is the one I like the most. It seems closer to Sanskrit than Hindi, has a nicer phonology and preserves more archaic grammatical features. Hindi on the other hand seems far more divergent from Sanskrit. Malayalam sounds really pleasant and musical. It also looks simpler than Tamil in terms of its morphology with its loss of personal conjugations for verbs and more regular case endings for nouns. I'm I right to assume that Tamil is the most complex Dravidian language (more so than Malayalam, Kannada and Telegu)? But Maharashtra (where Marathi is spoken) is definitely more of a rough culture. I like the macho vibe but at the same time I like refined and intellectual cultures and so maybe I'd prefer Bengal on the East Coast. Bengalis also speak an Indo-Aryan language.

India really is a diverse country. It's like many different countries in one!
69ixine wrote:
June 22nd, 2023, 6:29 am
Lucas,the look,culture,food,tongue,architecture,women,and music is one of the reasons despite poland for example or kenya being easy mode i rather go to latin america.

Im now really someone that needs to be at HOME.iberiv infuenced cultures are my HOME.even if I never make it to latin america due to financial or time restraints,I willmove to elpaso,miami or san juan part of the usa at the very least.
I really wish you well in your quest to find a better home among the Iberian-influenced cultures. If not Latin America itself then I hope you find a good Latino community in Miami or El Paso. I'm the same way, by the way. I can only adapt to certain cultures that resonate harmoniously with my soul. For me, that means Spain and certain parts of Latin America.
69ixine wrote:
June 22nd, 2023, 6:53 am
las mujeres meclas eran las mejores y mas hermosas de todas las mujeres delmundo por mi.

Yo también encuentro una belleza extraordinaria en las mestizas latinoamericanas, compadre. Tienen rostros delicados y unos cuerpazos que me calientan. Puro fuego y todo un rico manjar para un macho de verdad. 🍑🔥🥒🌮
69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

Lucas88 wrote:
June 22nd, 2023, 9:23 am
69ixine wrote:
June 22nd, 2023, 6:21 am
Once again thank you for your response!

I remember you posting some videos about Kashmir Shaivism. I also read that Kashmir is one of India's great intellectual centers. I likewise recall that you wanted to purchase two havelis in Jaipur, Rajasthan. I imagine Rajasthan to have a more Middle Eastern or Persian vibe with Mughal palaces that look like something out of Aladdin. Is that right? For some reason, I too am drawn to Tamil Nadu. The south has a strong intellectual culture and is currently going through an industrial and technological boom. Tamil Nadu itself is also home to many renowned temples. I suggested to @Pixel--Dude that we visit Tamil Nadu. I've also seen some very cute and exotic girls from that state. Is it true that Tamil is the most conservative Indian language in the sense that its speakers look to avoid non-Dravidian loanwords and thereby speak pure Tamil?

Whenever I research a country, I always try to find out which regions I identify with the most, at least in theory. India is interesting because it's a country comprised of many different cultures and linguistic groups. I still don't know which is my favorite Indian state/culture. I'm still trying to get a feel for them all. Out of the Indian languages that I've looked into so far, I think that Marathi is the one I like the most. It seems closer to Sanskrit than Hindi, has a nicer phonology and preserves more archaic grammatical features. Hindi on the other hand seems far more divergent from Sanskrit. Malayalam sounds really pleasant and musical. It also looks simpler than Tamil in terms of its morphology with its loss of personal conjugations for verbs and more regular case endings for nouns. I'm I right to assume that Tamil is the most complex Dravidian language (more so than Malayalam, Kannada and Telegu)? But Maharashtra (where Marathi is spoken) is definitely more of a rough culture. I like the macho vibe but at the same time I like refined and intellectual cultures and so maybe I'd prefer Bengal on the East Coast. Bengalis also speak an Indo-Aryan language.

India really is a diverse country. It's like many different countries in one!
69ixine wrote:
June 22nd, 2023, 6:29 am

I really wish you well in your quest to find a better home among the Iberian-influenced cultures. If not Latin America itself then I hope you find a good Latino community in Miami or El Paso. I'm the same way, by the way. I can only adapt to certain cultures that resonate harmoniously with my soul. For me, that means Spain and certain parts of Latin America.
69ixine wrote:
June 22nd, 2023, 6:53 am

Yo también encuentro una belleza extraordinaria en las mestizas latinoamericanas, compadre. Tienen rostros delicados y unos cuerpazos que me calientan. Puro fuego y todo un rico manjar para un macho de verdad. 🍑🔥🥒🌮
to everything you asked yes,however rajasthan was a rajput hindu kingdom and the ksatriya influence is what made all those havelis,getting a haveli is easy,renovation and preservance is costly and not worth it.

surely a place to visit though.

I think rather than trying to move abroad so quickly,it's good to move to a truly latino city in america,even if it includes san juan,to be able to work and get a american income.expatriation is expensive,property is not cheap anywhere in the world to live off of by renting it,being in america I can lways find a immigrant or visit a cheaper place like nicaragua and bring a wife from there or enjoy 5$ p4p every now and then,and move later in age when I'm more financially established.

I am focusing on learning spanish right now.otherwise no tiene sentido...it doesn't make sense.

americanized latinas are american I am realizing,not latinas,so living in a culturally latin area like elpaso or miami is great and then bringing a wife over here until I can make that move later in life.

the dutch say row the boat with the peddles you have.

expatriation is impossible unless you have alotta money,which we millenials and gen z dont have.

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

69ixine wrote:
June 22nd, 2023, 11:35 am
I am focusing on learning spanish right now.otherwise no tiene sentido...it doesn't make sense.

americanized latinas are american I am realizing,not latinas,so living in a culturally latin area like elpaso or miami is great and then bringing a wife over here until I can make that move later in life.
It's awesome that you are now studying Spanish. I'm sure that you'll be able to learn it quickly thanks to your knowledge of Dutch. Spanish and Dutch obviously aren't related, but Dutch has grammatical gender and somewhat more complex verb conjugations than English, features that you're already used to. Spanish will come easy to you.

Anglophones tend to be bad at learning languages because their own language is so simplistic and impoverished (or "inferior" as Abhijit Chavda asserts in his video about Sanskrit). But you're a Dutch speaker and I learned Spanish in my teens. You and I are European polyglots, bro! We rock! Lol!

I think that Miami would be a great place for you. From what I understand, it's more cosmopolitan than El Paso with Latin American immigrants from all over Latin America and the Caribbean so you'll find a great variety of types of Latinas including cubanas, boricuas and venezolanas, many of whom are absolutely stunning. Miami is nicknamed "La Capital de Latinoamérica" for a reason. You also have a great climate and a vibrant city. Miami Vice in the flesh! I really hope that you can pull it off, brother! :D

¡Viva Miami! ¡El paraíso terrenal del chocho latino de todos los sabores! ¡Qué sabroso, gente! 8)
69ixine
Junior Poster

Post by 69ixine »

Lucas88 wrote:
June 22nd, 2023, 12:52 pm
69ixine wrote:
June 22nd, 2023, 11:35 am

It's awesome that you are now studying Spanish. I'm sure that you'll be able to learn it quickly thanks to your knowledge of Dutch. Spanish and Dutch obviously aren't related, but Dutch has grammatical gender and somewhat more complex verb conjugations than English, features that you're already used to. Spanish will come easy to you.

Anglophones tend to be bad at learning languages because their own language is so simplistic and impoverished (or "inferior" as Abhijit Chavda asserts in his video about Sanskrit). But you're a Dutch speaker and I learned Spanish in my teens. You and I are European polyglots, bro! We rock! Lol!

I think that Miami would be a great place for you. From what I understand, it's more cosmopolitan than El Paso with Latin American immigrants from all over Latin America and the Caribbean so you'll find a great variety of types of Latinas including cubanas, boricuas and venezolanas, many of whom are absolutely stunning. Miami is nicknamed "La Capital de Latinoamérica" for a reason. You also have a great climate and a vibrant city. Miami Vice in the flesh! I really hope that you can pull it off, brother! :D

¡Viva Miami! ¡El paraíso terrenal del chocho latino de todos los sabores! ¡Qué sabroso, gente! 8)
I know classical arabic with a similarity in that regard,I find spanish easy to learn.I just need to order a book on it.rn listening to yt videos.

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

I asked the AI chat to list both the positive and negative stereotypes associated with the various states and regions of India. This is what it came up with:
Certainly! Here's an expanded version of the descriptions for each state, including both positive and negative stereotypes associated with them. Please note that these stereotypes may not apply to every individual in the respective states, and it's essential to approach them with an understanding that they are generalizations:

Punjab:

Positive Stereotypes: Punjabis are known for their warm hospitality, jovial nature, and a zest for life. They are often portrayed as fun-loving, energetic, and enthusiastic about celebrations and festivals. Punjabi cuisine, particularly dishes like butter chicken and sarson da saag, is widely appreciated.

Negative Stereotypes: Some negative stereotypes associated with Punjabis include being loud, extravagant, and sometimes perceived as overly materialistic. Additionally, there is a stereotype that Punjabis are prone to excessive drinking or alcoholism.

Rajasthan:

Positive Stereotypes: People from Rajasthan are often seen as courageous, proud of their heritage, and deeply rooted in traditional values. The state is renowned for its hospitality, and Rajasthani folk music, dance, and art forms like puppetry are highly appreciated.

Negative Stereotypes: A negative stereotype associated with Rajasthan is that people from the state are conservative in their mindset and resistant to change. There is also a perception of gender inequality and the practice of child marriage in some rural areas.

Maharashtra:

Positive Stereotypes: Maharashtrians are often seen as hardworking, ambitious, and enterprising individuals. They are known for their intellectual pursuits, contributions to literature and arts, and progressive mindset. Mumbai, the financial capital, has a vibrant film industry and is often associated with glamour and opportunity.

Negative Stereotypes: A common negative stereotype is that Maharashtrians can be aggressive or hot-tempered. Additionally, some may view them as overly focused on material success, leading to a perception of opportunism.

Tamil Nadu:

Positive Stereotypes: Tamilians are often celebrated for their rich cultural heritage, devotion to classical arts and music, and literary achievements. They are perceived as knowledgeable, passionate about their language (Tamil), and take great pride in their distinct identity.

Negative Stereotypes: A negative stereotype associated with Tamilians is that they can be overly sensitive about their language and culture, leading to occasional conflicts or tensions with people from other regions. There is also a stereotype of political dominance and frequent strikes or protests.

West Bengal:
Positive Stereotypes: Bengalis are often regarded as intellectual, creative, and culturally inclined. They have a rich literary tradition, with Kolkata being called the "cultural capital of India." Bengalis are known for their contributions to literature, art, theater, and music.

Negative Stereotypes: A negative stereotype is that Bengalis can be overly emotional or temperamental. There is also a perception of political polarization and a sense of elitism among some sections of the society.

Gujarat:

Positive Stereotypes: Gujaratis are often recognized for their entrepreneurial spirit, business acumen, and success in trade and commerce. They are known for their strong work ethic, innovative mindset, and knack for negotiation. Gujarati cuisine, with its diverse flavors, is highly regarded.

Negative Stereotypes: A negative stereotype is that Gujaratis can be overly money-minded or focused on financial gain. Some also perceive them as being excessively conservative in their social outlook.

Kerala:

Positive Stereotypes: Keralites are often seen as highly educated, socially conscious, and environmentally aware. They have a reputation for their emphasis on healthcare and Ayurveda. The state's natural beauty, backwaters, and serene lifestyle are often admired.

Negative Stereotypes: A negative stereotype is that Keralites can be overly laid-back or lack ambition, leading to a perception of a "lackadaisical" approach to life. There is also a stereotype that Keralites can be overly critical or judgmental of others.

Assam:

Positive Stereotypes: Assamese people are often regarded as warm, friendly, and hospitable. They are known for their tea plantations and the production of Assam tea. Assam has a rich cultural heritage, with diverse ethnic groups and a focus on traditional music and dance forms.

Negative Stereotypes: A negative stereotype associated with Assam is that people from the state can be perceived as being conservative or resistant to change. There is also a stereotype that Assamese people can be insular or exclusive towards outsiders.

Remember, stereotypes are generalizations and should not be applied to every individual within a state. People's beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors can vary widely, and it's important to approach them with an open mind, recognizing the diversity and individuality of each person.
The AI's response was far more detailed and informative than anything I could find on Quora. Much of the content matches things that I had read on the internet.

The only thing in the response that I found odd was the part where it described Marathis as "progressive". In what sense? Politically or in terms of material innovation? Maybe some middle class and social elite liberals from Mumbai are progressive in the political sense but all of the other sources that I've read seem to stereotype Marathis as predominantly conservative/right-wing. The impression that I have in mind is that of an ultra-macho and aggressive Hindutva nationalist. Lol!

So I asked for another description this time specific to Marathi stereotypes (again both positive and negative). This is what the AI gave me:
Marathis are the native speakers of the Marathi language and predominantly hail from the state of Maharashtra in western India. Stereotypes are generalizations and may not accurately represent every individual within a group. It's important to approach them with caution and recognize the diversity that exists within any community. Here are some positive and negative stereotypes associated with Marathis:

Positive Stereotypes:

Hardworking and Industrious: Marathis are often perceived as hardworking, dedicated, and known for their work ethic. They are seen as individuals who take pride in their professional pursuits and strive for success.

Entrepreneurial Spirit: Marathis are often associated with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. They are seen as enterprising and willing to take risks in business ventures.

Cultural Heritage: Marathis are proud of their cultural heritage and traditions. They are known for their contributions to art, literature, and theater, as well as the promotion of Maharashtrian folk arts like Lavani.

Leadership Qualities: Marathis are often considered natural leaders, with a historical legacy of prominent figures who have played influential roles in politics, social reforms, and various fields.

Negative Stereotypes:

Regional Chauvinism: There is a negative stereotype that Marathis can be overly regionalistic or exhibit chauvinistic tendencies, asserting the dominance of their culture and language over others.

Hot-Tempered: Some stereotypes suggest that Marathis have a quick temper and can be hot-headed in certain situations.

Conservative Mindset: Marathis are sometimes perceived as being conservative in their social outlook and resistant to change, particularly regarding inter-caste or inter-religious marriages.

Narrow-Mindedness: There is a stereotype that Marathis can be narrow-minded or resistant to ideas or perspectives that challenge traditional norms or beliefs.

It's crucial to remember that stereotypes should not be used to judge or generalize individuals. People within any community are diverse, and their beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors can vary widely. Embracing diversity and treating each person as an individual is essential for understanding and appreciating different cultures and communities.
That sounds more like it! Lol!

Oh, and what about the "Hindi Belt", the so-called heartland of India?

I likewise asked the AI about positive and negative stereotypes pertaining to this important northern central region and this is the answer which it generated:
The Hindi Belt, also known as the Hindi-speaking belt or North India, comprises several states where Hindi is widely spoken, including Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, and others. It's important to note that these stereotypes are generalizations and may not apply to every individual within the Hindi Belt. Here are some positive and negative stereotypes associated with the region:

Positive Stereotypes:

Rich Cultural Heritage: The Hindi Belt is often celebrated for its rich cultural heritage, encompassing various art forms, music, dance, and festivals like Holi and Diwali.

Strong Family Values: People from the Hindi Belt are often perceived as deeply rooted in traditional family values, respecting and caring for their elders.

Hospitality: Individuals from the region are often regarded as warm and hospitable, welcoming guests with open arms and offering them generous hospitality.

Diligence and Hard Work: There is a perception that people from the Hindi Belt are hardworking, persistent, and dedicated, willing to put in the effort to achieve their goals.

Strong Sense of Identity: People from the Hindi Belt often take pride in their cultural identity, language, and historical heritage.

Negative Stereotypes:

Caste-Based Discrimination: There is a negative stereotype that the Hindi Belt is plagued by caste-based discrimination and social hierarchies, with prejudices and inequalities persisting in certain areas.

Overpopulation: The region is often associated with high population density and overcrowding, leading to challenges in infrastructure, resources, and urban development.

Political Fragmentation: The Hindi Belt is sometimes characterized by complex and fragmented politics, with regional and caste-based parties often dominating the political landscape.

Gender Inequality: Some negative stereotypes suggest that the Hindi Belt can be patriarchal, with gender disparities in education, employment opportunities, and social norms.

Social Conservatism: There is a perception that the region can be socially conservative, with resistance to progressive ideas or social changes on issues like inter-caste marriages, gender roles, or LGBTQ+ rights.

It's important to remember that these stereotypes do not represent the entire population of the Hindi Belt, and individuals within the region can have diverse beliefs, values, and behaviors. Stereotypes should be approached with caution, recognizing the individuality and diversity that exists within any cultural or geographical region.

So the above cited texts are the answer given to us by the AI non-human pro. @Pixel--Dude and @69ixine, what do you guys think of the AI's responses? Based on them, what regional cultures within India appeal to the nature of your soul (and which ones conversely don't)?

Just wanted to revive this topic. 8)