Taiwan Girls Are the WORST in Asia - Closed, Cold, Unapproachable, Spoiled, Snobby, Shit Social Skills

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Re: Taiwan Girls - The WORST personality! Closed, Cold, Soul

Post by El_Caudillo »

Momopi, I went to Fushan village beyond Wulai, it's an aboriginal village which isn't touristy like Wulai. From there I walked the Fuba trail. Pristine jungle with lots of monkey troops in the trees. Didn't see another soul for hours. I can't imagine a day trip from a mainland city where you can get away from the human race!

As for Bitan, that area is also pleasant to bike around.
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Taiwan as a whole is significantly more westernized than China. Not as much as Singapore, on par with Hong Kong. It shouldn't be a surprise that Taiwanese girls have many of the same attitudes as Western, especially Anglosphere women. At least the ones I've talked to didn't seem easy to get to know, not at all.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

El_Caudillo wrote:Momopi, I went to Fushan village beyond Wulai, it's an aboriginal village which isn't touristy like Wulai. From there I walked the Fuba trail. Pristine jungle with lots of monkey troops in the trees. Didn't see another soul for hours. I can't imagine a day trip from a mainland city where you can get away from the human race!

When you hiked the trail, did you by chance encounter abandoned old military bunkers (possibly from ww2 era) next to the road ?
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

El_Caudillo wrote:
Momopi, I went to Fushan village beyond Wulai, it's an aboriginal village which isn't touristy like Wulai. From there I walked the Fuba trail. Pristine jungle with lots of monkey troops in the trees. Didn't see another soul for hours. I can't imagine a day trip from a mainland city where you can get away from the human race!

When you hiked the trail, did you by chance encounter abandoned old military bunkers (possibly from ww2 era) next to the road ?
I only saw one military bunker in Taiwan, on Green Island. Here is a photo from inside...

El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

That bunker/pill box was up on a hill...but the ones by the old prison were used to punish inmates. I'm tempted to make a joke about our great leader and loneliness in Taiwan, but won't out of respect to the gent in the photo.

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Here's a video of Tokyo. Notice how uncannily similar it is to Taipei.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aANLWsATis8[/youtube]
longzing
Freshman Poster

Post by longzing »

Back to the topic for a minute, could we? Could we say that taiwan's girls are insecure just like those in the USA - more anxious and repressed and paranoid like Master Wu said before. So insecure that when you're around a girl in the street, incidentally walking passing her she'd walk like a running dog, walking quicker and quicker...You see what i mean...
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

Longzing, I will try and answer your question...no Taiwanese women will not run as you they walk past you. It's seems they don't notice you, they are extremely lost in their own world, listening to music, looking at their phone, thinking about their studies, music lessons -- Taiwan is so safe that they do not need to pay much attention to their environment. If you speak to them/ask them a question, they will give a little jump, be astonished you are talking to them. but then be helpful - you can have a conversation but they will be shy and not show much enthusiasm. If the girl is a very Americanized Taiwanese she will be more abrupt, but still answer your questions.

In my other experiences in 2016....Hong Kong, people won't make eye contact, or may look at you with a disgusted expression - they will answer your questions in curt English or Mandarin. (I don't speak Cantonese). Don't take it personally, everybody gets the same treatment. I even made friends with a young HKer in Taiwan who said it's the same for him.

My little corner of the 'West' (actually one the countries furthest to the east on conventional Free Mason made maps)...you won't pass many pretty women on the street, when you do pass somebody will make eye contact and often say hello. You are free to shoot the shit with them as you like. You had better stick to conservative topics like the weather and cars - not aliens and flat planets otherwise they'll think you a weirdo.

Indonesia...everybody will want to talk to you. People will yell out at you. If you want to try and chat someone up, no problem. English will be an issue. Unless you are very sociable it gets a bit much.
longzing
Freshman Poster

Post by longzing »

Or, could we say that male and female in Taiwan are stressful enough in making live easier to earn money and work hard. So they don't have the romantic mindset that European or Latin America people have. So girls in Taiwan are generally more anxious and depressed, inclusive and not open-minded, and so on.

Again this is going back to Master Wu's theory outlined elsewhere capturing most Taiwanese's mentality and social vibes.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I was just in Singapore. I found the women there just as soulless as you found them in Taiwan.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I saw a couple of insufferable singapore girls with big sunglasses in a vietnam flight.
They were looking at their phone and laughing out loud while the flight attendant was giving the safety instructions.
I gave them a really dirty look that made them shut up, but i should've done it verbally.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Taiwan Girls Are the WORST in Asia - Closed, Cold, Unapproachable, Spoiled, Snobby, Shit Social Skills

Post by Winston »

Actually Taiwan is a triple lose lose lose situation because:

1. Every Taiwanese girl you see outside has a boyfriend or husband and is rarely alone.
2. If she is alone she looks closed off and doesn't want to be bothered. Approaching her feels wrong and taboo and against the grain and unwelcome. Makes me feel like a creep.
3. If she talks to me for 5 or 10 min then that's all. After that she never wants to see me again and if I have her social media she ghosts me.

Hence it's a lose lose lose situation. How do you explain that? And how are there couples everywhere if this is the case? It's sort of a reality breakdown. Makes me feel like I'm in some sort of purgatory or simulation that is screwing with my mind. Or perhaps everyone is part of a hive mind that I am not a part of. Or the universe is just an asshole to you if you are a freethinker and are awake and aware and have a real soul?

The thing is it's taboo to say all this. Because everyone in Taiwan is under some Orwellian mind control where they are only allowed to say positive things about Taiwan. No one likes truth here. They freak out if you tell the truth all the time. But in China they don't and they accept reality for what it is.

If the problem is me then how come in China and the Philippines the women are far more social and friendly and not as closed off or antisocial?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Taiwan Girls Are the WORST in Asia - Closed, Cold, Unapproachable, Spoiled, Snobby, Shit Social Skills

Post by Winston »

Another pattern I've noticed is that when you go to a Taiwanese city like Taipei or Taichung, every foreigner you see is either alone or with other foreigners or with asian Americans. You never see local Taiwanese and foreigners hanging out together. Isn't that a bad sign and doesn't that validate my claim that Taiwan is not very social or inclusive?

Do you think the expats and travelers who say Taiwan is super friendly know they are lying? Do fake people know they are fake and lying or do they actually believe their lies? Or could they be in an alternate reality where their lies are actually true? Is it possible for us to enter such an alternate reality?

Maybe it's confirmation bias too. Maybe these expats start out believing that Taiwan is friendly and then they look for evidence and examples and experiences to confirm that? That's part of human nature too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:
June 12th, 2024, 12:25 am
Actually Taiwan is a triple lose lose lose situation because:

1. Every Taiwanese girl you see outside has a boyfriend or husband and is rarely alone.
2. If she is alone she looks closed off and doesn't want to be bothered. Approaching her feels wrong and taboo and against the grain and unwelcome. Makes me feel like a creep.
3. If she talks to me for 5 or 10 min then that's all. After that she never wants to see me again and if I have her social media she ghosts me.

Hence it's a lose lose lose situation. How do you explain that? And how are there couples everywhere if this is the case? It's sort of a reality breakdown. Makes me feel like I'm in some sort of purgatory or simulation that is screwing with my mind. Or perhaps everyone is part of a hive mind that I am not a part of. Or the universe is just an asshole to you if you are a freethinker and are awake and aware and have a real soul?

The thing is it's taboo to say all this. Because everyone in Taiwan is under some Orwellian mind control where they are only allowed to say positive things about Taiwan. No one likes truth here. They freak out if you tell the truth all the time. But in China they don't and they accept reality for what it is.

If the problem is me then how come in China and the Philippines the women are far more social and friendly and not as closed off or antisocial?
@Winston

You keep banging on the same drum as if Taiwan is the worst society on earth. Most of what you lament would happen on the streets of Rome, Prague, even Manila (unless you're lucky). People in big cities are busy going about their own lives. Taiwan has had China's Damocles' sword on their skulls for quite a while. This is on top of problems most developed countries have to deal with: cost of living inflation and wage stagnation, unaffordable housing for young people, uncertainty about the future, et cetera.

You still seem to embrace a failed PUA-like behaviour. It's simply not possible, or not advisable, to "day game" a girl. People on a busy street are usually busy going from A to B. Even in Italy, young people have lost the ancestral habit (which was rampant in my generation) of gathering in piazzas or walking up and down the trendy streets of their hometowns.

If you want to meet girls, in Taipei like in Turin, you go to designated places: bars, night clubs, maybe coffee shops in the afternoon. Maybe you'll meet someone who will invite you to a party. The dating site options are still there, although you don't seem to be particularly lucky with them (and agree with you that dating sites usually don't recruit the creme de la creme of young women in any given location).

One has to have a serious gameplan in mind, even when doing something apparently as casual as interacting with girls and dating them. The idea that a pretty girl will magically fall into your lap and start conversing with you on intellectual topics and conspiracy theories, is near zero. This, any place you go.

I don't think it's fair to single out Taiwan. I have personally only had good experiences, the few time I went to Taipei. I was there a couple of months ago to pick up a musical instrument. The guys from the shop were nothing but helpful, despite their limited English. I even stumbled upon a fellow Italian who was there in the shop buying a microphone stand. I helped him choose the right one and we had a good 30 minutes chat. I would have probably gone with him for a coffee if I didn't have to wind back to the airport.

And I am not even mentioning an online fling I had with a Taiwanese girl, as it was in 2005, too long ago to matter.

All in all I think you should curb your hatred towards Taiwan and start seeing things in perspective.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
January 28th, 2017, 4:50 am
I was just in Singapore. I found the women there just as soulless as you found them in Taiwan.
Soulless is the key word here. Winston talks about how life should be about fun and laughing and having a good time with friends. Any country where the cost is high, people are going to lose that happy, cheerful part of them and will be replaced with a soulless pursuit of money.

That's why I told @Winston to go to Vietnam where the people genuinely are happier and more cheerful. He just won't do it.
Favorite Cornfed quote: "Here's another one to reassure you lemmings that the ongoing humiliation ritual that is your ratshit life will soon be coming to an end."

Favorite yick quote: "You are not my mate".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA