Bruce Lee - Was he the best or overrated?

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Re: Bruce Lee - Was he the best or overrated?

Post by WilliamSmith »

I've never gotten into Bruce Lee's films (though maybe will give them another shot) but I'm a big fan of his son Brandon Lee, and have been since my youth.

I have more disposable income these days, for various reasons.
Among other investment, I decided to rake in a lot of used DVDs of my favorite 80s-early 90s action films lately, just in case the Synagogue of Satan outlaws the discs ("You will own nothing, and you will be happy" as they say) and either disappears all the classic titles from my youth, or else replaces all the old 80's alpha male action stars with satanic woke trannies via deepfake technology.

Two I picked up starring Brandon Lee in the star role are Rapid Fire and Laser Mission. Rapid Fire was awesome. Powers Boothe and Tony Longo both had supporting roles.

I haven't watched Laser Mission yet, but instinct tells me it's going to be !@#$ing fantastic.

If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

William Smith,
You might also like this movie with Brandon Lee and Dolph Lungren called "Showdown in Little Tokyo". It also has the sexy Asian bombshell "Tia Carrera" who always makes me horny. See trailer below. It's supposed to have a lot of nudity and sex in it too, besides the violence.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102915/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Why do you like Brandon Lee though? He had no charisma and his kung fu was mediocre and he probably wouldn't have gotten any roles if it wasn't for being Bruce Lee's son.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Winston wrote:
May 10th, 2022, 3:51 am
William Smith,
You might also like this movie with Brandon Lee and Dolph Lungren called "Showdown in Little Tokyo". It also has the sexy Asian bombshell "Tia Carrera" who always makes me horny. See trailer below. It's supposed to have a lot of nudity and sex in it too, besides the violence.

Why do you like Brandon Lee though? He had no charisma and his kung fu was mediocre and he probably wouldn't have gotten any roles if it wasn't for being Bruce Lee's son.
Yeah, good call @Winston, LOL, "Shodown in Little Tokyo" is already a valued part of my retro action film collection.

That's kind of an infamous movie for pissing off Asian American guys who don't like "WMAF", but you probably wouldn't mind since you're already up to your ears in good looking white chicks based on your photo collages (as well as Asian chicks).

Reference document for above claim: Winston scoring with more white chicks than you can "shake a stick at" (not that there's any good reason to shake a stick at white chicks that I can think of, but you know what I mean):
https://www.happierabroad.com/ebook/Collage.htm

Back to Showdown in Little Tokyo:

I didn't like the scene with Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa chopping the head off the hot crystal meth addict Angel Mueller with a Katana (since I've got a soft spot for the ladies), but she was really hot in lingerie.

Tia Carrere is a good looking woman, I agree.

Hey guess what, did a quick search for her, and she's from Hawaii, but she's also a Pinay!

That's actually obvious now I look at her again.

Awesome pic with the 80s-90s style neon backlighting, LOL:

I remember describing her as "that good looking Polynesian chick that didn't look anything like a Japanese" when talking about her role in Showdown in Little Tokyo, but I got it wrong on Polynesian:a lovely Pinay she was, LOL.

I'll tag
@publicduende and forget else was it who loves Pinays on here off the top of my head, but they might want to see this...

If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
shawnberwick
Freshman Poster

Post by shawnberwick »

Winston wrote:
The Crow is a cult classic IMO, and I believe Brandon's character is iconic.

Brandon's character likely heavily influenced Heath Ledger's Joker. The parallels seem to be too obvious.

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

shawnberwick wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 2:31 am
Winston wrote:
The Crow is a cult classic IMO, and I believe Brandon's character is iconic.

Brandon's character likely heavily influenced Heath Ledger's Joker. The parallels seem to be too obvious.

Brandon Lee died in 1993 according to Google. Heath Ledger played the Joker in the first decade of the 2000s, so who influenced whom?

Of course the Joker character is much older. But the '60's silly Batman show had aired. I watched reruns of that as a child, and Brandon Lee might have also. Jack Nicholson had played the Joker by that time if I remember correctly.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

@shawnberwick
I used to like the Crow too even though I prefer Brandon Lee's more gregarious smirking macho-guy performances in Rapid Fire, Showdown in Little Tokyo, and hopefully Laser Mission, which I haven't watched yet but am optimistic about.
I never saw the Heath Ledger Batman but that pic you posted leaves little doubt the film-makers must have been modelling their own work on The Crow.

@MrMan
Brandon Lee was killed by a gunshot wound while filming The Crow, as it happened, a tragic (apparent) accident when someone f***ed up and didn't fix the prop guns. (Kind of like what happened to that disgraceful POS white lib Alec Baldwin only recently, who gunned down a chick on the set of his movie, and later tried to blame it on the January 6th Trump Cosplayers the libs and jewmedia termed "insurrectionists."

Back to the positive topics: I haven't seen the Jack Nicholson Joker since I was a kid. I saw it in an old classic theatre in Northwest Leningrad, Oregon (euphemistically still known as "Portland," Oregon) not long after it came out in the late 80s.
But I love Jack Nicholson. I don't look like him at all, but I think he's got some great techniques to learn about handling women in some of his films. My favorite is Witches of Eastwick (which I think was 1987), where his technique and facial expressions he uses when Cher starts denouncing him at length, and then he manages to get her into bed right afterward anyway, are worth watching. :D
Darryl Van Horne, his name was, in that movie.
I first saw Witches of Eastwick back when I was still an edgy Travis Bickle-ish character in my early 20's, avidly reading every "PUA" and women's psychology and biology book I could get my hands on so I could learn how to score with them without them them screwing me over like they often do their LTR boyfriends and husbands. And I thought the Darryl Van Horne combination of maintaining the right vibe and not arguing but also not being apologetic when women start denouncing you over various matters, is a good one that often pays dividends. Not all women will give you that kind of drama, of course, but I've noticed from some experience and also "the literature" that the ones who do like drama seem to like surging and welling up in a stormy wave of feminine emotion and sort of 'breaking' against you, and a lot of times want to have sex pretty shortly afterwards (even if the matter of how you're supposedly the worst guy ever or are so utterly wrong about point XYZ were never actually resolved by argument).
So I think there's something to that wavelike surge of emotion that makes them horny afterward, but on the other hand a lot of women tend to want to have sex almost all the time anyway, since that's how nature made them. Be sure to stay in shape and watch out for your health and vitality around women, guys: Remember they're only after one thing! :o )

By the way: I wouldn't want to get a psychotic woke lib like Cher or Susan Sarandon into bed, of course, but at risk of being overgenerous with some nutcase libs: I thought all the women in that movie did a good job acting their roles, along with the lovely Michelle Pfeiffer.
I got a little off the subject of Bruce and Brandon Lee here in my enthusiasm, I admit that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

William Smith,
I highly doubt if Brandon Lee's death was an accident. There are many good reasons to believe it was not. See the link below. Anyone can kill or sacrifice someone and make it look like an accident. It's very common and there are countless examples. Even the movies show you how easy it is to make a murder look like an accident. See the beginning of the movie "Enemy of the State" for an example. See the thread below on the Brandon Lee and Bruce Lee conspiracies.

viewtopic.php?style=11&f=29&t=14949

Heath Ledger's sudden death was also highly suspicious. Especially since just before he mysteriously died, he held his new baby in his arms and said "I'm so happy that I'm ready to die". A very creepy and eerie thing to say. There is a video of him saying that. Also, it's suspicious that the person who found him called the Olsen Twins first before calling an ambulance. A lot of suspicious details there.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
shawnberwick
Freshman Poster

Post by shawnberwick »

MrMan wrote:
May 13th, 2022, 6:02 am
Brandon Lee died in 1993 according to Google. Heath Ledger played the Joker in the first decade of the 2000s, so who influenced whom?
I said that Brandon's Crow character influenced Heath Ledger's Joker. How does the timeline put that into question?

Are you saying you think the movie is too old for Heath Ledger to look for inspiration?

I honestly don't get what point you are trying to make.
Of course the Joker character is much older. But the '60's silly Batman show had aired. I watched reruns of that as a child, and Brandon Lee might have also. Jack Nicholson had played the Joker by that time if I remember correctly.
Every portrayal of the Joker is different, though has commonalities. Heath Ledger's Joker and Jack Nicholson's Joker have distinct differences. Jack Nicholson's Joker probably did influence The Crow, but Heath Ledger's Joker is far closer to The Crow than Jack Nicholson's Joker.

Have you seen the movie The Crow? The make up design and chaotic thrill seeking character of the Crow has strong parallels with Heath Ledger's Joker.

Like in this scene...

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Winston wrote:
William Smith,

@Winston you might be right about Brandon Lee's death not being an accident, I don't know anything about that yet, but will check out what you posted later. However, just popped in to let you know a chick showed me how to take digital clips off my DVDs so I can upload some clips from Showdown in Tokyo and other un-PC retro action movies to my Bitchute channel later, and contribute them in a thread on this forum. So that proves "American women" aren't all bad, right guys? :mrgreen:

There's a lot of good firearms in that movie as well as Dolph and Brandon Lee brawling a lot, the hot Pinay, and the nude blonds lying on the sushi tables:

The Yakuzas use micro-uzis a lot:

The bald guy who (if memory serves, reaching back many decades to childhood) was also in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as some sort of right-hand man to Shredder, has a nice Heckler & Koch MP5K:

And here's Dolph being an Otaku with a big rising sun headband (LOL, well I'm a strong supporter of Japanese nationalism myself), while rescuing that hot Pinay you like with one hand, and holding an M16 SP1 in the other hand, LOL.
tiagomoncada
Freshman Poster

Post by tiagomoncada »

bruce is overated. he was sensationalized by the white man. he wasnt really that popular in china. in fact, the reason why he moved to america is because people wanted to beat him up. hes a good actor but shouldnt be worshipped
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

tiagomoncada wrote:
September 2nd, 2023, 10:30 pm
bruce is overated. he was sensationalized by the white man. he wasnt really that popular in china. in fact, the reason why he moved to america is because people wanted to beat him up. hes a good actor but shouldnt be worshipped
I will have you know Mr.Wu will drop kick you through the wall for such comments...
Time to Hide!